It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Ausie 04

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
well i think innjuries will only cause people to drop out from now on. But still it does hurt the event.

But you have to wonder if having teh ausie open at the beginning of the year is best, maybe they should move it to next month of something.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
well i think innjuries will only cause people to drop out from now on. But still it does hurt the event.

But you have to wonder if having teh ausie open at the beginning of the year is best, maybe they should move it to next month of something.

Well i don't know if that would make any difference shifting it.I guess its just unlucky that a few have all picked up injuries at the same time,it could happen at anytime,just bad timing i suppose.

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well it is a long way until the next slam

Ben

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Roddick and Agassi of America already move on, and 3 former finalists have fallen under the open, Rainer Sch�ttler, Arnaud Cl�ment, and Carlos Moya pulled out at the last minute.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Roddick is going to win and he proved that they way he played in the opening round. Let's just hope he doesnt play federrer because he seems to have his number each and every time. Meanwhile A-train or Agassi always seems to play well down under.

Ben

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
im a little mad now, the ausie open people who seat the draw actually seated venus 3, when she is ranked 13th in the world, and on top of that she won last night

Ben

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Venus cruises into the next round of the open as as kim clijisters, and Henin

TRD

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ben whats been happening in the open so far?,i havn't had time to follow it much.

Ben

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well as it stands not to many top seeds have fallen, i do believe the whole top 5 on both sides are still intact. Roddick and Agassi have moved on with ease so far. And on the Women's side the Belgiums are making some noise.

Ben

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Todd Martin gets outsed of the open by Marat Safin as him and Blake move onto the fourth round.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Lisa Raymond caused the biggest upset of this year's Australian Open so far with a stunning straight-sets victory over third seed Venus Williams.Last year's runner-up, who had looked rusty during the early rounds of her first competitive tournament in six months, was broken five times and made 44 unforced errors as Raymond ran out a 6-4 7-6 (7/5) winner.

Henman goes

Looks like Henman did his usual as he crashed out of the Australian Open after blowing a two-set lead against Argentina's Guillermo Canas.Henman looked set for a fourth round meeting with David Nalbandian when he took the opening two sets in Melbourne against his unseeded opponent.But Canas, down to 258th in the world after injury problems last year, produced some superb tennis to level the match and force a fifth-set decider.

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey thats good to see Venus out..nice

Henman just doesn't have what it takes,he blew it again.

Ben

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good to see venus out, somebody other than a williams sister will win it this year again. To bad for Henman he is a really solid player.

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
How can he be solid if he blew a 2 set lead agaisnt someone ranked that low?

Henman just hasn't got what it takes,he will win a major comp one day,maybe when the top 40 players are all out injured.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well in the men's feild you cant count out anybody the field is just too deep, and players are just strong now and days. You just cant count out anybody.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
With a couple of losses you can drop out of the top 10 or even the top 25, it is a very strong field take gonzalez, the player who roddick played in the second round, last year he was in the top 15, and now he is unranked

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like the gang has arrived LOL!

Just look at the statistics..

Henman is CONSITANTLY getting knocked out of tournaments,how many has he actually won?? (big tournaments) hrmm none i think you shall find.

He hasn't even made it to a Grand Slam final.

Ben

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
well henamn isnt going to win that many big tournaments becaue he is a serve and voller with no big forehand and he plays a safe game.

Sampras was a serve and volleier but look at that forehand he had when he had to stay on the baseline. Henman doesnt have that and the only tournaments he does well on is grass, becaue he is able to do a little more with his serves and volleys

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
well henamn isnt going to win that many big tournaments becaue he is a serve and voller with no big forehand and he plays a safe game.

Exactly thats why he won't be a champion!!

Ben

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Big action in the Ausie 4th round. Roddick beat Shane Shalken with ease, and Aggasi moves on as well, same with Grosjean. Safin also beat James Blake

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join