It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Lame Finals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought that the NBA Finals this year were extremely boring.... Even though it did go to 7 games, i just could not really care either way who won,

Did anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I hear where you're coming from.

They are two outstanding defensive teams, I would have rather seen the Suns-Heat myself. I thought the first four games were a bit on the boring side but I also thought that games 4,5, and 6 were very exciting and made up for the first four for an overall decent finals. I'd rather see a 120-118 game though.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good basketball has good defense, just like the NHL. I missed the last 3 games, but the first four were good, just the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i found them borin also

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Guys in the NBA there are expectations and surprises too. So you maybe remember the glorious NBA matches of the past. I think there are very enjoining matches today even if the Spurs took the trophy again like 2003. Enough people thought that Heat would make all the way to the Finals but nevertheless it was a good year.
I won't say about my team -NJ Nets- because they hadn't the best season this year. NBA was never been bad or boring. Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would have liked to see Scramento in there... but that wasn't happening. I also would have liked to see Shaq and the Heat win he championship, so it could prove that Kobe would have no rings without Shaq.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i wouldve liked to see a Lakers-Heat Finals. that wouldve been very interesting. it would have gotten good ratings too. it would be even better if the lakers beat the heat.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I hate teams that win with defense. Examples from various sports. Take the Baltimore Ravens' Super Bowl team a few years back. THE most boring winning team ever. And the New Jersey Devils (I agree with anybody who says they ruined hockey). They started that whole trap thing that just made scoring so difficult. I know that's the point, but it wiped out everything most people love about hockey. People like high tempo, high scoring action. Hockey purists probably enjoy a good 2-1 game, but I don't. And as for the NBA, the NBA finals should not have games ending at like 78-76 and all that. Both teams should go over 100 points. That said, baseball is the exception. What makes baseball so great is that, if two opposing pitchers throw shutout innings for 8 innings, it gets pretty damn intense. And if two teams slug it out and it goes back and forth and it's at like 8-7 in the 9th, it's also pretty intense. The only "boring" games are the ones that a team goes up 7-1. Of course, if your the Braves' bullpen, you'll actually make the game a little more interesting. Hooray! Okay. Enough of this. Teams that are all defense are boring as hell. I could have just said THAT.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yup... my Braves bullpen does want to make games more interesting... even if we have a 6 run lead. Luckily Andruw can finish off the team for us in the 10th

top topics

join