It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: another nba lockout???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
you would think that the nba would have learned something from the nhl by now...and why would the head of the players union even think of bringing race into this dispute?

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Truly idiotic of Billy Hunter to try and play a race card, I don't understand where he's coming from. How is saying that the agents try to control what the players do racial, in any fashion? first of all, there are players from all races in the NBA, and secondly, you could say that in any sport!

Hopefully they get this worked out, but I don't belive they will have the same problems that the NHL is having, as they see what's happening over on the ice, and won't want to experience that.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Billy Hunter had promised to make one more call to NBA commissioner David Stern, and he wasted little time picking up the phone. As a result, collective bargaining talks between owners and players will resume Friday.

source

Yahoo! sports

Let's hope they figure this out, and quick.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well you need to think, they have until June 30 to figure this out before the strike begins. I don't want to miss out on my basketball. The draft is coming up and I love to trade and draft. I love the feeling of getting new, better (maybe worse) players.

Billy Hunter needs to step up his game and get his act together. If he played by the rules, things could get done. These are not very big suggestions. JUST GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT! I don't want to miss the NBA!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank goodness that's over. Hunter and Stern came to a tentative agreement this morning, before game 6.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They should of had it done a while ago!

new topics

top topics

join