It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Mavericks Vs. Kings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
honestly i like this sac/dal rivalry better than the sac/LA one

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
true, the styles of dallas and sac are closer, but there has been more smack talk between the lake show and kings

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am surprised I've been right so far... so I still think they'll win it in 6. I prefer tha lakers-Kings rivalry. Since they are in the same state it make it even bigger. Most of my friends are either a Lakers fan or Kings fan, and that's a BIG reason I like that rivalry better. I Smell a sweep over the Lakers for the Kings! I figure I've been right with my predictions so far, so I'll make this prediction.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I am surprised I've been right so far... so I still think they'll win it in 6. I prefer tha lakers-Kings rivalry. Since they are in the same state it make it even bigger. Most of my friends are either a Lakers fan or Kings fan, and that's a BIG reason I like that rivalry better. I Smell a sweep over the Lakers for the Kings! I figure I've been right with my predictions so far, so I'll make this prediction.

Let's make sure that they both make it to the 2nd round before we make predictions of who wins the West! there are too many good teams out there yet...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan:

I am surprised I've been right so far... so I still think they'll win it in 6.

Well I think Thursday night is important for the Kings to close it out then. I think if they lose Game 5 this series goes 7 because it'll really be hard to expect the Kings to win another one Dallas where the Mavericks have the best home record in the league. You figure law of averages will catch up with you sometime.

And since we've talked about the Kings choking already. Dallas is the best free throw shooting team in the league and they missed 13 free throws in Game 4 that cost them the game. If that's not choking also, I don't know what is.

Anyways, on the other side of that, if you believe in #'s and I only believe in them a little because one the ball it tipped all that stuff goes out the window but to win this series Dallas would have to win twice in Sacramento and they're a horrible road team and the Mavericks have to win 3 straight to win this series and the last time the Kings lost 3 straight was a long, long time ago. I think in like January of 2002 when we lost to the Lakers, Jazz, and Bucks.

So I think they're best chance to close them out is Thursday night and I hope they do.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't even cxare that my predictions were wrong for this game... as long as my Kings win the series I'll be happy. They'll have a tough time over the T-wolves, but i don't care. They'll overcome them somehow.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As long as your team wins it what counts.

Who is in the next round so far for the west

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, looks like the Kings are moving into the next round. The Mavericks sure had their chances though with three tight games. If only the Mavericks could play some defense they would be the ones moving on.

I sense some major off season changes being made to the Mavericks roster soon...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KL Dawger
Well, looks like the Kings are moving into the next round. The Mavericks sure had their chances though with three tight games. If only the Mavericks could play some defense they would be the ones moving on.

I sense some major off season changes being made to the Mavericks roster soon...

they just gotta work on learning how to play some sort of defense and they will be unstoppable lol

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan:

I don't even cxare that my predictions were wrong for this game... as long as my Kings win the series I'll be happy. They'll have a tough time over the T-wolves, but i don't care. They'll overcome them somehow.

Yup, GiantsFan. I still give you props for being right before and I thought you were going to be right again after we went down 16 in the 1st Quarter.
I was all thinking, "Oh man, we're going to get blown out." Because we were not ready at the start of that ballgame. I'm just a little bit happy because a lot of people picked Dallas to upset us and they were wrong.
I'm not really, really happy though because getting out of the first round isn't the goal.

Originally posted by KL Dawger:

True but we didn't play that good either. If we play like that against Minnesota we're toast. Overall we didn't defend well and rebound well this series. If we had done that and cut our turnovers we would have blown Dallas out of the water, probably swept them.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
True but we didn't play that good either. If we play like that against Minnesota we're toast. Overall we didn't defend well and rebound well this series. If we had done that and cut our turnovers we would have blown Dallas out of the water, probably swept them.

You could say that for just about any team in the playoffs.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KL Dawger:

You could say that for just about any team in the playoffs.

My bad. I see what you mean now. Let me pick one then. Rebounding. If the Kings had rebounded better the series wouldn't have been as close as it was and the Kings might have even swept Dallas. Even in the games the Kings did win (ie. Game 5) they were still pummeled on the boards.

[Edited on 05/02/2004 by Fox Mulder]

Ben

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Who are the kings playing in the next round? The wolves right?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yup, at Minnesota for Game 1 tomorrow night.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can you beleive this crap -

Mavs fined $25K

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ah, they deserve it. They hit below the belt with the Christie thing.

The Webber thing I thought was okay though.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I didn't catch any of the tape. What did they have on it?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I didn't see it either. Just heard about it. It had Webber being showered with money. I thought that was okay.

But then it had Doug Christie on a dog leash, handled by his wife Jackie. I think that was kind of low. I think players are fair game but their family isn't.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh, but that was funny...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ah, family members are below the belt.

I'm glad Cuban got fined. Not that he cares. He's got enough bucks.

[Edited on 05/06/2004 by Fox Mulder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join