It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Mavericks Vs. Kings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Today starts what looks to be the highest scoring, most entertaining series in the NBA playoffs this year.

3:30 on ABC in the US of A. Keep your eyes glued to the tube, you won't want to miss it.

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I look for the Mavs to pull their series out, the Kigns are a bit on a slide right now

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Kings pull out game 1, 116-105, not too shabby. This will probably be the only series that both teams average over 100 points.

I missed most of it, I was on the road

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
116 to 105! Kings win!

I try not to get too high after a win or too low after a loss but a much, much needed win today. The Kings had lost all their confidence coming into today's contest.

I think the Kings must, must win on Tuesday night to have a good chance to win this series.

Remember both of these teams are horrible on the road. So I think the first team that loses at home loses this series.

[Edited on 04/19/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think the Mavs will pull a first round upset this series. The Kings have been in a pretty bad slump lately with Webber and they are missing their spark plug off the bench, Bobby Jackson. Mavs should take this series in 7 games.

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
anybody watch this game the other nigth

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Of course I watched the game... well the first 3 quarters. I say my Kings will take it all in 6. Though the Kings lost a lot late in the season... In the middle of that slump they crushed the supposed "best team in the NBA". Yes they lost to teams like Denver, mediocre teams, but when It comes to the Mavs, Lakers, or Spurs... they play their Heart Outs.. An I gotta special shout out to Doug Christie... he took the game into his own hands and did it very well. As I said before, Kings in 6, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep or 5 game win.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yup, Anthony Peeler also had a great Game 1. He hit some shots when the Mavericks were in the zone.

And since everybody's piling on Webber, let me defend him.

He played a great game Sunday, not only offensively but defensively he was very good.

And you guys see him dive for loose balls and get them twice!
He usually doesn't do that. And as a team when you see your star play go all out like that, it's hard not to go all out yourself.

Originally posted by GiantsFan:

An I gotta special shout out to Doug Christie... he took the game into his own hands and did it very well.

21 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds. And that steal of Antoine Walker and the dunk at the other end was just sweet!

What a performance yesterday!

As I said before, Kings in 6, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep or 5 game win.

Well the last 2 years the Kings lost Game 2 to the Mavericks in the playoffs. Hopefully it'll be different tonight.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If Kings win game 2 I concede the series to them, but they better hope they don't need Doug Christie to play like this every day in order to win.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
they won't have to... Peja or Bibby will come up big in some of these games, as well as miller and webber. They're up 51-44 now... Let's see if they can hang on!

[Edited on 04/10/03 by GiantsFan]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Kings one game 2 and now lead the series 2-0. They narrowly escaped the mavs by a score of 83-79. The Kings will now most likely be the winner of this series. GO KINGS!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow! We held the Mavericks to 79 points! Can you believe it?

After the win tonight, I feel very confident that we can win this series now. You're asking Dallas to win 4 out of the next 5 against Sacramento to win this series and I just don't think they can do it.

Originally posted by Cannon:

If Kings win game 2 I concede the series to them, but they better hope they don't need Doug Christie to play like this every day in order to win.

Well he has to play well because Bobby Jackson is gone for the playoffs. Now he doesn't have to play extraordinary like he did in Game 1. But 13 points and 11 boards it good enough for me tonight.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yep its over now

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't quite say that.

The Mavericks have the best home record in the league at 36 and 5. I would be bummed if we lost the next 2 but not surprised.

Now if the Kings win on Saturday, then it's over.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think the Kings will lose the next game... win the next to go 3-1 then lose again, and then Win the seies 4-2 in 6 games.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I bet the series goes 7 games, there's a lot riding on this for both teams.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan

I think the Kings will lose the next game... win the next to go 3-1 then lose again, and then Win the seies 4-2 in 6 games.

Well I hope you're right, GiantsFan. I would be very happy with one of 2 in Dallas.

We have to do a better job on the boards though. We got outrebounded by almost 10 that last game. Dallas is a horrible defensive team. If we can contain them on the boards we can rout them.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
well... I've been right so far. kings lost this game to make it a 2-1 lead. Though the loss was by more than I would have liked, they should win the next game... I hope!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think that the Kings willeventually win this series, but it's gonna be a dog-fight. Home team will win every game.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Woohoo! Kings win 94 to 92!
What a game!

Originally posted by GiantsFan

Heh, well props to you, GiantsFan. You've been right all the way through so far. I hope you're wrong about that last part though and the Kings close these guys out in 5.

[Edited on 04/27/2004 by Fox Mulder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join