It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Draft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Who would you rather have on your team Carmelo Anthony or Lebron James.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lebron. I think Anthony will be a significantly above average player in the NBA, but I think after a few years of adjustments Lebron will be a kobe or mcgrady.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lebron should be a great player after a couple of years. But if you are looking for a player that will impact the team right away and get some quality points almost every night I think that you have to go with Anthony. Carmelo had some time in the NCAA, altough he was a freshman he did lead his team to the Big Dance and then won the big dance. Tough Decision though.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its a really tough choice for a GM to make. On one hand, if you choose LeBron James and he turns out to be a dud, you won't be blamed because everyone expected him to be great.

On the other hand, you can choose Carmelo Anthony, who has somewhat proved himself. If he turns out to be great, but LeBron turns out to be even greater...then you won't look so good. Its a tough choice.

It depends on the makeup of your team I suppose, if you have a solid team already and need a strong scoring forward then there you have it, Anthony is the right choice. If you are in the same situation as Cleveland, Miami, and Denver then LeBron is the right choice. Even if he doesnt turn out be be great, he will raise ticket sales with his high fly act.

Ben

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your right Cannon. Lebron is a little more verstile than Carmelo and Lebron can play the Gaurd or the Shooting Forawrd position. And it does depend on the needs of your team. I would personally go for Carmelo, just because he has the experience in the big games. And has played agaisnt college people, and not High School people. It will take less time for Carmelo to adjust to the NBA.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'd go for Lebron, agree that Carmelo would make more of an immediate impact on paper, but you never know.

No surprise that these two head the draft, for which 73 players have declared early entry though. Any early indications from your side who's putting in for Dwyane Wade? I heard the Bulls are chasing??

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
well Cleveland has the first pick, but what about the Pistons? What a suprise! I hear that they are almost certainly going for the European 7 footer...I cant remember his name, but they can then move Ben Wallace to power forward!

This would make them the biggest team in the East I think.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I just saw that, surprising with Detroit getting #2. They interviewed Joe Dumars and when they asked him about the European, i forget his name too, Dumars just smiled.

I'm also glad to see the top two picks go to the Eastern Conference so maybe down the road the talent level will balance out some. I didnt see the third, maybe it was an East team also.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
his name is darko milicic I think. 18 years old and 7'2. Next years starters will be hamilton, billups, prince, wallace, and darko. Pistons will be the #1 team in the east again.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
his name is darko milicic I think. 18 years old and 7'2. Next years starters will be hamilton, billups, prince, wallace, and darko. Pistons will be the #1 team in the east again.

Yeah, thats him. Thats a tough lineup, they'll be that much tougher if that kid is ready.

Ben

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have heard about this kid he sounds amazing. Why arnt the Pistons going to sign Carlmelo? I also heard on the news the other day that Lebron signed a big deal with nike worth 100 million dollars. One of the highest paid endorsments ever. The funny thing about this is he hasnt even played one game or even one minute of basketball in the pros.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Reasons for darko over carmelo. The pistons have a good prospect at small forward already in prince and a good shooting guard in hamilton. The only real hole we have right now in the lineup is at center. We also need a scorer. Darko fills that hole as a tough tall defender and a very solid scorer. I read that he is comparible to dirk nowitzski except better at defense.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
yeah, Carmelo would fill the scoring hole but not the center hole for the Pistons. Darko is the good choice.

This is also good news for Denver, they should get Carmelo Anthony now- just in time too, since Juwan Howard will probably leave this year.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow, that looks like a strong Pistons line up! I heard from a contact at Nike that they have signed Lebron to a big deal, don't know the amount but if it's near 100m then that is ridiculous!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
90 million! largest ever...carmelo was also signed by nike but they didnt say the price

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
his 90 million deal was with Nike. He also signed a 1 million trading cards deal with Topps

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That is some serious bread, couldn't even imagine that sort of wealth.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
How much is he gonna get playing for cleveland on top of the 91 million he is already making?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the first pick automatically gets a somewhat large contract(not huge, but quite a bit)...I'm not sure exactly what it is though.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
I think the first pick automatically gets a somewhat large contract(not huge, but quite a bit)...I'm not sure exactly what it is though.

Yea I dont know what it is exactly either...but I know all first round picks automatically get contracts

top topics

<<   2 >>

join