It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Boston vs. NJ Nets - 2nd Rd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What do you think the outcome of this series will be? Boston is playing pretty good but they seem to live and die from the three point line and I think that eventually catches up to you, especially against a talented team like the Nets. J Kidd is a great player and K Martin has really stepped up his game this year. I like the Nets in 6.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I like the Nets in 7 on this one.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This should be a great re-match from last year, but the outcome will be different New Jersey is playing like they want the whole thing. The bench is playing solid and J-kidd is playing amazing like he did last year. Boston does two things every night they either barely win or they lose by a lot. They live by the 3 point line like PA said but they cant be shooting threes all night. Jersey in 5 or 6.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
boston is looking for some revenge for last year, but like you guys said they rely on the 3 ball too much. K-mart will score 25 every night against em.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I like the Celtics in 6.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The nets in 5, last year's series wasn't as close as it looked in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Strong game by the Nets beating the Celtics tonight 97-93. Paul Pierce had 34 but J Kidd and K Mart were too much for the Celtics. Antoine Walker only had 14.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Nets played an outstanding game in my mind. They were able to do everything that they wanted to. They ran the floor they were able to play solid defense. And they were able to contain Perice and force him to pass a lot more than he wanted to. J-Kidd went 4-13 from the field, but had 15 points. The big stat was with his ast, and how he can always get his players involved if they run the floor. K-Mart had a huge game, and so did Jefferson.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Paul Pierce had a triple double but it wasnt enought to beat the Nets as the Celtics go down 2-0. Jason Kidd played another strong game, the Nets shouldn't have much problem finishing the Celtics off.

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Nets are just to fast for the Celts. Perice had a solid game but J-Kidd played awesome, and he had people around him to help him out. Perice seems to be playing the Nets all by himself. He really isn't getting that much help from the players around him. Walker went 3 of 15 from the field. Its just a hunch but I don't think you are supposed to be playing like that in the playoffs. I could play better than that.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It looks as though the Nets just might sweep this series. They are dominating this series all over. They are shutting down Pierce, and J-Kidd is just amazing leading this team. K-Mart is showing why he is great. And the Nets should close this series out. If you noticed that the Boston fans were even picking on their own players. One of the Boston coaches was ready to fight a fan.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Celtics are done, Jersey should sweep if not win it in 5.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
it certainly looks like it, very suprising that Boston's home court didnt help them at all in game 3

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like the Celtics are a one man show right now, Paul Pierce cant win a playoff series by himself. Antoine Walker averaging 12 points??

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"The NBA is investigating an incident in which Boston Celtics forward Antoine Walker pushed a fan."

"Walker was taken out of the game with 4:42 remaining and the Celtics trailing by 24 points in an eventual 94-76 loss. Responding to a fan heckling him from the row of seats directly behind the team's bench, Walker put his left hand on the right side of the fan's face and pushed him. "

sports.espn.go.com...

Sounds like the Celts are a tad frustrated.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Took them two overtimes, but the Nets swept the Celtics tonight 110-101. Jason Kidd had 29 and 8 assists and now the Nets can sit back, rest, and wait for the 76ers-Pistons series to be over. The Nets are playing good basketball right now.

Ben

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think that the Nets would rather two overtimes to take care of the Celts, then another game to play. J-Kidd is playing like the leader he is and is just making the players around him great. Like you said PA they can now sit back and just watch the 76ers and the Pistons go at it, and they will most likely be doing some scouting on this game.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Nets are certainly getting a nice rest while they wait for the Sixers-Pistons series to end.

new topics

top topics

join