It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Sacramento vs. Dallas - 2nd Rd.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
is it his ankle?? I thought he hurt his knee or something?

You were right, it was his left knee.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yup, there's no "D" in Sacramento either it looks like.

I haven't been this depressed since after Game 7 with the Lakers last year.

Early, indications I'm hearing is that Chris Webber is out for the rest of the postseason.

And Bobby Jackson, with a broken cheek bone, could play with a mask.

I think it'll be tough, but I think the Kings still have a chance to win this series without Webber.

Against the Spurs or Lakers in the next round, if it gets that far however, I can't see the Kings beating either of them w/o C-Webb.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
dunno, theyre still incredibly deep (took Lakers to 7 last year w/out Stojakovich)

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well first things, first, I still think they can beat Dallas. It'll be a lot tougher now, of course.

But first they need to at least try to defend, which they didn't do last night.

And, 2nd I think they should walk the ball up the court a lot more now, with Webber's firepower gone. Vlade is almost as good as Webber in his effectiveness against Dallas' big men. They need to walk it up, throw the ball down low to him then back around and be patient enough to get a great look. Too many times they rushed shots last night.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree FM, I think rushed shots is an understatement. Theres no question that the loss of C-Webb hurts the Kings, but they are deep and I still think they'll get by Dallas, but if they do, the next round will be awfully tough without Webber.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Its going to be a lot harder for them to beat Dallas i don't really know if they can do it now. Dirk won't have a great defender on him like C-Webb. If they do get past Dallas. They will have a hard time getting past him i agree with everybody on that one.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What really sucks is if you saw all of the last 2 games, Chris Webber was the only player the Kings had that Dallas had nobody they could put out there to matchup with.

I mean, just as an example, look at that 3rd Quarter of Game 2 before he got injured. No Maverick could stop him. He owned them. It was almost like Shaq in the sense, that as soon as Webb caught the ball in the post nobody could stop him. He was going to score no matter what.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
What really sucks is if you saw all of the last 2 games, Chris Webber was the only player the Kings had that Dallas had nobody they could put out there to matchup with.

Yup, those are some pretty big shoes to fill. Luckily they are a very deep team, but still, losing Webb really hurts the Kings.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah, it's time for "Super Vlade" to show up. He's got to be aggressive. If only Vlade was 10 years younger.

And Mike Bibby's got to step up too. He's only shooting like 40 percent from the field this postseason and let Steve Nash go into the lane at will that last game.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Heading to OT, both teams look pretty good, high scoring again as expected. Van Exel hit a big shot with like 5 seconds on the clock to tie it and send the game into OT.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This has been one of the better games I've seen in a while, 125-125.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I thought the Kings would pull out this double overtime game at home, but Dallas won 141-137. Bibby fouling out at the start of the 2nd OT hurt the Kings, abd Bobby Jackson missed a possible tying shot with a few seconds left. The Kings need to regroup and come back ready to play, I still think they'll come back and win this series. Van Exel had 40 points for the Mavs.

Ben

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That was an amazing game i knew that the Mavs could pull it off but Van Exel is playing amazing should see if gets the nodd for the start.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
that game was like watching a video game. I was in complete awe at how the teams would just run down and shoot the 3. what a fun game to watch!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Big win for the Kings to even the series at 2. The Kings looked good, Christie hit some big shots and Vlade made some nice plays. I thought Raja Bell and Parker were going to fight there at the end. Game 5 should be another great game, I'm really enjoying watching this series.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Your right PA that was a great game, I enjoyed watching it just as much as you did. I couldn't believe that Dirk was kicked out of the game. The Kigns played a very determined game, and it showed by the score. The last two games the Mave have run up the score and this time out the Kings played some defense and it won them the game.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think what was really impressive is that the Kings held Nick Van Exel scoreless for the first 39 minutes of the game and he only ended up with only 5 points on 2 of 11 shooting.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Big win for the Mavs tonight. The Kings led for a long time, I was surprised to see Dallas come back and win by that much. The Kings are really missing Webber. Raja Bell hit some big shots in the fourth qtr. The Kings need 2 in a row now, they can do it.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

The Kings need 2 in a row now, they can do it.

The key, and it has always been the case since Chris Webber went out, is Vlade Divac. If he stays out of foul trouble (which he didn't do in Game 5, playing only 13 minutes) and produces, the Kings have a very good chance to win Game 6 and Game 7.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
oh boy we're goin to a game 7...this series is intense!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join