It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Minnesota Timberwolves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So if you're the Minnesota Timberwolves, now that you've gone out of the 1st round, a depressing, if not astonishing, 7 straight years, what do you do now?

Do you just trade Kevin Garnett and start over?

Ben

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't think that the Timberwolves should trade away Kevin. KG is their best player by far and he is the main reason why they make it to the playoffs. He plays just about every game and he gives it them all. If they were to trade away KG they wouldnt be nearly as good. What they should do is try and sign somebody good in the off-season so they have some more depth.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
they need to reevaluate the players _around_ Garnett. Sczerbiak didnt step up when it mattered, niether did Rasho Nesterovik.

Troy Hudson definitely proved his worth, with the exception of game 7.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

What they should do is try and sign somebody good in the off-season so they have some more depth.

But that's the problem.

They're so over the salary cap because of Kevin Garnett's contract, they can't really get anybody good in the free agent market.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
they need to trade Wally Sczerbiak for someone who can create his own shot better.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
That's a good idea.

I would go for that.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
lol here is an idea I don't think that it would work to well, trade Wally for a top pick in the draft. Ummm I don't think anybody will buy that one. What if they sign Karl Malone in the off-season and move him to center. Then they would have KG at PF, and Malone at C.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Props to Minnesota Timberwolves' Owner Glen Taylor in signing Kevin Garnett to a $100 million extension last week.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Minnesota beat the Spurs (defending champs) 100-93 last night moving there record to 26-11

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The T'Wolves keep there hot streak alive winning yet again last night. Destroying the raports 108-97. There record moves up to 28-12

Ben

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The T'Wolves are now tied for the best record in the west as they are able to beat the suns 99-95, the T'wolves are tied with teh Kings after they lost to the Mavs 108-99, the Mavs are on a 7 game winning streak.

Is this a new start for the wolves?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It has been a new start for the T'Wolves since the beginning of the season. The organization finally gave KG help at the Gaurd position by aquiring Sam Cassel and Lateral Sprewell. These two additions have made the Wolves down right dangerous.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
T'Wolves won yet again last night in a close contest.

Ben

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is this the t'wolves chance to win this year?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think they are the best team in the league right now, what team can honestly beat them right now?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The only team that can beat the T-Wolves are the T-Wolves. They have to continue to play good basketball and not let themselves feel invincible.

Its good that they are able to come back to beat opponents, but they should not have to rely on that. They need to take advantage from the get go and lead the whole game.

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They have been playing very well and i think that they can keep that up wiht no problem. There point gaurds dont ahve to take all the pressure shots and the team doesnt have to rely on them becauase well they have KG and we all know what KG can do, he can single handly lead his team to the playoffs. And with the gaurds that they have in the back-court they have the BEST team in the leauge right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I dunno about the Best team, they are very close, i still dont think they will be able to beat a fully heathy lakers team, that is hard to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wining agaisnt last night just proves thier dominace over other teams.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am an Iowa State alumni, and the Hoiberg talk around the Twin Cities is just awesome. Everybody wants Hoiberg to get the ball more so he can drain the treys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join