It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: New Jersey Nets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So do you guys think Jason Kidd will re-sign with New Jersey this Summer?

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Jason Kidd will only re-sign with the Nets if the Nets re-sign Kenyon Martin. Jason said that would be the main reason why he will stay, and when he resigns with them he wants to have the full-salary offered. And then he will re-sign with the Nets. He will most likely stay with the Nets.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I sure hope so.

An already weak Eastern Conference can�t afford a player of his caliber.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I bet that if and thats a big if, if Jason Kidd does leave the Nets iam sure that he would go to the Western Conference. He has expressed in the past that he would love to play with Tim Duncan. But the Spurs are already set with the Gaurd positions so, it would be kindof hard to determine what team he would go to.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Looks like Mutombo is going to miss the start of the playoffs, I think the Nets should be able to handle the Bucks without him, but this could be a good series, looks like "the glove" will be guarding Kidd.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Kidd vs the Glove will be a classic math-up, but i will look for the Nets to win this one. The Nets haven't been playing well and i expect that they have something to prove. Especailly since they fell short last season. Mutombo will give them a big presence down low and should be the deciding factor in most of the games. Nets in 5

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Nets really smoked the Bucks today, J Kidd was awesome. Payton had a pretty bad game, I dont think the Bucks will be able to slow down the Nets let alone stop them. Mutombo did end up playing, they were saying he was still hurt. His brother passed away the other day, must have been a huge distraction.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It was very nice to see the Nets win a big one over the Bucks. The past couple of weeks Kidd, and Scott questioned the other players if they were ready for the playoffs. Today they really answered the call, and came up with a huge win. Mutombo could be still a little hurt, and i would look for him to start later on like in the Finals, or Eastern Conference Finals, so that he is 100%. Kidd and Payton was a very good matchup, and Kidd won round one. It must be fun cause when Kidd was a Kidd he grew up watching Payton.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
what happened to my Nets, they lossed at home by 3 points to the bucks. It was a good game but i can't believe that the Nets lossed. Payton played some solid defense on J-Kidd. The Nets weren't able to run the floor like they did in game 1, and the Bucks were able to control the tempo of this game. This series is now tied at 1 a piece. I know that Mutombo is back from his injury, and the main reason why he isnt starting is because he isnt used to the offense, and Collins has been playing well, but how come Mutombo isnt at least getting some more playing time off the bench?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

what happened to my Nets,

I hope your Nets do end winning the East, Ben.

Because I think that would increase the chances that Jason Kidd re-signs with them and I don't want Kidd coming back to the Western Conference.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Nets barely got away with a win against the Bucks, the Nets almost let this game slipp away from them as they blew at 20 point lead. A good game and a solid comeback by the Bucks, The Nets take a 2 games to 1 lead in this sereis.

After the game George Karl made some harsh comments (in my mind) about the refs and the free throws. There was about 5 second left and Rogers got fouled to move to the line, he missed his first attempt, and then missed his second, after the missed shot, K-Martin knocked the ball back to Rogers who made the game winning shot. with about 2 seconds left. After the game Karl said that Martin clearly foulded mason, and for a call like that to decied a playoff game is a disgrace. When you look at the Replays there isnt a clear foul. But what i dont get it how could the Refs make that call agaisnt Jason Kidd with about a minute to go in the game. Kidd was matched up agaisnt Payton and when Kidd went passed him Payton clearly made a flop, i thought it was kindof funny, he falls about 3 feet after kidd is by him. Then with about 27 second left Kukoc traveled and tied the game up. There was a lot of no calls and a lot of bad calls.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My Nets came away with a huge win last night and they move up and into the lead of this series. They can now close it out with their next game. Kidd had a very solid game, and Jefferson really stepped it up for the Nets with 17 points and 16 boards. Kittles and a great game and when he scores in double figures the Nets usually win. The Nets played an all around solid game. They hit the shots when they needed two.

Ben

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My Nets were able to come away with a win and move onto the next round way to go guys. The NEts dominated the game as the bucks let them do anything that they wanted to. Bring on Boston we will just beat them again.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
He will resign with the Nets, because he knows that the Nets are about the best in the East and he has a chance of showing up in the Finals almost every year. It is much harder to reach the finals in the West.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Alonzo Mourning signed Wednesday with the New Jersey Nets, who are hoping the one-time Miami star will provide the inside game they need to compete with the best teams in the NBA's Western Conference.

The free-agent centre signed a multiyear contract. The deal is believed to be worth $22 million US over four years.

Mourning said the opportunity to play with Jason Kidd and the chance to win an NBA title were the main factors in his decision to sign with New Jersey.

"That was the main reason I came here, because of the winning attitude of this team and the direction it's going in," said Mourning, who was presented with a No. 33 jersey. "I can't think of a player in this league that doesn't want to play with Jason Kidd.

"He's proven he can make not only you but a whole team better."

Mourning, a seven-time all-star, sat out the entire 2002-03 season due to a kidney ailment, but Nets officials are confident Mourning's health has improved enough to justify adding him to their roster.

"Obviously, I'm confident or we wouldn't have signed him," Nets president Rod Thorn said. "Our feeling is he's going to be fine. There's always a risk and a reward. We felt the reward was worth the risk."

The Nets have made the NBA final the last two seasons, but lost in four games to Los Angeles and six to San Antonio, in part because of the inside strength of Shaquille O'Neal and Tim Duncan. Last season, the Nets rotated Jason Collins, Aaron Williams and Dikembe Mutombo at centre.

"We are very pleased to add a player of Alonzo's stature to our roster," Thorn said. "His physical presence down low and the mental toughness he brings to the game will strengthen our team immeasurably."

Mourning, 33, played three seasons with the Charlotte Hornets before joining the Heat in 1995. In a 10-year career, he has averaged 20.3 points and 9.8 rebounds, shooting 53 percent from the field.

He had completed a seven-year, $105 million contract with the Heat.

Kidd, who was also a free agent, had asked the team to sign Mourning. Kidd agreed Friday to re-sign with the Nets, shortly after the team announced its intent to add Mourning.

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
good to see the Nets back on track with a win over the Wizs last night to move to 21-15.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Nets are slipping just like the lakers as they lost big time last night in a re-match of the Finals. Spurs pounded the ball inside and outside as the Nets didnt stand a chance. There record now is 21-19

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nets lose 5 straight games. This is starting to get sad, and now that the building for the nets home is in place look for literaly no fans at there home arean in NJ. Nobody will want to support a team that is moving.

Ben

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
nets who are two time defending eatern conference champs arnt looking like the two time eastern conference champs. They just keep losing and losing and without a crowd to support them how are they supposed to win?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
they need to shot better and start banging those boards, also they seem to have forgotten about there speed and fast break ability.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join