It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL MVP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Who deserves to win the MVP trophy this year?

Should it be Peyton Manning for leading his team to an NFL Best 14-2 record?

How about Shaun Alexander, who set the single season touchdown record at 28, and led the league in rushing with 1880 yards?

How about Tom Brady? Mr. Super Bowl MVP has only led his team back from the brink of playoff extinction, while passing for more yards than anyone else this year.

EDIT- typo!

[Edited on 1/2/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
alright my mvp would have to go to Tiki Barber (light your tiki torches) yes thats right tiki, not only because hes getting better as he gets older but becasue he made the giants 2 demensional. they actually have a run games this year. sure they have a great rising QB and a nice set of receivers. but tell me this. has any team every passed it every play ( i dont no about if they have or not) shaun is an awsome canidate to but im going with tiki. ( not b/c im a giants fan which im not, Im A Dolphins Fan
)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Tiki did have a great season, for the second year in a row, and he should be ever grateful that Coughlin is there, because I think he may have been on his way out soon without him...but not good enough for the MVP...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Shaun Alexander is the best back in the league right now. Manning is and has been the best QB in the league. Tiki Barber is one of my all-time most liked athletes and is having a heck of a year. But I have to agree with Gibbs Baby!!! It's not Barber IMO. I think it has to go to Alexander because I know Seattle has it going on right now but that is in HUGE part due to Shaun. The Colts are a system, a machine and without a number a parts of that machine (not just Manning) they would stall.

MVP- Alexander but if any of the guys Gibbs Baby initially mentioned got the award it wouldn't bother me any.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
it has to go to "Alexander the great" this year, with a * to the seahawks offensive line, they have been outstanding this year

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well of course, I think Manning is the obvious choice
, but to be objective, you can't fault Alexander as the pick. It'll be one or the other, my guess is Alexander.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Gotta go with Alexander, he's taken the Hawks the the "next level".

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Shaun Alexander no doubt.Leads NFL in Rushing and TDS he was a MONSTER on the field plus eh deserves this.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I Would say it has to be Alexander for MVP
another player that no one has mentioned is Larry Johnson

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Nice Work Shaun Alexander. NFL MVP that sounds nice on a resumee. I think that was the correct choice.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdyBaby
I Would say it has to be Alexander for MVP
another player that no one has mentioned is Larry Johnson

I have a certain bias towrds Larry, but he didnt' start for about half the season, even though those stats are monstrous, and the team didn't make the playoffs.

He's got the early lead for next season though..

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Larry Johnson did have an incredible season. Did you guys see some of those runs against the Bengals. The one where he looked dead to rights on the sideline and he reversed his field while a defender was all over him. AND HE SCORED. I just looked at my girlfriend and said WOW this guy is the real deal. Oh yeah Gibbs he's a PSU alum huh? That was a heck of a game the other night against FSU. Delayed my nightly Madden '06 fix quiet a bit but it was well worth it.

new topics

top topics

join