It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mac vs. PC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 05:43 PM
link   
dol you use mac or PC?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 05:47 PM
link   
iBook, 700MHZ, 640 RAM, Combo-Drive, OSX.2.1 Jaquar

This think is a little pocket-rocket... I love it.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:14 PM
link   
booooo down with mac PC FOREVER
haha hah aha

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by Quicksilver]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Um, I use a freak machine. Me and a freind put it together. It has parts from a bunch of different computers. But I would guess PC over mac. The library uses mac, they suck. Owens uses PC, they great.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:02 PM
link   
nothin wrong with Macs but PC's are superior But Linux is the best but thats alil different

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 10:26 PM
link   
PC -- 7 or 8 of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Macs are ok for grandma and grandpa, children and the mechanically reclined(un-inclined?). These are the same people who subscribe to AOL and eat at Jack-In-The-Box(McDonald's competitor on the west coast). I work at the Institute and I see more PCs than Macs(1-2% are Macs)(tells you something about what professionals think of Macs.(This is a global view as well, since these reseachers can have their pick of computers.)) Personally I have a Borg PC(it assimilates parts into its collective). I am running a Pentium 4 1.8GHz, with 256MB RAM, and Windows XP Home Edition. It seems to be working great! I upgraded for $275 clams. How much for a Mac upgrade? Turnaround?-Troy

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by troylawson]

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:14 AM
link   
3 pc's at home, 1 to my office + 1 notebook.

And I'll not tellya what I think about MAC, I don't want to have new deadly ennemy on ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, I'm happy you've deluded yourself into feeling you're superior operating within the Bill Gates evil empire... I'm sure Mr. Gates is very proud of all of you.

I used to feel like you (somewhat), I needed 2 PC's at work... a powerful desktop and a laptop... not anymore... nope.

I sit and chuckle to myself as I work away on my iBook that has just past it's 780th hour of uptime (and I restarted 780 hours ago when I upgraded the system software to 10.2) and never any concerns about pissing away time trouble shooting minor little nits with the OS.

Yup... you guys are da-bomb... as I sit here with PhotoShop 7, Image Ready, Bryce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, IE, Mail, iMovie, and iTunes all running just fine at the same time in my BSD Unix OS Kernel under protected memory on this little iBook. When I'm done, I just close the lid... and when I get back to work I open it and BAM, instant on to all my open apps again.

Yup... you guys got it made.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:42 AM
link   
well i've got these two parrallel machines next door .... um ... something like 14 and 24 processors respectively. then there's the silicon graphics just over the way, and there's an alpha box floating around here somewhere ......

i use a pc though as standard. never had any need for the macs. occassionally use unix, but only if i have to. i hate treading on the toes of the astro's that ~really~ use our unix system. however, all being equal, if i really want power, i ask for access to the supercomputer over in manchester ...

- qo.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 07:44 AM
link   
btw, i never got the big fuss over the multi-tasking of unix and the likes. i happily run a full Mathematica simulation that can easily munch up 100% CPU usage, and chat/post here on ATS, check e-mail, and listen to CDs all at the same time.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i wish we had jack-in-the-box here. do they still have those monster tacos? **drool**

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 01:45 PM
link   
PC

Mac

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Gag in the Bag, ooops...Jack in the Box tacos are 'GRINGO' but man they are good! I haven't had one in over 2 1/2 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:21 AM
link   
how did I miss this thread? Anyway - with out blinking - MAC's are better. It's great to see an NT-based OS marketed to the masses (win XP) - I couldn't be happier they're ditching the 95/98/ME line. Linux is a fine OS to run on intel hardware. But with a unix core on the new MAC's you really can't beat them. Plus, TCO is way less on MACs than PCs. I worked in a large enviroment w/ several thousand PC's and MAC's. PC's outnumbered MAC's about 4/1. Yet support calls for the PC's outnumbered MACs probably 12 to 1 or more.

I miss the PowerPC I used to have on my desk

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

PC's outnumbered MAC's about 4/1. Yet support calls for the PC's outnumbered MACs probably 12 to 1 or more.

It's normal BoB88. Cuz everybody were using the PC's, and nobody was using the MAC's.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Dude... you gotta get a new iBook... amazing pieces of consumer electronics.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, but does it run Age of Empires II? I'm majorly hooked on that game right now!

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:52 AM
link   
yup

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Software: PC over MAC
Hardware: MAC over PC
Ease of Use: MAC over PC
Upgrading: PC over MAC

nuff said...

new topics

top topics