It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is a copy of Mel Kiper's Big Board, what do you think his rankings? Who do you wish would be picked up by your team?

Player Class Pos. School
1. Mike Williams Jr. WR USC

2. Ronnie Brown Sr. RB Auburn

3. Braylon Edwards Sr. WR Michigan

4. Carnell Williams Sr. RB Auburn

5. Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas

6. Alex Smith Jr. QB Utah

7. Aaron Rodgers Jr. QB California

8. Derrick Johnson Sr. LB Texas

9. Adam Jones Jr. CB W. Va.

10. Antrel Rolle Sr. CB Miami

11. Alex Barron Sr. OT Fla. St.

12. Carlos Rogers Sr. DB Auburn

13. Troy Williamson Jr. WR So. Car.

14. Dan Cody Sr. DE Oklahoma

15. Shawne Merriman Jr. OLB Maryland

16. DeMarcus Ware Sr. DE Troy

17. Travis Johnson Sr. DT Fla. St.
18. Marcus Spears Sr. DE LSU

19. Roddy White Sr. WR UAB

20. Mark Clayton Sr. WR Oklahoma

21. Marlin Jackson Sr. CB Michigan

22. Khalif Barnes Sr. OT Washington

23. Jammal Brown Sr. OT Oklahoma

24. Heath Miller Jr. TE Virginia

25. Erasmus James Sr. DE Wisconsin
Mel's big board link

Is everyone ready for the draft???

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm very excited about the draft.

I dont know how many people actually watch it, but I do.

The Cowboys pick #11 and #20 in the first round next Saturday, should get two big impact players to go with some big free agent signings in the off-season.

The Vikings pick #7 and #18 so they should really help their team as well.

So who are the Niners going to take?

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the 49ers are going to pick the player that everybody is taling about which is Alex Smith QB

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I think that they will definatley go with a QB, but, then again, they could use help everywhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Redskins targeting Auburn's Campbell

Washington, already slated to pick ninth overall, added a second selection in the first round of the 2005 draft on Tuesday night, acquiring the 25th pick overall from the Denver Broncos. The prospect Washington brass is eyeing at No. 25? Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell.

Story Link

I am a big backer of Ramsey, I would hope that they get some of thier other question marks answered before they go for another QB. Like linemen, or a deeper receiving corps.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
1 SF - A. Smith
2 MIA - R. Brown
3 CLE - B. Edwards
4 CHI - C. Benson
5 TB - C. Williams
6 TEN - A. Jones
7 MIN - T. Williamson
8 ARI - A. Rolle
9 WAS - C. Rogers
10 DET - M. Williams
11 DAL D. Ware
12 SD - S. Merriman
13 NO - J. Brown

The Niners took QB Alex Smith #1 overall

[Edited on 4-23-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I really thought that the Cowboys were going to get a shot at WR Mike Williams when he was still around at Detroit's pick, right before Dallas. The Lions have drafted WR's in the last two year's first round and didn't think they would make it three, especially with their defensive woes. So now they have Roy Willams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams and no defense. Dont forget the Lions picked up TE Marcus Pollard too so their passing game should really improve, especially if Rogers can keep his collarbone out of harms way.

After Detroit took Mike Williams, I thought for sure that Dallas would take LB Shawne Merriman from Maryland but Parcells surprised me again although I like the selection of Demarcus Ware form Troy St, he's a big DE that brings a heavy pass rush. Last year's draft when Dallas' 1st round pick was up and Steven Jackson was still available I couldn't believe Parcells took Julius Jones. Turns out Jones looks like he's going to be a great back and so should Jackson in St Louis now that he's starting ahead of Marshall Faulk. The good thing is that Dallas picks again in the first round at #20, I think they might go for another defensive stud. I would love to see Marcus Spears from LSU still around at 20 although I doubt it. He's another big impact DE, Spears and Ware would make a nice set of young bookends for that Dallas d-line.

I have faith in Parcells.

:loudhorn: ~ With the 20th pick of the 2005 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...............

[Edited on 4-23-2005 by ProudAmerican]

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
San Fran went with the right decision with picking smith at QB, you need a dominate QB to build a franchise and the 49ers have shown this in the past with Joe montana and Steve Young. And maybe that will continue with Smith, even though that it is high expectations of him, but that also goes with being a 1st round 1st pick in the draft.

The Lions picking 3 straight years at WR, shows one of two things, one that they really don't trust their WR's right now, or they just want to overload at that position.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Chiefs with the 15th pick take Derrick Johnson! Awesome! They have been without a great LB since the late great Derrick Thomas.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The draft has a lot of very talented defensive players, a lot of the top offensive players are already gone, so the defensive is where its at this year.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Do you think that Detroit made the right pick with Williams? They already have a good receiving corps, they dont' really need an impact reciever. Any specualtion they might trade one of thier recievers?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yeah, what's with that? I'm not sold on the Redskins getting a QB in the first round, either, I think there are some more pressing issues to worry about, Ramsey is more than adequate, in my book.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
At the end of the day who had the best draft day?

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
Do you think that Detroit made the right pick with Williams? They already have a good receiving corps, they dont' really need an impact reciever. Any specualtion they might trade one of thier recievers?

I honestly don't know what they are thinking, maybe they will trade one of their WR's, also in the past couple of years the lions did have trouble with injuries in the department of WR, so maybe they are thinking along those lines.

new topics

top topics

join