It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: panthers release muhammad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the carolina panthers have released wide receiver mushin muhhamid, he had some huge games for the panthers but they were unable to come to a deal and so he will move on

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-panthers-muhammadreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Man, how do you just let a guy with his talent go with nothing in return? I heard the Eagles are pretty interested and they have plenty of cap room. I'd really like to see him end up in Dallas catching Bledsoe bombs. Muhammed is in the prime of his career and will have an impact on whatever team he ends up on.

TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Thats surprising they didn't come to a deal. He was their best WR last season, how can they let him go without a fight or was he asking for too much?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All-Pro receiver Muhsin Muhammad agreed to a six-year contract with the Chicago Bears one day after being released by the Carolina Panthers.

Muhammad was cut by Carolina on Friday because the Panthers did not want to pay a $10 million roster bonus due on Tuesday. It didn't take long for him to find a new home, and the Bears will give him a $12 million signing bonus, which is guaranteed money.

www.sportsline.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Chigaco Bears? Is it me or did you think he would have gone to a better team?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Chigaco Bears? Is it me or did you think he would have gone to a better team?

I think that $12 million dollar signing bonus had a little something to do with it.

The Bears have a good defense, especially with a healthy Urlacher. They have good backs in Thomas Jones and A-Train and now have a star WR, all they might need to be competitive is a decent QB.

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah i guess that was a factor, i know its quite a big sum of money. But if i had just come off a season like he just did then i would be looking to go to a top side and better my chances of making the superbowl final. Isn't thats what it is all about? Making it to the final?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Isn't thats what it is all about? Making it to the final?

I agree that it should be, but nowadays these athletes seem to take the payday over the title.

It's usually when guys are ready to retire without a ring, then they'll take a pay cut.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Can you really blame them, though? What's the length of an average professional athlete's career? It's gotta be less than 5 years, right? And in the 4 major leagues on North America, there are at least 30 teams. So how many actually get that ring? A small percentage.

Why not at least get something out of it? I mean, if the owners are willing to pay, and the fans continue to pay for the tickets and other amenities, why the heck not go fo rmoney?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I hear what you're saying Gibbs, it's a win-win situation. I could only hope to have to make that kind of decision. :tum:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"We talkin' 'bout practice?"

new topics

top topics

join