It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Week 14 picks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Pack look like a bunch of idiots right now... I'm almost ashamed to be a Packers fan. They look like a buch of children. Barnett, your down by 13 points!!! Quit acting like a dumbass!!! Can't you hear the fans booing you!!! The fans at Lambaeu never boo their team!!! You aren't that great a defense; when you finally do stop a drive you get frickin' pesonal fouls called against you!!!

I could rant for hours... but I just had to get a little off my chest. We better have a stellar 2nd half!!!

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It looks like GB are grinding it out...

13-13 now..

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It was ugly.... good Lord it's tough being a Packer fan this year... 16-13 GB... now one game up in the NFC north....

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Hey Gibbs, if it's such easy pickin' this week then what were you smoking when you picked the Saints over the Cowboys?

I don't recall, but it was good...

:loudhorn:BTW, I'm 12/14 today...

:approve::smug:
:tum::tum::tum:

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yea you did good Gibbs!

I was 6-2 this week....

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Hey Gibbs, if it's such easy pickin' this week then what were you smoking when you picked the Saints over the Cowboys?

Cowboys 27-21

Looks like I was the one smoking something.

I've been calling the Saints the "Jekylls and Hydes" of the NFL all year but it looks like the Cowboys have put in their request to take that title over. They put up 43 points against Seattle on the road but just 13 against the planet's worst defense at home. I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Looks like I was the one smoking something.

I've been calling the Saints the "Jekylls and Hydes" of the NFL all year but it looks like the Cowboys have put in their request to take that title over. They put up 43 points against Seattle on the road but just 13 against the planet's worst defense at home. I don't get it.

i don't get them this year, man. Of course, as a Redskin fan, I had to take an oath to hate them, but I do have a great deal of respect for the organization in Dallas. Just not jerry. I can say the same about Danny boy, too.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow, did anyone else catch that hit on springs? What a hard hit, he's going out on a strectcher right now. Hope he is fine. he just waved, so it should be OK.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Huge hit on Springs, it was good to see him wave to the crowd.

The Skins didn't look like they wanted this game. I have to say, once again the time management was just awful from Washington. And who was Ramsey looking at when he threw the jump ball in the end zone down by 3 with a minute and a half left? That was an easy INT for Dawkins.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, who's everyone leaning towards tonight?

I think Tennessee will win the game at home but I think it will be close. Billy Volek should play for McNair again and he's looked good filling in, he threw 3 TD's to Drew Bennett last week. The Chiefs will probably give the ball to Larry Johnson alot tonight to showcase him for a postseason trade. They have 2 solid backs in Holmes and Blaylock and should be able to get some decent return on Johnson, who I think has a huge upside. I saw him play every game at Penn State where his father coaches and he's definitely a player. There should be a good amount of points scored tonight as both defenses have been surrendering tons of points.

The line is Titans by 1.5 points and the over/under is at 52 1/2.

I like the Titans and the over.

[Edited on 12-13-2004 by ProudAmerican]

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I read they was leaning more to trade Blaylock??

I think the Chiefs will win it. No particular reason, they will just beat them.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The Skins didn't look like they wanted this game. I have to say, once again the time management was just awful from Washington. And who was Ramsey looking at when he threw the jump ball in the end zone down by 3 with a minute and a half left? That was an easy INT for Dawkins.

Yeah, time management, and stupid, thoughtless plays. It doesn't look like a Gibbs coached team right now.

And that was one of the 2 stupid plays, the other was during Philly's first drive, the interference call. stupid, stupid play by Springs.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm more for the Chiefs, too.

And, they are idiots for not trading one of those two guys at the beginning of the season to the Dolphins. They could have held them out for a ransom, and the whole NFL season would have been different.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You know what? Overall, I thought the 'Skins played pretty damn well against a very strong Eagles team. If they could stop the penalties and manage the clock better, they might have won this game. If they did, it would have been a huge upset.

This is the way it is: To be (and to beat) an elite team (this year's Eagles, Pats, Steeler's) you cannot repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot and expect to win. If Wash can stop the mental hiccupping, they look pretty good to me. And that's even with an old guy coaching them!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
This is the way it is: To be (and to beat) an elite team (this year's Eagles, Pats, Steeler's) you cannot repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot and expect to win.

Exactly. And I think that is one of the attributes that make these teams the elite, their discipline and keeping mistakes/penalties to a minimum.

If Ramsey doesn't throw that lame duck to Dawkins, the Skins at least should have come away with 3 points and a tie game. Not to mention the momentum would have shifted their way and got the crowd into it.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah, what I've been saying. the Redskins are not playing the way you'd expect from a Joe Gibbs coached team. similarly fo the Cowboys.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Kansas City over Tennessee Mr. Johnson, please introduce yourself. We have a nice nationally televised game that we think would be great for you to do it on...

Mr. Johnson, how's about we put you on the horse trailer?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd say Parcells and Gibbs are pretty disappointed with their seasons and will most certainly shake things up in the off-season. I'm certainly hoping for a more competitive NFC East next season.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I'd say Parcells and Gibbs are pretty disappointed with their seasons and will most certainly shake things up in the off-season. I'm certainly hoping for a more competitive NFC East next season.

definately. this has been a disapponting season, all-around, but reality is you can't turn a team around n one season, if you wan tthe effect to last.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looks like both teams have solid, young running backs to build their offense around but at the same they could both use an upgrade at the QB position. Washington has a good defense and I think the Cowboys D is a little better than it played this year so I dont think either team is too far off from playoff contention in the very near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join