It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Peyton Manning -- Whoah!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Whats the record for the most Touchdowns thrown in a game?

Peyton Manning has 6 so far today and its only the 3rd quarter...

[Edited on 25/11/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Looks like they took him out and put in J. Sorgi as QB...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What a day for Peyton. I think the record is 7 in one game if I'm not mistaken. He only needs 7 TD passes in 5 games to tie Marino's single-season record of 48 TD passes.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sid Luckman, Chi. Bears vs. N.Y. Giants, Nov. 14, 1943

Adrian Burk, Philadelphia vs. Washington, Oct. 17, 1954

George Blanda, Houston vs. N.Y. Titans, Nov. 19, 1961

Y.A. Tittle, N.Y. Giants vs. Washington, Oct. 28, 1962

Joe Kapp, Minnesota vs. Baltimore, Sept. 28, 1969

www.rauzulusstreet.com...

[Edited on 11-25-2004 by ProudAmerican]

TRD

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
What a day for Peyton. I think the record is 7 in one game if I'm not mistaken. He only needs 7 TD passes in 5 games to tie Marino's single-season record of 48 TD passes.

I think he will beat it for sure.

Why didn't they leave him in? I reckon he would have beat 7 the way they was playing...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

I think he will beat it for sure.

Why didn't they leave him in?

There certainly aren't any defenses stopping him, about the only thing that could stop him would be an injury and his o-line has been superb this season protecting Peyton. I think he'll easily eclipse 50 TD's.

They took him out because the score was like 41-9. First off you dont want to risk an unnecessary injury when the game is so lopsided. Also it would be unsportsmanlike for the Colts to come back out and pass again when they got the ball because of the lopsided score and Tony Dungy is about as classy as they come. They pretty much just ran the ball to take time off the clock and get the game over with. What a performance by Peyton today though and what a day to throw 6 TD's, with the whole country watching the game. Most people still question this team's ability to get to the Super Bowl though because of their poor defense.

It was funny watching Dan Marino at halftime, he was saying "They need to blitz Peyton more!"

He knows that his record is as good as gone. :smug:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
It was funny watching Dan Marino at halftime, he was saying "They need to blitz Peyton more!"

He knows that his record is as good as gone. :smug:

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is he the best QB at the moment?

What chance have the colts on winning the superbowl?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Pretty good if he keeps up this pace, but that will be hard come January in a cold stadium...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Is he the best QB at the moment?

What chance have the colts on winning the superbowl?

No question he's the best QB right now in my mind. He's not as mobile as Donovan or Daunte but his accuracy and his field presence and intelligence more than makes up for any lack of mobility he has. His line has been superb in protecting him this season and he has hardly even left the pocket.

The chances for Indy in the Big Dance is a whole different question though with their problems on the other side of the ball. Their defense has been suspect all season and when it comes January and it gets cold, defenses can carry teams. Any QB, even Peyton, would be affected playing in New England or Pittsburgh in January in sub-freezing temperatures. It totally changes the passing options and becomes more smash-mouth football, something the Colts dont do well. Maybe their superior offense will be enough to carry the weight of that defense to the SB, but it wont be easy. Not nearly as easy as it is to them right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Unfortuantely for Peyton and his Colts, the road to the SuperBowl has to go through New England. And New England, my friends, has their number.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Unfortuantely for Peyton and his Colts, the road to the SuperBowl has to go through New England. And New England, my friends, has their number.

That's why they play the games. Any team can win on any given Sunday. I wouldn't put it in the books just yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah, last time I checked they still have to play the games. But a little taste of reality doesn't hurt. With the incredible amount of parity in the NFL, the edge is going to the best coached, best disciplined teams. That's what NE has - not a Peyton, not a Donovan - but a great system with great coaching. And even thought they have to play the games (although I do not always think that is necessary, eg NE v. Buffalo) the edge goes to NE -ask Vegas if you don't believe me.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
With the incredible amount of parity in the NFL, the edge is going to the best coached, best disciplined teams. That's what NE has - not a Peyton, not a Donovan - but a great system with great coaching.

No doubt New England has the edge and Belichek does have alot to do with it. Dungy is also a good coach but he just doesn't have the personnel on defense to stop anyone. I think the Pats will come out of the AFC again, I just hope Indy, Pittsburgh, and whoever else make it interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Agreed. In some respects it would be more interesting if the Pats have to win in Pittsburgh to go to the SBowl.

Unfortunately, Tony Dungy is a good coach. But that's it. He has not made it to my Pantheon of Coachdom yet. Let's see how the Colts make out in the playoffs this year. I'll bet it will be very interesting - at least in the AFC. BTW, wha' happen' to the NFC anyway? Are the Falcs (don't get me wrong, I love M. Vick) the weakest 8-2 team of all time, or what?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dont know what happened to the NFC, a team with a losing record could actually make the playoffs yet a 10 win team in the AFC might be watching from home. I thought Seattle would be better than 6-4 and the Rams havent impressed me one bit.

Dungy is just that, a good coach, and that's all he'll be until he wins a big game, if not the big game.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh come out of the AFC, they do hold the tie-breaker with NE.

As for what ahs happened to the NFC? Payback. 15 years of dominance in the Superbowl, but now it's even up.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Granted, assuming they end up tied. Wouldn't your money be on NE running the table before thinking that Pittsburgh will?

It's true the prior NFC dominance is probably being balanced out. It's now the AFC's turn. But isn't that weird? It's not like we are talking abut a batter who is a .300 hitter who goes 0 for 4; you know he will have a couple of 3 or 4 for 5 games to make it up. We're talking about a great number of teams and players and ever changing personnel and staff. Somehow it seems to me that things shouldn't naturally even out when you have that many variables. Some kind of football karma I guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
New England running the table is the easy call, I just feel in my gut that they won't do it.

Balancing out, but it's not total dominance by the AFC, as there are still a couple of decent teams in the NFC.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Gibbs - After watching NE eat the Ravens alive, you still got that feelin'? Steelers didn't look that hot against the 'Skins either.

Am I wrong? Other than Philly, I think that NE, Pittsburgh, Indy and SD (and maybe more AFC teams) are all better and could beat up on every other in the NFC. Whose with me on this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join