It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Peyton Manning -- Whoah!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
IK think that ther eis still "On any given Sunday..."

Too many variables in it, so, as Berman likes to say "that's why they play the games"

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
How can I deny that? I caint. But a little rational analysis don't hurt none.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
OH, there's no denying that the AFC is the class conference. I just don't think that the dominance will be evidenced by a run of what, 17 straight super blows? Parity prevents that.

And parity will keep the patsies form running the table, though they look nearly unbeatable right now...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sure we all know that the AFC is more dominate than the NFC, The AFC has more firepower, better runners and better defense.

But can we honestly sit here and say that the Chargers can go into the playoffs, and beat Green bay? or The Eagles? The Chargers lets not forget had the first pick in the draft last season, and the year before that. And honestly they are playing well, because Brees finally got his act together, something a lot of chargers fans have been waiting for. We knew Brees had the stuff, we were just waiting, and drafting Rivers was probably the best thing, now in the offense we have options of signing Brees and trading away Rivers, whom as i would say right now we dont need. Brees can lead this team to lets say 1 playoff victory, but they will run into trouble when they have to face a team like PItt or NE or even the Colts.

The AFC champ game is going to be great but we cant say the NE is going to win right off the bat, did Pitt or did pitt not beat the Pats sensless this year, and end their streak. Is pItt not the hottest team in the NFL right now, behind a rookie QB, and an ageless BUS. I would put my money down on pitt for the fact that every year they have the running game and the defense and now they have a young QB who is making decisions like an Elway would leading his team to victory.

On the NFC we only have a couple of options there are the Eagles, and the Eagles and wait some more Eagles, the Rams are hopeless, the Seahawks, are even more hopeless since their fall agaisnt the Rams, the Packers are hot but can they stay hot, with Green being injuried and who knows how long he is going to be out for. The Falcons are struggling to get wins on the board, but somehow they do because Vick has to save them in the need, which QB's have to do, but he is still young and agaisnt a defense like the eagles the pats or the steelers, he has no chance, he only produces with his legs, and can barely sit back and pass 20 or 25 times a game.

We all know that the Eagles will probably get to the super bowl unless somet eam arises from teh ashes in the NFC, but all you ahve to do is frustrate the hell out of TO, and he will frustrate his QB thus making it a cycle for a loss, TO is uncontrolable, sure they are winning, but if he doesnt get his Rec, or his TD, he is going to bitch and moan like an old lady to his old man. So as soon as the Eagles make it ot the super bowl they are going to go agaisnt a superior team in Pitt, NE, or the Colts. Colts will tourch their defense, and thus frustrate TO because every time they score the colts will put points on the board, and he will yell at his defense and thus creating a cycle. NE and Pitt will shut down the offense with there amazing defenses, and pound the ball into the eagles until they plea for mercy.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe not the Chargers - but I can easily see the Colts, Pats or Steelers kicking the butt of anyone, including the Eagles, in the NFC.

Yes Pittsburgh did beat the Pats pretty handily. But, you know what, they can't win EVERY game. Give em a break. Also, they were wihtout Corey Dillon in that game and therefore with no running back at all unless you count Kevin (a 3rd down type guy) Faulk.

Hey Gibbs where was your Parity with the Pats winning, what, 25 of its last 26 games, or something on that order?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey, they had an amazing run. but, they haven't proven anytnhing yet. win this year, and continue next year, and we'll talk.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Peyton is one of the most gifted passers to play in the NFL in a while, since Marino???

I don't know about you, but it seems like a blitz works only about 5% of the time against him. He is able to read the defense so quickly, and make choices just as quickly. I have seen many a times where he would take a 3-step drop, have a defender about to plow him over, and he makes a completion 5-6 yards down the field.

Of course, we cannot forget his receivers. Without them, Peyton is nowhere close to the record. How many of those TD's are because the receiver caught the ball 10-20 yards down field, broke a few tackles, made a nice move, and then were off to the races?

I just need Peyton to continue throughout the year, he is my only consistent player on the Slackers!

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by crayon]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Whoah there Gibbsy! - NE Pats: 2 out of the last 3 Superbowls, 25 out of 26 games won. How much more do they have to prove to you, Man?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Of course they are the best team out there, they're the Aper Bowl champs. but, you're saying there isn't parity, I'm saying, there i no dynasty yet. Therefore, there is parity.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Fair enough my Gibbsonain friend. Is it fair to say they are a dynasty in process?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join