It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Week 6 picks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its this time again, last week i was 8 of 9, beating out trd and gibbs on sportztawk, and in the fantasy i was 12 of 14. lets see if i can improve on last week. Here we go.

My first pick is the Chargers over the Falcons, Chargers have been hot, and we all know that brees has confidence and its showing espically in the last two games 5 td's and 0 ints. They will ride LT, to the red zone and its going to be brees to gates in the red zone

In the battle of the beaten's the bills will top the dolphins, for the simple fact that McGahee is starting and is going to have a huge game, and its going to set up the playaction to moulds. That is how they are going to win, the bills just have more weapons on offense than the dolphins.

I like the Ealges over the panthers, this game is going to be close, and its a re-match of the championship game, i woudl have like the panthers to win this, but they just have to many injuries to t heir star players and its starting to show.

I like the Cheifs over the jags, the cheifs showed up something 2 weeks ago in the win, that they can come back and win games, they are going to ride holmes like the chargers are going to ride lt.

I like the Lions over the packers, the packers are hurting on defense, they get behind early, and they lose the running attack. The lions have weapons at WR, especially in rookie williams, if he is a go today he is going to tear up that secondary.

The texans are playing very well, in a close game with the vikings, and a comeback none the less, the texans will beat the titans, its going to be an offensive game, but carr is going to lead his team to victory, and he wont let his team lose 2 in a row.

The biggest game of the week: Pats and Seahawks, to top teams, its going to be close in every aspect of the game, it was a hard decision to make, but you gotta go with the Pats, they are playing very well 19 games in a row, that just shows how good they are. Its a true test today, and the pats will show up and win this, as a TEAm

I like Pitt over dallas, the cowboys are lacking in confidence, and pitt has been hot, especially in the red zone with the bus. Big Ben has shown he can step up and is unbeaten as a rookie qb. He will show off today.

Finally i like the Vikings over the Saints, saints are hurting their coach isnt in good shape, the team is hurting, the saints coach wont last in this years offseason. Vikings are hot Daunte to Moss Daunte to Moss, we will be hearing this a lot today.

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok let's see if i can do better this week....

Bills
Eagles
Skins'
Titans
Kansas
Vikings
Bengals
Rams
Denver

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
20 mins to kicjoff for the early games..

Anyone else trying their luck this week?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Alright, here's my picks -

First, the no-brainers -

Eagles over Carolina.
Jets over San Fran.
St Louis over Tampa Bay.
Minnesota over New Orleans

C'mon, why even watch these games, they'll be blowouts all the way.

Now the rest of the games.

Washington over Chicago. If the 'skins don't win this one, they should wrap up the season now.

Buffalo over Miami. The 'fins just don't have an offense. Geat D, and defense wins championships, but you have to put some points on the board to win...

San Diego over Atlanta. I picked Atlanta in the survival pool, because I had to. But I just have a feeling that Sandiego is gonna pull this off, they are playing well lately.

Houston over Tennessee. I don't think Tennesse is gonna make it this year, they certainly haven't shown much so far, other than last week's win over a decimated Gren Bay team.

Jacksonville over Kansas City. The jags have a team together in florida (at least someone does!). They are winning the way that Baltimore did a few years back on thiere way to a super bowl. And Leftwich is a much bette QB than Dilfer...

Cincinnatti over Cleveland. Look for the Bengals to pull thier season back together, starting with a win over thier in-state rivals.

Pittsburgh over Dallas. Parcells tried to over-inflate Ben Rothlesberger's head this week. His plan will backfire.

Detroit over Green Bay. The torch is passed. The division is now yours, Joey Harrington.

Oakland over Denver. A seeming mis-match on paper, this is a heated rivalry, and the Raiders will pop the bubble that the Broncos have buil for themselves.

Game of the week -

New England over Seattle.

I don't like the way that Seattle has become the popular pick to be the team to beat the Patsies. That's too much for this team to take lightly, and they will come out and show th ehawks who thier daddy is...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i like the pats over the seahawks, perhaps by a big margin, last week the seahawks had the game with st louis well in hand,,,and they blew it with a bad second half in general and a disastrous 4th quarter in particular....the hawk have all the talent in the world but do they have the guts and the heart to be a top nfl team....i don't think so

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Skins have got to win this week.....

Seahawks have a chance but they would have to play their upmost best to win....

Ben

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well im watching the jets game even though it is going to be a blowout, just for the fact that no toher games are on tv, i live in ny and im a J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS fan

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think the 'hawks/pats is all about the patriots, though. Everywhere you look this week, everyone was saying how the seahawks would be the team to beat new england, and break the streak. I think they may have noticed that during practice...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
pats just batted a pass up in the air and picked it off, ran it back to the 10....

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
pats 7 seahawks 0

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the seahawks had a third and 1....near mid field, get 2 illegal motion penalties....so it's third and 11, throw an interception....they don't have the maturity to win the big games

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
:loudhorn: ~ The Cowboys are going to tear up young Ben and the Steelers today.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
:loudhorn: ~ The Cowboys are going to tear up young Ben and the Steelers today.

We shall see, my friend, but I doubt so.

PA, I was thinking of youu when I made my last post on the sportz jokes thread...

Ben

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
jets are down early to the 49ers

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
pats are up 10-0 and driving again...they are making it look easy against the seahawks...seattle 4 penalties. 2 int;s, 1 sack....not a good first quarter

Ben

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
pats do tend to make things look easy

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
stick a fork in the seachicks....they are done....missed tackle leads to another pat's td....17-0

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I see that the redskins are up 10-0 early...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
in the midst of a season long series of dropped passes today seahawk receiver darryl jackson finally cought one....and was promptly called for taunting.....jr high football

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Detroit over Green Bay. The torch is passed. The division is now yours, Joey Harrington.

Maybe not just yet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join