It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Do Not Need God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If the Christians can preach, then damn it, so can I.

You do not need God, you, and you alone are the sole generator of all of your strength, fear, Love, Hate, achievements, failures and so on. Respect yourself and show respect to others because they are your equals and neither are they lesser than any fictitious being.
You do not need the bribery of Heaven, or the threat of Hell to be a good person, if either of these things is the only reason you do not act like a bad person then you are a shallow individual.
The world you live on is your home, you are not going away from it, you will come back to it when you die and be reborn as another life form upon it. The idea that you will "escape" is a destructive idea that leads to not respecting your surroundings.

I will not kneel.
I will not acknowledge.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thank you, Dany for that very charismatic show of your beliefs.

I will continue to hold my beliefs in The Creator and I will continue to hold my beiefs in the saving grace of the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Now that we have both stated our positions. Let's see if we can't show the world where they go wrong when they can't achieve spiritual/religious tolerance. I accept you...but not your beliefs. That doesn't mean I value you any less.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If he exists I'm sure he'd say he doesn't need you either.

You're right though, I'm sick of these preachy assholes that are popping up lately.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have no problem with that Dany. Do what you feel is right regardless of others beliefs or lack there of.

The thing I'd like to know is why Christian and God seem forever linked to one another?? Why is it that if someone isn't Christian or similar Religion God is no longer a possibility?? Is it not possible for God to extent past "Judeo-Christian" religions?? Is it not possible for God to represent something beyond our comprehention and definitions??

God=Brahman=Buddha=Infinite=All=Everything and so on.....

Or does Christianity have the patent on God somehow??

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
that's like saying you don't need your parents. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I will continue to hold my beliefs in The Creator and I will continue to hold my beiefs in the saving grace of the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Now that we have both stated our positions. Let's see if we can't show the world where they go wrong when they can't achieve spiritual/religious tolerance. I accept you...but not your beliefs. That doesn't mean I value you any less.

Well I'm glad that there is at least one Christian who truly holds to the "judge not" way of life.
I disagree with your beliefs, but as a human being I accept you also.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And guess what, John, for years, now, I've been sick of those who sho up here for one sole reason, and that is to attack the Christian faith.

Never, ever do you see a thread here that deals with religion and conspiracy, but you certainly see plenty of garbage like this: "You do not need God! You have everything within! I will not kneel or acknowledge!!" That's nice, and we are all impressed, but who cares?

I have lost my temper with those to which you refer here at this forum, but the usual run of the mill morons that come in and say this kind of stuff as if it makes a difference is the reason why I walked out of this stupid forum, anyway. As a matter of fact, this forum needs to be turned of from the recent posts listing as the mud pit is. I see the Pit as having more benefit than here, to be honest!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I have no problem with that Dany. Do what you feel is right regardless of others beliefs or lack there of.

The thing I'd like to know is why Christian and God seem forever linked to one another?? Why is it that if someone isn't Christian or similar Religion God is no longer a possibility?? Is it not possible for God to extent past "Judeo-Christian" religions?? Is it not possible for God to represent something beyond our comprehention and definitions??

I respect most Buddhist beliefs, (note, Buddha is not equasive with God) but not many Christian ones, plus the majority of religious posts on this forum involve the Christian religion.
God can equal anything you like, but I personally will never worship any of the representations.
Take the Gaia principle for example.
God in this case is the planet and all living things within it. I would respect this creature, but would not worship it.
Maybe some are true, but I see no need to worship them.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You're always going to get this # with this topic though TC. If someone doesn't believe in God and they hear someone say how much they love God, it' going to be an insult to their intelligence and vice versa. With that kind of insult there is no room for rational discussion, except for people impartial like me. I just live by the "I'll wait and see" vibe, and try and be as good a person as I can. I wont commit myself to anything when there is no proof for either case. We'll see.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
And guess what, John, for years, now, I've been sick of those who sho up here for one sole reason, and that is to attack the Christian faith.

Never, ever do you see a thread here that deals with religion and conspiracy, but you certainly see plenty of garbage like this: "You do not need God! You have everything within! I will not kneel or acknowledge!!" That's nice, and we are all impressed, but who cares?

I have lost my temper with those to which you refer here at this forum, but the usual run of the mill morons that come in and say this kind of stuff as if it makes a difference is the reason why I walked out of this stupid forum, anyway. As a matter of fact, this forum needs to be turned of from the recent posts listing as the mud pit is. I see the Pit as having more benefit than here, to be honest!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
I respect most Buddhist beliefs, (note, Buddha is not equasive with God) but not many Christian ones, plus the majority of religious posts on this forum involve the Christian religion.
God can equal anything you like, but I personally will never worship any of the representations.
God in this case is the planet and all living things within it. I would respect this creature, but would not worship it.

My point exactly. (Note:You're right buddha isn't God but you know where I was headed. It's good to clear that up for those who've never studied buddhims though!)

Worship and God again do not always belong together either but worship is once again a large part of Christian teaching.

Another thing I wouldn't exactly say "God could equal anything..". More like "God equals any and all things". For example:
A tree IS NOT God.
A tree IS OF God.
God IS.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Actually I have posted more than attacks on Christian faith thanks.

Bull#, there are threads on here to do with religion and conspiracy, but seeing as you walked out on the forum ages ago then you wouldn't know would you?
I don't give a # if you're impressed or not, I was stating my beliefs in the same manner as those who preach views that I disagree with do.
I have never once seen anybody post anything along the lines of what I have posted on this forum, but I see plenty of "garbage" like "Praise god, worship god for he is truth" on this forum.

Hey, why don't you just walk back out of the forum if you don't like it? It's not as if your presence makes the blindest bit of difference here.
By the way, I'm sure that as a moderator you're not supposed to go around attacking the people who post on this board, instead, I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be setting the example.

Originally posted by John Nada
You're always going to get this # with this topic though TC. If someone doesn't believe in God and they hear someone say how much they love God, it' going to be an insult to their intelligence and vice versa. With that kind of insult there is no room for rational discussion, except for people impartial like me. I just live by the "I'll wait and see" vibe, and try and be as good a person as I can. I wont commit myself to anything when there is no proof for either case. We'll see.

I'm quite happy to have a rational discussion, I'll post my views, someone who has opposite views post theirs and we discuss without emotions getting heated, the only problem is that some people who post their views on here do not like it when their views are countered. In fact, even when they are faced with evidence that their view is erroneous, they will simply ignore it and avoid the question.
It's hard to have any kind of discussion when somebody does that.
I've posted on numerous threads in this forum various questions about subjects to which it seems that people have either misread or deliberately twisted but gotten no answer.

How am I supposed to react to this?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any

My point exactly. (Note:You're right buddha isn't God but you know where I was headed. It's good to clear that up for those who've never studied buddhims though!)

Worship and God again do not always belong together either but worship is once again a large part of Christian teaching.

Another thing I wouldn't exactly say "God could equal anything..". More like "God equals any and all things". For example:
A tree IS NOT God.
A tree IS OF God.
God IS.

That is perfectly fair and is something I do think about. I cannot write exactly what I think about this right now, my mind is a little elsewhere, I'll try again in a minute.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You're always going to get this # with this topic though TC. If someone doesn't believe in God and they hear someone say how much they love God, it' going to be an insult to their intelligence and vice versa.

John Nada - This is where I get confused. WHY? Why does my love for God make some one else angry? That I don't understand.

I accept that you do not believe as I do, but why is it, if I state my beliefs, it angers people to the point they cannot be civil? When some one speaks against my beliefs it is sometimes hurtful, almost always irritating, and occasionally infuriating...but why is it that **I** can take these emotions and continue to accept the other person - along with the fact that they have chosen to believe/disbelieve in a particular fashion - but the other person cannot do the same for me?

It's weird...disturbing and hurtful.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Very well said.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Here's a good example right here. What difference does it make how Christian's view other religions compared to their own? You have rejected the Christian faith, so it matters not the doctrinal details now. In other words, if the belief system is rejected by you, why even ask the question?

I might point out there are a couple of non-Judeo/Christian belief systems in the world who ALSO believe that they are the only one's who got it right...

Islam comes to mind first.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You're always going to get this # with this topic though TC. If someone doesn't believe in God and they hear someone say how much they love God, it' going to be an insult to their intelligence and vice versa.

John Nada - This is where I get confused. WHY? Why does my love for God make some one else angry? That I don't understand.

I accept that you do not believe as I do, but why is it, if I state my beliefs, it angers people to the point they cannot be civil? When some one speaks against my beliefs it is sometimes hurtful, almost always irritating, and occasionally infuriating...but why is it that **I** can take these emotions and continue to accept the other person - along with the fact that they have chosen to believe/disbelieve in a particular fashion - but the other person cannot do the same for me?

I do agree.
I don't mind if someone can debate with me about certain things in what I believe but to simply get mad at the beliefs is pointless.
What I get mad at is the avoiding/ignoring of questions that believers do not wish to answer.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Negative energy is all that I can feel in this thread...attacking people of faith is total evil. You are persecuting the people of faith with this thread..which is work of Satan and his dominions. Without God..you are nothing..plain and simple. Explain this: Where did you and this world we live in come from then? It is too perfect to be a random occurance...get real...scientists even have proven there is a Creator...a God...and he has worked miracles upon this earth. There is no hope for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Negative energy is all that I can feel in this thread...attacking people of faith is total evil. You are persecuting the people of faith with this thread..which is work of Satan and his dominions. Without God..you are nothing..plain and simple. Explain this: Where did you and this world we live in come from then? It is too perfect to be a random occurance...get real...scientists even have proven there is a Creator...a God...and he has worked miracles upon this earth. There is no hope for you.

THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE!

There is no negativity from me in this thread, only positivity. I believe people are able to function witohut the idea of god in their heads.
I do not know how everything came into creation but there is nothing that says that God created it all outside of the Bibe, so why should I believe that?
I would far rather find out what really happened than believe somebody else's word on the subject.

Edit: Also, can you show me where scientists have proven that there is a creator?

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by �any]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Hey Val,

I personally haven't got a problem with your beliefs, hey each to their own and I honestly hope your beliefs are right.
I was however just trying to explain why this makes the non-religious angry. Let me give you an example for someone who doesn't believe in God:

Imagine everyday people came up to you and preached about how much the Easter Bunny loves you, and that he's going to save your soul. Of course you KNOW that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist but you can't get through to these brain washed people. Years go by and everyday of all them years you hear the same thing "The Easter Bunny loves you, he wants to save your soul".

Wouldn't you go crazy? Wouldn't you get angry? Wouldn't you be insulted?

I know you don't thrust your beliefs on anyone Val, and you certainly don't deserve to be attacked for them, but can you see why people get mad at them? It's the equivalent to them as me saying to you about the Easter Bunny.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Valhall, I'm not trying to speak against Christian teaching, your missing my point, or I've missed pointing it out to you, or both perhaps.

What I'm saying is that people make the mistake of throwing God away just because of their opinion about Christianity. The reason I singled out "Judeo-Christian" is because that is the normal way it goes. Usually people associate God with Christian beliefs ONLY and so if they don't believe Christian Teaching then there is no God. I don't understand why that is the thinking. Can God exist just as easy without any Religion having ownership?? Does that make more sense??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join