It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Do Not Need God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In order to find your proof requires prayer.If you truly want confirmation then he will make his presence known.It is something you can't put in words but you know it when it happens.I have never and will never shove God down anyones throat.This is a waste of time and only serves to further push someone away from God.A true Christian lives by example.Sooner or later people will notice the peace in your life and you may never even notice that they have been watching you.I know this because I have witnessed it over and over again.I am one of those who noticed someone living this way and it has changed my life for the better.So if you don't need God then fine,no one can force you to believe and all I am required to do is let you know that there is a better life for you,and salvation,if you ever want it.Peace to you.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You may be required to do that, but don't you think it's slightly offensive to me that you consider your life better than mine because you need god?
I do, but I'll let it slide.
I will never pray because I don't believe, I've never been one to put faith in something that is intangible.
I don't believe your god is the source of all Love and good things, I'd rather believe that it's more individual than that. People choose how they act in this world, I refuse your god yet I'm full of Love and caring.
I choose to live without your god and yet I still have good things.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have the same "peace" you've found through god, only mine is in knowing that I'm part of the universe. To you, it may be a more generic form of feeling one with everything. You're assumption that your life is better than anyone's who doesn't pray, is pure arrogance. I've known some very pathetic people who pray. Not everyone who prays has a good and/or peaceful life. Some are miserable and desperate people who haven't the strength to make their lives what they want it to be. The most religious people I've ever met are those who have mentally buckled after some type of traumatic experience. Type two would be those who are raised that way from birth.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Satyr I am in no way arrogant and I think you may be arrogant for saying that.I am not speaking of this life being better,but the eternal life.If you believe you have found your harmony and peace then great,more power to you.But you have no right to say I am bring arrogant when you speak down to a group of people(Christians) and assume that we are all the same.Not all people who profess to be Christian are and in fact are very confused people who try to belittle others to make themselves feel better.Much like you are doing now.So from here out lets try and be civilized in our debat and refrain from assumptions about each other,because you know no more about me than I about you.Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Dany,

my buddy,

I may have to have someone pass on this question as I know you ignore those that you are not up to dismissing.

So tell me this:

What is the value of but one life?

answer honestly.

then I will tell you why I asked.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
...and all I am required to do is let you know that there is a better life for you,and salvation,if you ever want it.

A better life? And this isn't arrogant to you? I don't recall ever telling any Xians that their lives would be better without god. I merely don't believe there is one, and I'm tired of Xians telling me that my life would be better with god.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You don't need water if you want to die, but you do if you want to live.
You don't need food if you want to die, but you do if you want to live.
You don't need air if you want to die, but you do if you want to live.
You don't need GOD if you want to die, but you do if you want to live eternally.

To be eternal you must become eternal and the only path to doing that is through acknowledgement and then belief (action) in the infinite: GOD.

Be careful what you wish for, for you WILL get it.
If you desire death and dissolution, that is your GOD-given right to choose it. GOD loves you so much that he gives YOU the choice. Just remember that at even the darkest hour and last minute, you CAN turn around and embrace GOD for GOD is always right behind you waiting patiently. I am thankful, so thankful for that.

Regardless of what I believe and know to be true in my heart, I respect non-believers choice to follow the path of the self and I know that only THEY can choose where they will be at the end of the age. I pray that they (YOU) choose the path of unity.

Through Peace and Love,

+Jammer

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
You don't need GOD if you want to die, but you do if you want to live eternally.

To be eternal you must become eternal and the only path to doing that is through acknowledgement and then belief (action) in the infinite: GOD.

If you desire death and dissolution, that is your GOD-given right to choose it. GOD loves you so much that he gives YOU the choice. Just remember that at even the darkest hour and last minute, you CAN turn around and embrace GOD for GOD is always right behind you waiting patiently. I am thankful, so thankful for that.

Regardless of what I believe and know to be true in my heart, I respect non-believers choice to follow the path of the self and I know that only THEY can choose where they will be at the end of the age. I pray that they (YOU) choose the path of unity.

Through Peace and Love,

+Jammer

Mmmmmmmmmm....smoke flavored goodness!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm so totally bored of this thread now.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Dany,

no man you are boring. I though people went with Satan for the excitement, you can't even get your pulse up.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by jammerman

Through Peace and Love,

+Jammer

Mmmmmmmmmm....smoke flavored goodness!

Ah, the SPAM KING himself accuses someone of liking spam?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If that's not spam, it's surely the most repetitive religious rhetoric BS anyone has seen. It's the same tired, old, brainwashed, preprogrammed crap that speweth forth from the mouths of many xians', anxious to absorb more spam.
I pray that these people come to their senses, or otherwise leave me alone. Please God! Protect me from your followers!

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join