It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Bill Parcells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How long do you think it will take Bill Parcells to return the Cowboys to the playoffs? I think this year they will struggle and they still need a quarterback but I would be willing to bet he gets them in the playoffs the following year.

The "Tuna" is a proven winner every where he has coached and maybe he can bring some discipline to the Boyz who seem to make the news before the playoffs anymore. He wont put up with some of those problem players they seem to have recently.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He's deffinately the kind of coach the Cowboyz need. No nonsense.

But will the spoiled millionairre children of the Cowboyz tollerate tuna-styled coaching? Or will he need to rebuild and slash-and-burn.

Go Giants!

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Cowboys wont be that much better this season only a couple of wins, but the Giants have a chance to win it all, with the additon of leavens, that means that Dayne will finally be gone, and that means a better backfeild. Shockey had a breakout season last year, and iam looking forward to what he is going to do this season. The Giants will be a much better team this season, and will probably be the better New York Team.

Iam looking forward to seeing what the Lions can do, they can have a great draft and Harrington will have a great season and lead them to the playoffs.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Giants do look good this year. I hope Brian Mitchell returns the first punt he sees from the Eagles for a touchdown, he is a big pick-up. I hope Parcells can get the Cowboys back on their feet and restore the rivalry some between them and the Giants. Cant wait to see how they welcome the Tuna back to the Meadowlands.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised Parcells hasn't been a little more active yet in the off season, I thought he would come in and start signing free agents and releasing players. He did say he wasn't going to be as involved with player decisions as he has in the past, but I dont think that will last song. Jerry Jones trusts his football knowledge and should let Parcells do what he wants to get the Boyz back in the hunt.

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i would have to agree with you on that one PA, i thought that Parcells was going to go out there and get some top name in the free agenticy. But i guess i was wrong. Jerry Jones has always wanted to be in what the coaches do, and i dont think that will ever stop, so Bill might just have to live with that, there are still a couple of good free agents out there and we should see if the Cowboys take them, they have a good solid team, and all they need is a good coach. Plus Bill is noted for his draft day work. It should be interesting to see what the Cowboys do.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Great point Ben, Parcells is very good on draft day because he is so good at evaluating talent, much like Jimmy Johnson. The Cowboys have the #5 pick in the draft, alot of the experts have them taking CB Terence Newman from Kansas City. I would like to see him trade up to #1 for Palmer, Dallas needs a QB, but I highly doubt that will happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think Parcells is a great coach.But I'm not sure how well he will mesh with Jones.
I would hope Jerry has enough to let Parcells coach his own game and not interfere.
It should be fun to watch though.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i hate to say it but he is just coch it how the players play and how the coch coches dont you see that

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sportsmaster
i hate to say it but he is just coch it how the players play and how the coch coches dont you see that

I disagree, the coach is very involved in the game, especially in the NFL. In my opinion, games have been won and lost by coaches outcoaching the other.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just wanted to say the I agree. I think Dallas will go all the way next year! Why couldn't The Jets take him back.

Ben

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
well two thing I don't think the Cowboys will go all the way they will make the playoffs though. The Jets didn't take him back cause they have a really good head coach in Edwards. And he has done a really good job with the Jets.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Parcell's Charm

Most NFL coaches couldn't get away with what Bill Parcells does without inciting a mutiny. Yet Parcells, now in Dallas, has refused to back away from a drill sergeant's persona that worked with both New York teams and the New England Patriots.

In an attempt to revive the Cowboys, for example, Parcells has forbidden rookies to wear a helmet with the team's blue star logo, explaining they "haven't done anything yet. They have to earn it and will get the star when we play an exhibition game."

First-round pick Terence Newman, a cornerback from Kansas State, is already learning a lesson of humility under Parcells. Despite signing a $10.5 million signing bonus, Newman was ordered to fetch the 61-year-old coach water during minicamp breaks. Newman said he didn't mind.

Another Parcells rule: When a player is confused about a play, the entire unit is ordered to run to a far fence and back.

"That's the way I do things," Parcells said. "It's nothing new. The point of it is they need to pay attention and know what's going on."

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yeah, the 'Boys are back in town. But, more significantly, Bill Parcells is back again in the NFL. And for a Cowboys team that has taken symmetry to a disastrous extreme, with three consecutive finishes of 5-11, that means everyone, yeah, even Darren Woodson, is subject to scrutiny by a coach with few preconceived notions and even fewer loyalties to the charges now under his stewardship.

So in the latest incarnation of The Tuna, with the strange marriage of convenience that has brought together Parcells and hands-on owner Jerry Jones, will the talent-challenged Cowboys actually be star-kissed or star-crossed in 2003?

It's way too early to answer that question, although, with what appears to be a lack of playmakers, the initial assessment is that progress will come in incremental steps. But this much is certain: Dallas will be among the league's best-coached teams and Parcells will conjure up a way to nudge the once imperious franchise back toward respectability.

"He makes you, whether it's out of fear or respect or whatever, want to please him. You don't ever want to let your guard down in front of him." �WR Joey Galloway, on coach Parcells.

espn.go.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's a nice stat if I heard it correctly last night:

After last night's win Bill Parcell's teams are an amazing 50 and 0 when leading by 12 or more points going into the 4th Quarter!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well with Cleveland eliminating Cincinnati today from the playoff picture, and the Cowboys already in the playoffs I think Bill Parcells should get Coach of the Year over Marvin Lewis.

TRD

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well they got beat today by NO 13-7 i know it didn't really matter but its still a loss..

Parcells coach of the year LMAO the cowboys will get knocked out first stage of the playoffs they are facing the big boys now..

Ben

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Bill will have his team prepared...he has during the season...he will have his children under control and pumped up

new topics

top topics

join