It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Girls playing hockey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Alright..now tell the truth...im a girl...hockey is mah fav sport..........do u think that it is weird...many people hate me for that ..but hey..just give me your opinion...

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think its great to be honest, there isn't enough girls interested in sport. Although in the last few years there seems to be more than ever. I don't watch hockey all the time but its a great sport.

I go to Football/Soccer matches alot here in the UK and i have noticed more and more girls going to the games.

Even when i venture in the bar afterwards for a beer, they are in their talking about the game. Now that was always a man thing lol!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
yip its good that you like a sport.

and yip TRD, you are soo right hehe. on here also, there has been alot more female members joining up of as late.

and at sporting level, look at arsenal and fulhams ladies team, they are really good. and i think at fulham they where coached by baresi? i think

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Isn't women's hockey now an Olympic event?

Ben

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok dont hate me for saying this, but can girls play all the sports that guys play?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
do you mean as a proffieonal level? or just can they?

imagine woman doing Formula 1 Racing, going at speeds of 50mph lol

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Isn't women's hockey now an Olympic event?

Yes, women's hockey was introduced as an Olympic sport in 1998 when the USA took the gold beating Canada 3-1 in the title game. Cami Granato was one of the US's best players.

There's nothing wrong at all with a girl that's into hockey. I cant see how anyone couldn't like the sport, it's so fast and intense. I wish the NHL could get their crap together.

TRD

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Ok dont hate me for saying this, but can girls play all the sports that guys play?

Most sports i think Ben, we have womens Rugby, Cricket teams over here..

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Originally posted by Ben

Most sports i think Ben, we have womens Rugby, Cricket teams over here..

soccer/football.

tennis is mega big too for females

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i believe there was a woman formula 1 driver a few years ago, she was never real succesful though, i will see what i can find

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i can't find anything on her but i believe the woman formula 1 driver was named leila lombardi, there is also sarah fischer in the irl, who i believe has a nascar ride lined up for this year, although she has not impressed me with her driving she should provide lots of entertaining crashes....then there was lynn st james who was a pretty decent indy car driver, in drag racing i believe there are a few women driving the quarter mile circuit

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

I don't see why not. They can compete, the same as we do. Of course, in most sports, it should remain seperate but equal, as men are biologically bigger and stronger, on average.

We should have a retrospective on major accomplishments by women in sports, to make up for all the babe pics found here, so wedon't look too sexist.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
WOW i cant belive that u said that, belive it or not, i used to play football..and thats a "guys" sport, I whould die for hockey! and in my opinon moer girls should play...its an awesome sport to get into

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
do you like any other sports Tayprinceluva22?

i aint sure what its like over in the states in terms of sport? do you feel there is a feeling of you are a girl, you cant do a sport? not saying its true.

is that the coaches opinions sometimes?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
do you like any other sports Tayprinceluva22?

i aint sure what its like over in the states in terms of sport? do you feel there is a feeling of you are a girl, you cant do a sport? not saying its true.

is that the coaches opinions sometimes?
Sports are my life, besides god, yea i love, tennis, track
, basketball, hockey, football, cross country, soccer, skiing, and gymnastics, hey im a busy girl. And i think that coaches shouldnt take just boys for teams, i tried out for a boys hockey team , i was the only girl that made the whole team! and come on, everyone should have the equal right

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
woah! that sure is alot of sports you like, and its good you like sport. if you like it its good hehe.

and well done on making the hockey team.

sports have been pretty much male dominated over the last long ammount of years, but it seems to be changing.

you should post a hello in the intro thread

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
that might be alot of sports, but what can i say, i have my whole life still in front of me, i am only 13, and havent made many descions yet. But yea male sports have been dominating, and i pray ( play ) that that changes...SOON!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There has been an upswing in women's sports over the past 20 years or so, it keeps on gaining momentum.

Who are your inspirations to play all these sports?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well for basketball its tayshaun, and for like all the other ones, well my mom died about 3 months ago, and my dad aint doing good, so just thinking of that makes me try 110%

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hayley Wickenheiser plays in the Finnish Elite league, I believe. Not the top player but she's not about to be bounced. As for the NHL I believe Mannon Rheheom (sp) played a few games in goal for the Lightning about a decade ago. If the girls can compete, I don't have a problem with it. Besides we always have:

Team Canada

:party-smiley-018:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join