It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Philadelphia Flyers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i would like to see hasek goto Phili, could help them out.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Antero Niittymaki made his first start with the flyers and it was a big one leading them with 19 saves, as the flyers beat the Caps 5-1.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
According to ESPN news the flyers have acquired Phenoix goalie Sean Burke.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well, the Flyers made two trades today and I cant say I'm overly excited about them, actually I cant make any sense of the Weinrich deal.

The Flyers traded Eric Weinrich to St Louis for a 5th round pick. The Flyers are thin at defense because of injuries right now, in fact we had to give up Justin Williams for defenseman Danny Markov. Now they trade a solid veteran defenseman for a draft pick???
Hello, Earth to Bobby Clarke!!

In a move that made more sense because of the recent goaltending troubles, the Flyers traded center Mike Comrie to the Phoenix Coyotes for goalie Sean Burke, RW Branko Radivojevic, and the rights to left wing Ben Eager, an unsigned minor-leaguer who was picked 23rd overall in the 2002 draft. Burke should provide solid goaltending, I just hope he can get hot come playoff time.

And Jeff Hackett retired today because of his vertigo.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Flyers won a huge Atlantic Division battle tonight beating the New Jersey Devils 4-1 with rookie Anterro Nittymaki winning his third straight game since being called up from the AHL affiliate Phantoms.

Huge win, the Flyers needed to make a statement and they did just that.

Ben

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
what role will the rookie play down the strech?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
what role will the rookie play down the strech?

He will be backing up newly acquired Sean Burke until Robert Esche returns, then Nittymaki will return to the Phantoms. He has played well and has tons of potential, but he's still young and needs more work.

Ben

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i wouidl like to think that he will be on a close call just in case one of their goalies gets injuried, he has played amazing and i owuld like to think he will be on the team next season.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just finished watching the Flyers - Rangers game, the Flyers won 2-1 in Sean Burke's debut but lost two All-Stars in the span of 42 seconds.

Jeremy Roenick got hit in the face by a one-timer and dropped to the ice, a pool of blood on the ice. They took him to the hospital and early reports are that he suffered a shattered jaw. JR is going to be missed big time, I hope he's not out too long.

Keith Primeau collided at center ice with Bobby Holik, neither of them were looking. He was helped off the ice by the trainers, looked like he was favoring his knee.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ouch that hurts to be the flyers, how long are they ogne for?

Congrats to burke on winning his first game as a flyer, but its not htat hard to beat the rangers.

Ben

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hey PA it doenst look good for JR does it he is out indefinatly. Thats gotta suck.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Hey PA it doenst look good for JR does it he is out indefinatly. Thats gotta suck.

He's been listed as out to 4-6 weeks with a shattered jaw but also suffered a concussion. He was at the game this afternoon with his jaw wired shut but he actually did an interview between periods. He said how classy the fans at Madison Square Garden were when they stood and cheered as he was carried off the ice. He also said Rangers center Bobby holik visited him in the hospital and GM/coach Glen Sather called to offer him his sympathy. Classy move by the Broadway Blueshirts.

The Flyers completed a home at home sweep of the Rangers today, beating them 6-2 in Philadelphia. There were about 5 fights and loads of penalty minutes in this game, awesome matchup! Keith Primeau also missed the game and Jaromir Jagr was out with a sore groin.

Go Flyers!!!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Flyers have been playing well, who is going to replace JR. He is a class act as well. Rangers did a nice move with there actinos. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Flyers have been playing well, who is going to replace JR.

Well two weeks ago the Flyers were really deep at the center position but since then JR has been hurt, Keith Primeau got hurt, and Mike Comrie got traded. They recalled Boyd Kane from their AHL team Phantoms.

Hopefully JR will be ready to go by the playoffs.

The Flyers share the NHL lead in points with 78 with Colorado.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wonder if they are regreting trading away Cromrie

[Edited on 2/15/2004 by godfather602]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
JR is considering retirement. I was very disappointed to hear this, but this is his ninth concussion of his career, he has to be concerned with his own health. This also isn't the first time his jaw has been wired shut, his jaw got broke a few years ago when he was with Phoenix on a hit by Derian Hatcher.

Knowing JR, he'll be back on the ice ASAP. I was a bit shocked to hear that retirement was an option for JR, but I cant blame him. He is going to see a neurologist in Canada to determine the extent of his concussions and help him make a decision.

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
why would he even thing that?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
why would he even thing that?

Because after 9 concussions, you need to think about your life after hockey. It cant be good to keep getting your bell rung, he has to concern himself with the possible long-term effects of multiple concussions. As much as I;'d hate to see him walk away and hang up the skates, i wouldn't want him to jeopardize his long term health.

Like I said though, knowing JR's mentality he will be back. He isn't the biggest guy but has a heart the size of a horse and plays with courage, aggressiveness, and intensity. He is an asset tot he NHL and i hope he returns.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Disappointing loss tonight to the San Jose Sharks, 5-2. I guess nyeff is happy.

The Flyers need some guys to step up with the injuries to JR and Primeau.

Ben

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Has JR given any more thought about retirement?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join