It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Philadelphia Flyers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Flyers are off to a great start this season, they have only 3 regulation losses and one OT loss. They also went undefeated for the month of November. They lead the NHL with 42 points and are yet to lose at home 30 games into the season, damn impressive.

I had tonight and tomorrow night circled on my calendar since way back when the NHL schedule was released. Tonight the Flyers play the Devils in the Meadowlands and tomorrow night they come here to Philly and play in our house. Should be a great measuring stick for both teams, its going to be 2 tough, physical games.

GO FLYERS !!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well Game 1 they tied 3-3 in a very exciting game in NJ.

Game 2 went to the Devils 2-0.

The Flyers still have the best record in the NHL, they still cant seem to beat NJ or Ottawa though. They're going to have to figure that out before playoff time rolls around.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oilers deal Comrie to Flyers!!!!

The Philadelphia Flyers announced Tuesday that they have acquired the rights to the restricted free agent center from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for defenseman Jeff Woywitka, a first round pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and a third round pick in the 2005 draft.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Philadelphia Flyers traded right wing Eric Chouinard to the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday for a 2004 fifth-round draft pick.

The deal came a day after the Flyers acquired the rights to center Mike Comrie from the Edmonton Oilers.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Add Mike Comrie to our list of all star forwards, this deal makes the Flyers the deepest team in the NHL hands down.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Flyers just signed Comrie to a one-year deal. If I were the Flyers I wouldnt even give him a jersey, I'd send him somewhere to get a goalie. No offense to Comrie, he's a great player but simply put......Hackett SUCKS!!

Another poor performance by Hackett tonight allowing 4 goals to the Thrashers, as good as this Flyers team is they are going nowhere with the goaltending they are getting right now.

Ben

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Flyers are having a good season thus far, but they always have good seasons until the playoffs

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the flyers got crushed by the sabres but are able to stay in first place with 55 points and have a record of 20-10

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The Flyers just completed a home-at-home series from the Toronto Maple Leafs, tying them with the Leafs for the top spot in the Eastern Conference. They won 4-1 last night in Philly and shut them out tonight 4-0 in their own house. Handzus had 2 goals and Roenick scored after being suspended last night for his outburst in Buffalo.

#97 Jeremy Roenick

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that even though the Flyers spanked the Leafs tonight, they lost defenseman Eric Desjardins for 6 weeks with a broken forearm. Jeremy Roenick had Mats Sundin lined up for a nasty check along the boards when Sundin moved at the last second and Desjardin's arm was the recipient of the check.

This is a big loss to the Flyers defense, good thing is he should be plenty healthy come playoff time. Desjardins is a solid player and he will be hard to replace while he's out. They will probably call up Jimmy Vandermeer from their AHL affiliate, the Philadelphia Phantoms.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
is desjardins replacement any good?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sportsmaster
is desjardins replacement any good?

Well unfortunately they lost four defensemen to injury in the span of a week. They lost Desjardins, Marcus Ragnarsson, Jimmy Vandermeer, and Dennis Seidenberg. GM Bobby Clarke pulled off a couple deals for defensemen to help till their healthy. The Flyers traded one of my favorite players, Justin Williams
, to the Carolina Hurricanes for big defenseman Danny Markov and then Clarke traded a #7 draft pick to the NY Islanders for defenseman Matthias Timander.

The Flyers still have Chris Therien, Eric Weinrich, Kim Johnsson, and rookie stud Joni Pitkanen at defense plus Markov and Timander, they're ok.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i bet they will be hurting with those 4 defensemen out, but they did pull out a win last night over the sabres 2-1.

You think they will do any good without them in the line-up?

Ben

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
another blow to the flyers as tony amounte is out indefinatly

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
another blow to the flyers as tony amounte is out indefinatly

Yeah, that hurts. The Flyers have hit a major injury bug the past 2 weeks, hope everyone can get healthy for the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
how are the fylers holding up?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
how are the fylers holding up?

They're looking good! The Flyers are on a 6 game unbeaten streak after winning in Pittsburgh this afternoon 4-3. Goalie Robert Esche gave up a couple weak goals, they really need to address the goaltending situation before the trade deadline. There are rumors that the Flyers are interested in either Washington's Olaf Kolzig or Tampa Bay's Nikolai Khabibulin.

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
couldn't they also goto detriot and see if they are interested in a trade for Hasek or Cujo?

Who are the flyers goalies as of now?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Who are the flyers goalies as of now?

They have Jeff Hackett who is out right now with vertigo and Robert Esche who is a really good back-up but not going to win you a Cup.

Khabibulin is in the doghouse right now in Tampa and his backup John Grahme is playing well, but they're a playoff team so they might need both. Washington is out of a playoff spot right now so they might be looking to dump a big salry like Kolzig's. As for Detroit, no one wants Hasek because he cant seem to stay healthy and the Red Wings dont want to part with CuJo for the same exact reason, if Hasek's groin flares up again they're gonna need CuJo.

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
With Detriot i think they are going to dump either Hasek or Cujo, just look how legacy is playing, and he is very young and bound to get better. Hasek and Cujo have some money towards them and Detriot sure could use a young skater in their lineup.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join