It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Wild vs. Canucks - Round 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I still cannot believe that the Minnesota Wild beat Colorado after being down 3 games to 1 in that series! The Wild played sound hockey and held some pretty good players in check. Vancouver was also down 3 games to 1 in their series with St Louis so these are two teams on a roll and with alot of momentum. Naslund and Bertuzzi have continued to be a force in the playoffs just like they were all season. I like the Canucks in 6.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would absolutely love to see the wild beat vancouver but there is really no chance of that happening....hopefully manny fernandez can play the best series of his life

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Iam going with the wild in 7 in this series. I think the same thing is going to happen Vancouver is going to get a lead and then the Wild are goign to come back and win the series. The Wild are one of the best teams when they capture a lead in a game they can keep it. Manny has to be playing very welll for them ro stay in this series. If they can beat the Avs they can beat just about anybody.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hope the Wild can get past the Canucks.
I like the Wilds work ethic on the ice.They never give up.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So far these hockey playoffs have been amazing! This was a good game and I thought the Wild had it wrapped up til Vancouver's Matt Cooke scored with one second left to force OT. Then Vancouver scored to win it in OT, I was rooting for the Wild but it was a great game.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I was hoping that the Wild could hold on, but with the hockey games lately it seems that anything is possible. And last night showed that. Wild played a solid game but they let this game slip away also they made some bad mistakes and it cost them.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i'm rooting for the canucks in this series - but a wild vs. ducks western finals would be pretty funny.....i still say nucks' in 5

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wild vs. ducks would be one of the greatest moments in hockey history haha

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The Wild look like they can pull this series out they are very determined. The past two games the wild have had a lead going into the Third period and going into the closing minutes. The Wild right now are dominating the games, and the Canuaks are having problems with the Wild, this series is looking very pyshical so far. Ducks vs. Wild it can happen.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Vancouver moved ahead in this series with a very solid game and physical game, a fight broke out 7 seconds into the game and that set the tone, most of the Canuacks goals came with screens in front of the net, and the Wild defense couldnt move them out of the way. This series is starting to shape up very nicely and should be good hockey.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That was a pretty good fight to start the game, no one was surprised as the last game ended pretty nasty. These two teams have really gone at it the first three games, now the 'Nucks are up 2 games to 1. I wouldn't count the Wild out though, if they can beat the Avs three in a row. I think Minnesota will win game 4 to tie the series heading back to Vancouver.

Ben

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I saw the highlights of this game this morning on sportscenter looked like a very good game. To bad that the Wild couldnt win but they are now down 3 games to 1. Like last series i wouldnt count out the wild they beat the Avs 3 straight and they are capable of doing it again.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder if they can do it again. It takes alot to come back from being down 3-1, but if they did it against the Avs, they can do it against the Canucks. I would love to see Anaheim and Minnesota in the Western conference final.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would love to see the Wild pull it off,but I don't think its its going to happen.

I really don't like the Canucks,and don't want them to even get a sniff of the finals.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I guess the Wild weren't ready to call it a season, they beat the "Nucks 7-2 tonight to make it 3 games to 2 for Vancouver. Gaborik had another strong game but he left with an elbow injury, they'll need him if they're going to win the next two.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Like you said PA, the Wild are still showing great determination. They will now think a lot better of their postion going back home to try to level this series. They are a very good home-ice hockey team. And I think that they should be able to tie this series up, don't know if they can acutally win it though.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Does this team ever quit? They were down 3 games to 1 against a very good Colorado team and came back to win the series. This series they were also down 3 games to 1 against Vancouver and tonight they won game 6 to send this series into a seventh game.

Ya gotta root for the Wild!!

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You definatly have to root for the Wild, they are about to make history. If the Wild win game 7 tonight, they will be the first team ever to come back from 3 games to 1, twice in the same playoffs. How they are doing this I have no clue. It seems like they play better with their backs agaisnt the wall. I hope that the Wild win, and then we get to see the matchup that we all wanted the Ducks and the Wild.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Maybe they will pull it off.I hope they do.I really thought the Canucks were going to win last night.
Go Wild go.....
If the Wild winwho is everyone going to root for?Ducks or Wild.
My pick would be the Wild.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by nyeff]

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well before we go talking about the Wild and the Ducks, we have to hope that the Wild can win another one. This is going to be a hard fought contest as both teams are going to want to advance to the next round. It is a matter of who wants it more than the other team. And who is willing to step it up and be a star.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join