It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: New York Rangers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was starting to get exicted for Jagr to be in NY, there was a lot of talk of that happeneing last year but it never went through and i was pumped cause the rangers had a chance to turn around. BUt last night just plan old made me sick.

Ben

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This should put a little better feeling in your stomach.

Jagr had a 3 point night in the rangers win over teh Panthers. 5-2. Jagr made his home debut and a pretty good one.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
even though jagr can score they will still suck on the defensive side and thats how they will always lose.

Ben

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well rangers president Dolan said that Sather will stay as the head coach of the Rangers and Dolan likes how Sather is running the team.

The rangers face the caps tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Rangers lost to the Caps and Lindros is knocked out with another concussion. This would be his 8th since turning pro, when is enough enough? I think he should hang up his skates before he suffers some kind of long term symptoms from this, it cant be healthy to suffer 8 concussions.

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
tea true, how do you think he wil retire?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Everybody in the organization needs to go. President, GM, Coach, Assistants.

The coach is working with an all-star team. All-star teams are only good at offense. And it shows.

The owner needs to fire everybody and start fresh. Try to get rid of some of the higherpaid middle ground players to playoff teams. Get young kids. Where is all the new Ranger blood?

At some point in time one just has to throw in the towel and start from scratch. I believe the Rangers are at that point.

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
well if they fire all the coaches and such, who will replace them?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Pretty suere there are some foreign coaches or some college coaches that could do a little better.

On a bright note for the Rangers, on the 23rd they picked up Jamie Pusher from the Blue Jackets. A little help on the defensive side of the puck. Not sure when his first game was/is though.

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
could he actually help this stuggling team?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, having someone else that knows how to play defense.... Can't hurt.

He has only played 10 games this year. -2 for Columbus, -4 for the Rangers. 7/3 split. In those 7 games, the Jackets tied 1, lost 6. In 3 games with the Rangers, they were 2-1.

Go figure. I will take time for him and his teammates to get comfortable with one another. He will be more of a benefit next year.

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
you would think that by now the rangers would have traded for some big players on the defensive side, im sure taht just about any team will take some scorers who are all-stars

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i would like it if they goto detriot and be like we want hasek who do you want. Wait that is what they need to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ny loses last night as Richter retires from the game. To bad for the rangers

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In a little defense for the Rangers, they did go up against a rejuvinated Wild team. Not sure what Jaques said to them, but they blew St Louis outta the water the other night.

I like Jagr's comment. They brought me in to score. I do not know how we lost that game.

I know. You don't know jack about defense. That is why you lose games. Why did the Mighty Ducks play for the Stanley Cup last year? Defense (and a great goalie). Why did the Devils win the cup last year? Defense (and a great goalie).

What do the Rangers have? A really good goalie, and 12 forwards who know squat about playing defense.

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well Jagr has been scoring goals. And they do have no defense so waht does that equal= NO PLAYOFFS

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like Lindros is undecided on whether or not he will return to hockey. He certainly wants to play hockey, but won't if the doctors tell him not too.

Rangers' Lindros uncertain about future.

It would be too bad. I hate concussions, they ruin the career of too many a player. Especially the greatest American born goalie of all time, Mike Richter.

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
he was honered very well last night at the garden where they retired his number and gave him a silver net.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
www.rototimes.com...

New York Rangers president and general manager Glen Sather is stepping down as the team's head coach, according to a published report.

The New York Post is reporting that Sather came to the decision after a meeting Tuesday with Madison Square Garden CEO Jim Dolan.

Sather will remain president and GM but the coaching duties will most likely be assumed by assistants Tom Renney or Terry O'Reilly. There is also the possibility that Jim Schoenfeld, currently the bench boss for the Hartford Wolfpack, the Rangers' American Hockey League affiliate, will be asked to take over behind the bench.

Sather came to New York with an impressive resume, but his tenure with the Rangers has been shaky at best. The team has not made the playoffs in any of the four years since Sather became the GM, and is on the verge of failing to qualify for the postseason for the seventh straight season. Over the past few weeks Rangers fans have showered the team executive with incessant "Fire Sather" chants.

The Rangers are currently in 12th place in the Eastern Conference with a 22-29-7-4 record, placing them 14 points behind the Islanders for the eighth and final playoff berth.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
its about time he left as head coach.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join