It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Anaheim Mighty Ducks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If there is anything that you want to post about the Ducks, talk about it here:

How far will they go in the playoffs they play the Wings in the first round, and the Wings are the favorites so iam guessing they will be out in the first round.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Ducks had a much better season than I expected. Paul Kariya had his typically good season and he had alot of help with the additions of Petr Sykora and Adam Oates, and I think the biggetst surprise was the clutch play from their netminder JS Giguere. I think they are good and playing well, but I dont think they have the talent or depth to beat the Red WIngs, my pick: Detroit in 6.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What a game, Anaheim in the third overtime! That was a great game, Giguere was awesome in net, he had 63 saves! Paul Kariya made a nice play to score the game winner. I thought the game was over in the first overtime when Robitaille hit the post, but the goal lamp went on, but they disallowed it after watching the replay. Great playoff hockey!

Ben

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
That was a great game, woah i dont think that anybody expected Giguere to do this well in the net. 63 saves now thats unheard of. Paul Kariya made a great goal to win the game. I thought that this game was all Detriot in the overtime, they outplayed the Ducks, The Wings got to all the lose pucks, but somehow the Ducks pulled it off, Giguere kept them in this game and if it wasnt for him they wouldnt have won this game. Solid effort. This game had everything you could ask for, iam looking forward to the Ducks playing at home, maybe you will hear the crowd start to chant QUACK!! QUACK!!!.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ive been to a couple of ducks games and the only ones who make quack noises are the little annoying kids whose parents buy them those damn duck noise makers!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow, Game 2 just ended with the Ducks winning 3-2! I cant believe how well Anaheim is playing, they head home up 2 games to 0, you have to give alot of credit to Giguere again, made some great saves. He also got helped by the net, the Wings hit the post a few times. They really have Detroit's back against the wall now, their fans will be pumped up for the next game.

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The Ducks are playing some of their best hockey at the right time. I didnt expect the Ducks to play this well agaisnt the Red Wings. WOAH!!!!!!! I thought during that game that the Red Wings had that game in the book. They were playing well moving the puck around, and finally they were able to score. But the Wings collasped in the third. Cujo allowed in a couple of easy goals which cost them the game.
The Wings need to rebound or their season is done for, but the Ducks are playing very solid, and they are going home, and this should be very interesting to see what happened, the fans are going to be pumped up.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i think that the ducks are showing everyone in hockey right now that position in the regular season doesn't mean you'll win and that just cause you won the cup last year doesn't mean you're just as good this year. The ducks have had a good season, and have played some pretty good hockey - but remember that detroit was down 2 games to 0 last year against vancouver and went on to sweep the next four games and win the cup...so anything can happen

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I remember that last year, Detroit is a dangerous team and shouldn't be counted out just yet, but it's unbelievable how hungry the Ducks look, the way that they are playing right now. Steve Thomas has come up huge for them, I'm sure the Ducks know what Detroit did to Vancouver last year and hopefully come out playing tough at home, the fans should help too.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If the Ducks are going to come away with this series they have to continue to do what they have been doing and that is playing solid defense and having their goalie come through big. Giguere has been playing very well and if he continues to play like he has been the Ducks just might be able to sweep agaisnt the Wings. The Wings looked very determined the last game, but lost it on a couple of bad goals by Cujo. Cujo really needs to step up in order for the Wings to come through.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i feel kinda bad for cujo - the shoes he has to fill are enormous and i wouldn't be surprised if the pressure of this is what screws up his game

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cujo has been messing up as of late. He has been letting in some very easy goals. And it has cost the Wings 2 games so far we shall see if it costs them some more.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am really surprised that Anaheim is up 3 games to none over Detroit. Anaheim is a good team, but not many people gave them a chance in this series and they are playing huge, their goalie Giguere has been their MVP this series, probably all season. I dont see Detroit coming back and winning four, but you never know.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
it's not only Giguere, the whole ducks tteam has been playing really well

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The whole ducks team has been playing very well, but if Giguere wasnt stopping shots on his head, who knows where the series would be.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
obviously - playoff games normlly come down to the goalie

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I HATE THE DUCKS.....My Poor Embarassed wings

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Osobad, its not so bad, you guys have won your share of cups in the last few years. The Wings still have a good team, it was nice of them to let someone else win this year. The Ducks played a great series and really deserved to win. Now they get a nice rest till the next round while they wait and see who they'll play.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the ducks played a great series and Giguere really saved them. The wings shouldn't be embarrassed, they went down with a battle, and the played well - two of the games were decided by OT. but anyways, there's always next year for the wings - that is if they don't lose all their stars this summer....
GO DUCKS!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Ducks take on Dallas in the second round of the playoffs, who do you think will win? I think it will be a close series, especially with two great goalies. I think Dallas is a better team, but Anaheim is playing very well and will be rested after their sweep. Stars in 7.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join