It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Dodger's Clench

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes... the dodger's have won the NL west for the first time since 1995. They beat my Giants 7-3 after Hermanson loaded the bases which eventually led to a Walk-off grand Slam by Steve Finley. Now my Giants will ber looking for an Astro's loss tonight that will give them one more shot at the wild-card on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh my goodness! I haven't felt that good after a Baseball game since Game 1 in 1988. :party-smiley-018:

I can now forgive Jim Tracy for not pinch-hitting for Wilson Alverez in the Bottom of the 5th Inning.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hopefully Finley gets hot again for the playoffs...this offense has been absent for the last week.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I hope we re-sign him.

What awesome at-bats today by Jayson Werth and Hee Seop Choi in the 9th. Particulary Werth who just went down and got that pitcher's pitch and dumped it into right field.

It's also great that Gagne will get at least 4 days off.

I was a little miffed at Beltre and Finley for swinging at the first pitch in the 8th Inning. I liked how Finley took a first pitch strike and went deep into the at-bat that 9th Inning.

Of course, the Giants helped us out too with Cody Ransom just botching that ball. I was starting to freak out that that was going to be a double play. It probably would have been just a force at the plate but still thanks for helping us out, heh.

[Edited on 10/03/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Some happy pictures for me.

"Babe" Finley (as the Giants' announcers called him because he always torches the Giants) puts the Giants out of the division race:

"We're going to celebrate and have a good time! Ce-le-bra-tion!"

[Edited on 10/04/2004 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
going ot be a great post-season, no giants though am i right about htat?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yup, you're right.

top topics

join