It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano-Guitar Made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.eurekalert.org...

ITHACA, N.Y. -- Six years ago Cornell University researchers built the world's smallest guitar -- about the size of a red blood cell -- to demonstrate the possibility of manufacturing tiny mechanical devices using techniques originally designed for building microelectronic circuits.
Now, by "playing" a new, streamlined nanoguitar, Cornell physicists are demonstrating how such devices could substitute for electronic circuit components to make circuits smaller, cheaper and more energy-efficient.

I thought this was pretty nifty. I doubt they could eventually go further and make something energy efficient from that, but it'd be fun to think they could.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So..do you think Eddie Van Halen could play this with his tongue?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe, but you'd think Gene Simmons would do better...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dang, I was just about to say Gene Simmons

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Neener neener neener

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
interesting so they could make heeps of things smaller this is good and bad at the same time!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That is one tiny guitar...

I'm curious about the process it taks to make one of those. Given the fact that there aren't alot of those around, they probably take ages to make because of the degree of difficulty and tediousness.

I wonder how they ever managed to record the sound of the guitar. With such miniscule vibrations and the sensitivity of microphones, it's a wonder they could make such a clear recording like that.

I'll be really impressed once they make a nano-violin.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Dam i wanna get my bloodcells on 1 of those, well they do say music lives my viens.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there is a bad side to this. If this technology exists, the government can easily insert it into your body for many reasons...unfortunately

-wD

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
WHy would the government wanna insert a nanoguitar into my body. oh yeah, and they'd have to catch me first.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That adds new meaning to the phrase, "Yeah, I play a little guitar." Doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Think rippers kids, and you won't like that little guitar so much anymore. Once you figure out that nanites can be used to tear you apart....cell by cell... they won't seem so friendly anymore.

DE

new topics

top topics

join