It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Baseball quotes

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
After announcing the death of Pope Paul VI- Well, that kind of puts the damper on even a Yankees win. Phil Rizzuto

On being asked to take a pay cut from $20.000 to $7,500- Tell you what, you keep the salary and I'll keep me the cut. Vernon 'Lefty' Gomez

On the inconsistent San Diego Padres -One night we play like King Kong, the next night like Fay Wray. Terry Kennedy

The Houston Astros play in a vast indoor stadium known as the Astrodome, but the problem is they field a half-vast team. Kurt Bevacqua

The only good thing about playing for Cleveland is you don't have to make road trips there. Richie Scheinblum

They've played on grass and they've played on Astroturf. What they should do is put down a layer of paper in Candlestick Park. After all, the Giants always look good on paper. Don Rose

Things were so bad in Chicago last summer, that by the fifth inning the White Sox were selling hot dogs to go. Ken Brett (1977)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was raised on this, "Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." Yogi Berra

he's full of um, "You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."

last one, "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfoshaw
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." Yogi Berra

The classic baseball quote (and th eonly one that I know...)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yogi Berra has alot of great ones. here's my favorite from him on some record that he had.

"I knew that record would stand, until it got broken."

Here's another that was reported by a baker that made him a pie for after every game, and he ate the whole thing before bed every time. the baker wanted to know if he wanted his pie cut into 6 or 8 pieces so yogi's response was...

"you better cut it into 6 pieces i don't know if i could eat 8."

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's some more good ones.

We're supposed to be perfect our first day on the job and then show constant improvement.
--Ed Vargo, major league baseball umpire

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--Humphrey Bogart

this next one is kind of ironic

You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possible be - in baseball and in life.
--Pete Rose

Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster.
--Joe Adcock

"I get tired of hearing my ballplayers bellyache all the time. They should sit in the press box sometime and watch themselves play."
--San Diego Padres president Buzzie Bavasi, 1973

Hello again, everybody. It's a bee-yooo-tiful day for baseball.
--Harry Caray

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to keep playing baseball."
- Pete Rose

"Why certainly I'd like to have that fellow who hits a home run every time at bat, who strikes out every opposing batter when he's pitching, who throws strikes to any base or the plate when he's playing outfield and who's always thinking about two innings ahead just what he'll do to baffle the other team. Any manager would want a guy like that playing for him. The only trouble is to get him to put down his cup of beer and come down out of the stands and do those things."
--Danny Murtaugh, manager

TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lol! I like the last one Aegis!

Put down his beer and get out of the stands!

TRD

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Baseball without fans is like Jayne Mansfield without a sweater. Hang on, that can be taken two ways. Richard Nixon

You have only two hemispheres in your brain - a left and a right side. The left side controls the right side of your body and the right controls the left half. It's a fact. Therefore, left-handers are the only people in their right minds. Bill The Spaceman' Lee

On the appearance of Clayton Moore at a Blue Jays home game - It's not very often you get to see the Lone Ranger and Toronto in the same night. Bobby Bragan

new topics

top topics

join