It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Bobby Bonds passes away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just saw on ESPN that Bobby Bonds has passed away after a long battle with cancer.

That's really sad news, I feel for Barry and the rest of his family and friends.

Here's an amzing stat:
Only 2 players in MLB history have had five 30/30 seasons, meaning 30 homeruns and 30 stolen bases in the same saeaon.

1. Bobby Bonds
2. Barry Bonds

R.I.P. Bobby Bonds

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by ProudAmerican]

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bobby Bonds was a great players and will live forever in baseball history.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

ESPN

SAN FRANCISCO -- Bobby Bonds, one of the first major leaguers to blend home-run power with base-stealing speed and the father of one of baseball's greatest sluggers, died Saturday. He was 57.

Barry Bonds' father had been ill for nearly a year with lung cancer and a brain tumor, but he never lost his love for baseball. He was at Pacific Bell Park on Wednesday night, watching his superstar son and the San Francisco Giants.

Bobby Bonds, a three-time All-Star and the MVP of the 1973 game, hit 332 home runs and stole 461 bases for the Giants, New York Yankees, California Angels, Chicago White Sox, Texas, Cleveland, St. Louis and the Chicago Cubs.

He hit .268, had 1,024 RBIs and won three Gold Glove awards as an outfielder.

Bonds became the second NL player to hit 30 homers and steal 30 bases in the same season in 1969 with the Giants. Willie Mays, his close friend and Barry Bonds' godfather, was the first to do it.

Bobby Bonds reached the 30-30 mark four more times in his 14-year career. Barry Bonds also has done it five times; no other player has reached the mark more than three times.

Bonds is survived by his wife, Pat; a daughter, Cheryl Dugan; and three sons: Barry, Ricky and Bobby Jr.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
D:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I never had the privelage to watch Bobby play, being born in '88. but i still admire him all the same.

TRD

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bobby was a Legend and it looks like his son Barry will carry the torch now...

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Rest in peace Bobby Bonds...

new topics

top topics

join