It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Fall Brothers and Sisters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Deny Ignorance".....That is your slogan, but most of your actions only show the opposite. Do you not see that all the bickering gets nowhere. You have here a community of people, with a common understanding.......That something is wrong with the world . And you all feel in your hearts that whatever it is, it is bigger than what the media tells you, bigger than what you were taught in school, bigger than what most people belive to be true. But you fall short to see WHY this is happening. Your minds full of the indoctrinations and false teachings of the society in which you try to escape. You shun those whom know the truth, because the truth hurts. The truth hurts because it is TRUE, and the truth begins at home, within you. Know that the Lord Jesus is the truth.....He is the way, the only way. This does not come from someone whom was "indoctrinated" with scripture and "dogma" as a young child, or "brainwashed" by a church group. No, this comes from one who has found the truth. Salvation comes through Christ and him only. His Grace pours upon you if you let it.....If you allow it.....If you realise that you cannot save yourself....Hasnt history shown us that? That man will always destroy himself if he assumes himself authority over his own. I was once a practicing Buddhist , training many hours to "free my mind"....from this worldly illusion called maya. And I had some experiences, but they were all hallow, as where the experiences of others believing they could. They bring you nowhere except to a deeper realisation that you are real, and so is this world, and this world is not permenent, neither are the things of this world. And you will perish with all of it, if you do not come to Christ. The Lord has given you that option, to choose. Remeber, we rebelled against him., Why should he save us? But he gave his only sone, a perfect sacrafice, so that your sins may be placed upon him, and when you confess to Jesus your faith in him, and repent of your sinfull, fallen, human behaviour, you will be saved. And by a continual relationship through prayer, the Holy Spirit will dwell in you and grow beyond your wildest dreams. From there, the Lord will show you the truth, and allow you to see for yourself the truly fallen nature of man.It truly is amazing. The choice is yours. Do not fall for false concepts and philosophies, even of the so called "church", which hasl argely become corrupt itself. Read your Bible, pray, and repent and you will truly find salvation.
The truth is, America has fallen away from the Lord and his law. Our country flourished while we kept the Lord in our hearts, and in our lives. He gave us more than we could ever imagine, a wonderfull country like this. But it has become corrupt due to our turning away from the Lord. And thus, the Lord has turned his back on us, taming away his protection. Our enemies are now able to seige us, and it is already taking place right now. That is the conspiracy....Your land has been sold out from under your feet by those whom we trusted....MEN....We put men and money before the Lord, and now we will taste of the bitter fruit in which we ourselves choose to bear.
Lam 4-6 "The ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to the solemn feasts:all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitterness.
Her adversaries are the chief, her enemies prosper; for the LORD hath afflicted her for the multitude of her transgressions: her children are gone into captivity before the enemy.
And from the daughter of Zion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like harts that find no pasture, and they are gone without strength before the pursuer."
Mark 23 "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Would an ET stopping by your house contradict what you preach?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Um..ok..first of all..

Welcome to ATS.

Second.

Are you bashing ATS or applauding it?

Third.

Why did you make this post?

-wD

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No ETs would fit rather well.....If you are curious you will find out. And no, im not bashing ATS. im just saying, remeber this is a COMMUNITY.

Much love

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Eh.

Some of us don't ascribe to the notion of Jesus and the Christian God. Some of us don't ascribe to any religious beliefs at all for one reason or another. No amount of preaching will convince everybody as history has well proven.

I'm fairly certain most people here recognize that the issue with our lives are the people who are in charge of them. Though I and others aren't putting anything spiritual/religious or whatever into it. We are simply living with the worst of human nature.

Salvation is not coming. (my opinion only)

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im Christian, I belive in Jesus, but please dont answer everything with bible scripture. I just see it used everywhere for the lamest explainations, cant say im innocent from doing that though.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am also a good Roman Catholic, believe in Jesus, but that doesn't mean I don't respect other people's views on life, space, religion, God, or anything. Like the saying goes, you don't need to agree with the opinion, just respect it.

-wD

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry i didnt read through the 1st post. I though it was just another dogmatic christian view.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Give me a break. I'm glad you can speak for all of us about what we "feel in our hearts" and all that other crap.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem that in the last week or so there have been a lot of religious oriented posts...A lot of god talk? I haven't been here for a month yet and it just seems this subject just perked up suddenly. People telling other people to find god and is god real and dont be afraid jesus is coming and you're wrong because the almighty bible says so...

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I hear it all the time. It's just these people are trying to use emotions to make us feel bad and become a Christian. Glad god could sacrifice himself to himself for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
flanz, I too am a Christian and agree we should plant the seeds, but not quite sure if ATS is the place to do it as there is such a diversity of spirituality amongst the people here, and the forum is Conspiracies in Religion, although there may just well be a conspiracy in what you say. Anyway welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is a call to all Christians to spread the word of the Bible and the Way of Jesus Christ. But as stated before...I have found out myself that ATS is not the place for it...there are more "Bible bashers" than there are "Bible thumpers" here. I too believe that God has taken his hands off of America...we are in for a long battle against Satan and his demons...it is time for all Christians to make a stand and with Jesus Christ as their armor...become an army for Christ and spread the word...but don't be surprised if you get "stoned" by a lot of the members here when you do it. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Welcome Michaelflanz,

I applaud your honesty and forthrightness in saying what you believe. I agree with you on many levels.
One question that I have struggled with for so long is this: "Is Jesus Christ the ONLY way to ascend?"

My step-father is a retired Lutheran Pastor and him and I stayed up late one night hashing it out to see if we could come to a reasonable answer. I came to a conclusion that night myself, but I'll hold out a bit to see what other's offer up to this question as it is a stumper to every person I've asked.

Here's the argument for those who are unfamiliar:

If Jesus is the way to God and the ONLY way to God, what happens to those who are never given the opportunity to KNOW Jesus or have even heard of him?

God's Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes, my preaching is to in hope bring the gospel to atleast one, it is my duty as a christtian, especially now. With that, for those who have not heard any "talk" about America's coming destruction, it is impirtant to sort through some articles. PRISONPLANET.COM may help, but go from there. It is getting rather starteling finding many articles on concentration camps in the US as well as the US harboring many foreign troops.....Wonder why the gov is sending many millitary as well as police forces overseas for "UN peace keeping"....perhaps to hand us over to foreign troops whom will show no mercy on us......

God Bless

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
your right, salvation is not coming, because you don't know what exactly is going on or how to combat it. You have speculation, but that is all.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Salvation doesn't need to come.....When you turn fully over to Jesus, then you are saved by his grace. No one need wait for his 2nd coming.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So your telling me that Turning to Jesus brings salvation?
Bhuddist maya,
My relgion has a similar bases, "The 5 cardinal Vices"
The five cardinal vices are; Kam (lust), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (worldly attachment) and Ahankar (pride). If one can overcome these, they will achieve salvation.
Your country flourished?
You mean the American Indians country which you stole.
Deep

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Please, do not preach on ATS, that causes trouble :/ We have had this many times, and preaching, as you may feel needed to, won't solve it. Respect opinions, religions, and listen. Other than that, preaching gets really annoying really fast.

-wD

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Eh.

Some of us don't ascribe to the notion of Jesus and the Christian God. Some of us don't ascribe to any religious beliefs at all for one reason or another. No amount of preaching will convince everybody as history has well proven.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by heelstone]

I agree, not everyone is a Christian, there is no "right" religion, in the United States, freedom of religion is allegedly protected. No amount of bible verses, or pastor/preacher/father testimonials will help. I personally am not a Christian, but I can respect the Christian belief until I have someone shoving bible verses down my throat or telling me I'm going to hell/I'm not saved/I'm a heathen/whatever.

Edit********
Invoking the site's slogan, Deny Ignorance, as a way of strenthening your arguement that Christianity is the only way, will not help you in this matter. It's been done.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by kaoszero]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join