It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Fall Brothers and Sisters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Please, do not preach here. We have had this many times, and preaching, as you may feel needed to, won't solve it. Respect opinions, religions, and listen. Other than that, preaching gets really annoying really fast.

-wD

Excuse me? Didn't Michaelflanz start this thread? Can't he share what he wants to?

If you don't care to read his post, don't. He's not cramming anything. He's simply sharing what he believes. What's wrong with that?

How about showing him where he's wrong (if you think he is)?

I asked a very pointed question which is yet to be responded to and all I see is complaining.

How about adding to the discussion rather than whining about the content?

No offense implied. Just some things to think about.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I stand with Jammerman.

This is some one else's thread. If you do not agree, move on.

Why do so many not realize that you can have opinion without speaking it in the wrong context.

It's called tact. Get some.

and FYI...this is called witnessing. I see no one trying to force you to accept his (or my) beliefs.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I stand with Jammerman.

This is some one else's thread. If you do not agree, move on.

Why do so many not realize that you can have opinion without speaking it in the wrong context.

It's called tact. Get some.

and FYI...this is called witnessing. I see no one trying to force you to accept his (or my) beliefs.

We all say it's someone else's thread, if you don't agree, move on. Hypothetically speaking, if several atheist, agnostic, or pagan members began making huge posts about the wrongness of Christian faith, or how it had no part in building this "great" country, or that the holidays are wrong, or whatever else, wouldn't it start to get at you? I'm not here to slam one belief or another, but at some point, people need to realise that not everyone is of the same faith, there is no way to get everyone to be of the same faith, and saying that people can only find "salvation" by following one faith is a lost cause, even in the No Ignorance zone.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
kaoszero.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

Take about 15 minutes to review thread titles in the religious/spiritual forum.

Guess what I do...I don't read them for the most part, and when I do. It gets to me...and **I DON'T POST**.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The whole thing is really very simple, but for most people totally absurd, but I'll try to explain it very simple.

Have you ever wondered why history seems to repeat itself, and how this pattern seems to excellerate into light speed now in our time? A trembling UN official, don't know who, but he said that never before has so many prophecies of the bible come true. They play like an orchestra these days. And the reason is just as simple. We humans are telepathic of nature. And our telepathic spirits brakes the time barrier to the beginning of the universe. Every prophecy in the bible is about the time since the sinking of Titanic. What made Jesus rightious in the eyes of God, was his ability to judge between right and wrong in this mess. And thank God for that. Because he was rightious, God called him his Son. But he was killed, for the children of the world know not God and understand not his demands and the truth of his laws, why they are like they are and why they should never be abolished, edited, changed or otherways challenged. It is a race of rats, and they are all heading for the pit with that in mind that they are heading for salvation and Heaven. If I told you that the Lamb of God is the Satan of this world, would you understand it? And if I told you that the Satan Jesus spoke of is the one everyone in this world hails as king of kings, would you then listen? If Jesus had been around today, he would be severely persecuted, rediculed, laughed at, cursed by the church, falsely accused by the kings. For he is an enemy of them all. Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and all the rest are loved compared to Jesus. We have become a threat to everything sacred. To everyone living. And in the world today, not many who walk around under the Sun live. This whole thing is a test of rightiousness.

If I told you who ends in Hell and who ends up in the Kingdom, you would never believe me. You would call the wicked good and the good wicked. That's how you have been taught. To trample down everything pure and sacred, hurt everyone who loves their Maker, and worship everything that is profane, adopt every filth of the nations and change the names of the gods with names of holy men and women. You're not even willing to believe what Jesus tells us to. The words change before they meet your eyes. If the Word says something in his spirit, you agree right away, but when he opens his mouth and says it out in the open, you would want to kill him.

There are seven Holy Spirits, and they all agree. No darkness is found in them. Then why does everyone, Christian or not, turn their jacket to the wind? Why is noone walking upstreem? For you do know that the way to Paradise goes upstream, don't you? Why can't you just seek to become rightious?

Jesus said that it is impossible to win this war unless we are by far more rightious than the Pharicees and the scribes. And this war cannot be fought with weapons of steel. It's a war in Heaven. God shakes the Heavens. Do you know what that implies? It is all about a trial where two people will be killed, after being falsely accused for being sexual perverts and general satans. And these two people are the two single most rightious persons living on the face of the Earth today. Entrusted by God to witness the destruction of this world. All of it. God wants to find out where our hearts are.

The Book of Revelation is playing like an orchestra these days. The next big thing is WW3, in which 1/3rd of the world's population will be killed. And so on it will continue until just a handful is left. And when the wars are over, plagues will take over and wipe out most of the rest. When the Son of Jesus finally appears (the Christ that is mentioned in Revelation isn't Jesus, Jesus is the guy sitting on the throne. Jesus won't come back until after the Millennium. The Word of God is him Jesus witnessed about and died for, who will rule as king of kings in the Millennium while Jesus is governing Heaven in his Father's place), when the Son appears, he will kill the rest of them, except for the faithful, who keep the Sabbaths and the commandments of God. Everyone will be killed except for a group of devotees who stand strong at Harmagheddon. It will be much like in Rome under C�sar Nero, only multiplied by the millions. If there are ten million people left in the world when the Marriage is consumated, we will be lucky. Sunday worship and idol worshipping won't help you one single bit. Neither will any of the doctrines of the church, when God search our hearts and kidneys, what is in our minds and what is on our hands. How do you even dare to think about braking even one of the least among the commandments? And how do you dare to trust a guy as the king of kings who have inherited his title from C�sar and called his house by the same name as the house of the Roman Senate? Who has deleted every instance of the Name of God in the Bible and replaced it with the name of Ba'al? How do you dare to trust a person who claims he is the replacement of the son of God, when God made it clear that his replacement was the Holy Spirit!?! Since when did this mean the high priest and prophet of the Roman Empire assuming the role of Ba'al and Lucifer? And why can't you see this? It's right before your eyes, but it's like it's a thick veil before your eyes! Cursed be such ignorance! May God have mercy and not wipe out everything that is, just because of one charlatan's calculated hipocricy! Flee from Babylon! But where can you run? She has spread her disgusting body all over the Earth. She breeds on the weak and the simpleminded, and the kings of this world breeds on her. But thank God that God loves these little ones higher than he loves himself.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Though I myself am, or was somewhat puzzled at this,I hope this can help.....(This isnt my statement)

www.theology.edu...

Much Love
Flanz

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Beautifuly said. I dont think I could have said it any better. The world needs more "prophets" like yourself. "Take up the cross and deny yourself" Spread the word, for the end is nigh

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Amen. Let us all see we all need each other NOT when it's too late but now when the time is available.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
......."So your telling me that Turning to Jesus brings salvation?
Bhuddist maya,
My relgion has a similar bases, "The 5 cardinal Vices"
The five cardinal vices are; Kam (lust), Krodh (anger), Lobh (greed), Moh (worldly attachment) and Ahankar (pride). If one can overcome these, they will achieve salvation"......

Like I said before, I to was a practicing Buddhist, and had quit a few experiences, or what one would call SAMAHDI.....Glimpsing into the true nature of the universe. But it holds nothing. For you are merely trying to understand energies and nature, which GOD created.....You will not know the creator by worshipping his creation. As far as controlling lust, anger greed and worldy attachment, they are all Symptoms of not having the Lord in your life....You cannot take down a tree by breaking it's branches, no you must dig it up by the roots.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
very wise words Michaelflanz!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michaelflanz
Though I myself am, or was somewhat puzzled at this,I hope this can help.....(This isnt my statement)

www.theology.edu...

Much Love
Flanz

Thanks for the link Flanz. However it did not answer the question. The final conclusion that it is beyond human understanding or grasp to know.
Anybody else have a theory or thought about this? ...

If Faith in Jesus is the only way to God, what happens to those who do not hear or know of Christ?
Would God create a world in which some CANNOT be saved? Seems a bit unjust doesn't it? Certainly God would be JUST, right?

Anybody have any thoughts?

In Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes, so since GOD is Just and mercifull, then it is so. No need to worry, for he has his plan, and we do not know it.....Be thankfull you know him

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ok, I guess you didn't understand. I'm not "stealing" his thread, lol, where'd that come from? This has been stated before, but I guess I have to say it again. Freedom of Religion. Preaching to others might be a good thing to do, but, not letting others believe in what they believe, is that right, too?

jammerman - No offense implied? LoL, sounded like you meant to offend me. EDIT: And..I wasn't talking about his thread, I am talking about preaching on ATS. Guess it wasn't clear enough.

Sure, I am a Christian, and preaching is a good thing to do, hey, but you gotta respect other people's opinions.

Just something to think about

-wD

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There comes a time when you must awaken to the truth. This isnt about freedom of religion, this is about GOD. Loving the Lord, following his commandments, and remaining in constant prayer. You can learn all the earthly things you want, and be the nicest person, but the Lord doesn't bring you home to him for those things. He is like a friend, the greatest friend you could ever have.....And by having faith in him when you cant even see him, and loving him, he will love you. The Holy Spirit is not an empty ploy, but a real being. Being filled with the Holy Spirit surpasses all other feelings. Before coming to the Lord, i had no idea, nor did I even want to belive for quit along time. So many "belivers" out there turn you off from God. There vain ritualistic lifestyle, and there "Your a sinner" comments, as if they were able to throw the first stone. But that is not a relationship with Yeshua, Jesus Christ. I was blinded for a long time, but realized there was nothing earthly nor spiritual that filled me. I thank GOD for his grace, and I know others will come to him to.

GOD BLESS

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Be the nicest person? Do all the rights thing? And not be good in his eyes? What about good people who never knew about him? Do they get left out too?

Hmm, yes, I can understand where you are coming from, praying for the less fortunate, but just because you do not know him, but are perfectly good, means you are still left out? That seems a little unfair to me . . .

-wD

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Double posted again

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michaelflanz
Beautifuly said. I dont think I could have said it any better. The world needs more "prophets" like yourself. "Take up the cross and deny yourself" Spread the word, for the end is nigh

I'm just witnessing what my Life has shown me. That we must not be too quick to judge, and that a little rock can make the wisest man stumble.

But don't cast away what they taught you in the East. Everything has a purpose, my brother. Buddhism is a good philosophy with many truths to serve, and many secrets that will save many and bring many hearts back to our Father who is Love. Peace starts with ourselves. In our own hearts. A wise man can find peace in his heart even when enemies kill him and take away all his earthly earnings. Buddha taught this, and Jesus agrees, and Job proved it. There are good things to find everywhere. God has lead the other nations aswell. Don't forget that. Seek rather peace with God than peace with the world. A true Buddhist knows Yeshuah, and holds him as a rock in his hands. May God serve you food of angels and show you where the pure water is, that flows from the foot of the Temple making salt water fresh!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Better yet, seek peace with God and the world, then your set!

True words, another opinion that is good, and, Buddhism always served me well, even if it is not my religion. Some of my highest respects go to Buddhist monks, so thank you for bringing this to light.

-wD

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes, I must agree with you....For It was my journey as a Buddhist that brought me to the Lord Jesus Christ. It was ignorant of me to forget that. You are wise....Keep in Christ, stay strong in the spirit and deny the devil in our flesh.

God Bless

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The problem with christianity is that most christians believe they are right in everything and every other religion, even those that have been around longer, are wrong. There is no room for anything else than their one god. They use the scare tactics of hell and eternal suffering to pull more people into their grasp. We live in a country that claims Freedom of Religion. Christians seem to take this to mean "freedom of christianity and all other religions will burn in eternal flames." Disturbing. Anyone ever hear of the ten signs of a dangerous cult?

Someone informed me that Christianity hits every sign. I will look for an article that says this in detail...a friend of mine told me that a few years ago. I believe it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join