It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't mess around with the occult

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
What if you're already screwed up mentally and physically? What would it hurt then?

Then you really shouldnt mess with it
any dealings with the occult/magick require a clean and focused mind, and not having that could lead to some adverse results.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have been deeply involved in the occult for years now and I have had very few bad experiences. I think that my will is strong enough for me to do this without fear of anything happening. Most dealings with the occult are spiritual and psychic experiences. These aspects of you can be controled and in doing so you can do what ever you feel like doing as long as you keep control. That's just my opinion from experience.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yes, don't mess around with the occult and stay ignorant.

People probably would've said the same thing about electricity 200 years ago.

And if you could travel back in time 200 years, grab a random person off the street, bring him back to our time, then force him to attempt to rewire the electrics in your house....what do you think the result would be?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now that some time has passed & I am certain my friend is free from entrapment & I no longer get too distressed about the incident anymore, here are a few things I can divulge.

The incident in question involved the one of the most wicked form of witchcraft I have ever seen. It's turned me off of tv shows like Charmed & I've disposed of any literature I possessed with any reference to witchcraft.

And for some reason I still continue to relate the color royal blue to death.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
More about cults.

Moonies

THE MOONIES

By Harry V. Martin and David Caul

Copyright FreeAmerica and Harry V. Martin, 1995

The buses would come in at night, filled with young people. Their destination was the Moonie facility Upvalley. Were these people "volunteers" or held against their will? According to neighbors in the area, a few males would knock on their door late at night and ask how they could "escape" from the area. Under most circumstances, the young people who live there walk outside the compounds with another person, they are seldom alone.

In the mid-70s, then Napa Sheriff Earl Randol had some major clashes with the Moonies in an attempt to gain the "release" of one young man.

The Aetna Springs facility of the Moonies receives a $406,836 local tax exemption on their property, because they qualify as a religious organization. You won't find a sign saying "Moonies", the facility is registered as the New Education Development Systems, Inc., of 1600 Aetna Springs Road, in Pope Valley. There are six parcels of land owned by the New Education Development Systems, Inc. equalling 672.47 acres, which they pay only $5507.52 tax annually. At one point in 1977, the Board of Equalization denied any tax break for the New Educational Development Systems, Inc.

The Moonies first came to prominence in Napa County in October 1976 when Charles Lotz arrived here from Arizona with his two attorneys, Wayne Howard and Michael Trauscht. Lotz suspected that his son, Steven, was living as a Moonie on the Aetna Springs Resort. With Napa Attorney John Dower, the group appeared before Superior Court Judge Thomas Kongsgaard for the purpose of having Lotz appointed temporary conservator of his son, this essentially gave him the legal right to forcibly control the actions of his son who is declared temporarily incompetent.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
soothsayer, you said you have the book of morman. have you ever seen the southpark episode about that? I didnt know it was real

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   

24 volume MAN, MYTH & MAGIC encyclopedia
FORBIDDEN MYSTERIES of ENOCH
ECKANKAR
NECRONOMICAN
various Sitchin books
ABC's of the BIBLE
BHAGAVAD GITA
the BOOK of MORMON
DER BIBLIFCHE EPIEGEL
NIV BIBLE
SATANIC BIBLE
ENCYCLOPEDIA CTHULHIANA

do all of these books tie together somehow? i've read the necronomicon, but am still skeptical to belive rather it is real or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Now that some time has passed & I am certain my friend is free from entrapment & I no longer get too distressed about the incident anymore, here are a few things I can divulge.

The incident in question involved the one of the most wicked form of witchcraft I have ever seen. It's turned me off of tv shows like Charmed & I've disposed of any literature I possessed with any reference to witchcraft.

And for some reason I still continue to relate the color royal blue to death.

Exactly which form of witchcraft did this involve?

BG

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

most wicked form of witchcraft

necromancy or summoning i would belive

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nope, missed that episode of South Park. After the first couple years, I started getting bored of the cartoon (although Cartman still kicks ass!)

Do those books tie together? Some do. Well, the bibles tie together, then the occult books together... but what I do, or have done, is this:

You cannot learn the whole truth about something unless you study it from all angles... so I read/ study religion, and I study occult. It helps broaden my knowledge.

It is interesting, however, that alot of the material that I do read DO have similiar meanings, or have common threads. I've always felt that the basis of all the world's religions can be traced to a common source, and usually, in that religion is old enough, there will be some sorts of magic involved. Look at the transadentalism of the Hindu's/Budist's, or the Keys of Solomon or Kabalah (from early christian).

Eventually, religion and magic merge (Egyptian and Sumerian are the more famous examples). Wether magic was given by the gods (as in the Book of Enoch) or was learned by man to become as gods, magic is a part of religion.

Oh, you can have one without the other. The Catholics would condemn you to Hell (even though the priest's invocations of God for exorcisms is an example of a wiccan calling down the moon) for practicing magic. You could even be the greatest necromancer without fear of God. But to fully learn, and grow to your fullest potential, you need an understanding as to the why's and how's.

So, yeah, I guess there is a connection between those listed books.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
which ones should i start out with now? like i said i've read the necronomicon, the lesser keys of solomon seemed kind of interesting to me too, what would you reccomend?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i for one dont believe in witchcraft, even if a have been presented with plenty of evidence of it back when i was young and living in Bolivia.

what i do believe is that there are more forcess at work than the general public is aware of and that those forces have always been around us and some of us cn connect to them.

i'm not talking about some star wars crap but more like life energy which can be channeled and used to whatever end.

i think time and technology have taken people's perception of this energy away and made fools of those who did not conform to the norm.

there is a force out there that does not want us to know about this power and i can feel it pushing me making me feel unconfortable while i'm typing this words as if it want me to stop and let me tell you its creepy.

for a long time now i feel that my sensibility to this force has slowly been awaykening and i can sometimes feel where things are headed mostly out of reflex though.

but anyway when it comes to witchcraft and such the only power that is has is any belief you bestow upon it.
think of it like this
imagine you were getting shots at a clinic or stiches maybe, how many times did you feel the needle when it wasnt actually there

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

Could you tell us the whole story of what happened?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As long as you're able to step back and take a relatively objective look at what's going on and what your personal perspective is on the subject, I don't think there's too much harm that can come to you from a good study of the occult.

Also, I'm not your Mommy. If you decide to jump in with both feet and become an evil sorcerer or necromancer and you do bad things in search of some kind of dopey, anime-like power, then you're going to have to face the consequences, not us. You'll be responsible for losing or keeping your own mind, not us. Also, the law frowns on some activities, and if you break the law and get caught, you'll have to pay. But that pretty much goes with anything, whether it's summoning demons or raising hamsters.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ahem, well, I guess I will chime in.

I am of the opinion that it all depends on what you are referring to. Too many people want to lump occultism in with Satanism and crap like that.
There really isn't any significant correlation between the two.

With that being said, there are aspects of the occult which can be dangerous. Too many people get involved with summoning and other aspects of the occult without really knowing what they are doing. They practice for a while and all of a sudden think they are "experts."

Anytime you are dealing with matters of the spirit, which generally is what you are dealing with when you delve into the occult, you had better know what you are doing.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
What if you're already screwed up mentally and physically? What would it hurt then?

Nothing. You should delve headlong into it without any regard because you'll be fine. Trust me.

P.S. Questor, is your avatar a pic of you? If so,
lets go out some time and get a veggie burger. I live right by the place voted best Black Bean Burger in the US.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by merryxmas]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Since this is a thread about the occult could anybody give me info on ouja boards and why everyone says they are bad? Ive used them a few times in my life and I dont recall anything bad happening to me? Ive always been facinated with the occult but the ouja board is the only thing that Ive actually tried/used.. There was a few times where I came in contact with evil/bad spirits but Id just tell to get lost.. I do have a few memorable experiences using ouja boards but Ive never incountered poltergeist or any spirt like that.. I do have a strong belief in God so maybe thats why nothing bad ever happened I dont know?

[edit on 17-10-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

Crimson, too many people use them incorrectly. They use them for a few months and then declare themselves "experts" in quija summoning.
Truth is, unless you are an adept, someone who has been practicing most of your life, you are better off leaving it alone.

I have read and studied the occult, but I have never been a practitioner of any of it. While I find its philosophy to be enlightening, I think that much of it can open doors that are better off lrft closed. While I certainly don't think the occult is inherently evil, I do believe that people can cause it to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
calm down guys. Occult travelling is just about as dangerous as driving a car. If you keep on track, dont disturb other drivers, follow traffic rules and have a license, its no big deal.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, that's true. I have already outlined the problem. The occult is not the problem, the practitioners all too often are.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join