It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Weakness?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
my biggest weakness candy wise. hmmmm. i dont really have a weakness on candy although my fav is chocolate. i dont drink or do drugs so no weakness there. i guess i do have a weakness for pudding. mmmm i just ate two of those little pudding cups. my biggest weakness is anything that distracts me. which is anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
~I love seafood. Shrimp cocktails do wonders for me. My grandmas home-made salsa and my fathers cooking in general. Yummers.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hmmm...
coconut with chocolate. coconut anything, really. I love coconut, and pineapple. *drools*

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'll give you my shipping address........

Well, I can at least tell you how...

You'll need:

1. Wilton's candy melts (chocolate or dark chocolate...I mix both together) or just baking chocolate
2. Wilton's creme mix (there's a recipe for making the liquid center)
3. Candy molds (little plastic trays with the the deepest shapes you can find)
4. Marichino cherries...(you can cut them if they are too big for the mold, but intact cherries work better...so either look for bigger molds, or smaller cherries)
5. A double boiler, or just two different sized pots, and something to hold the smaller pot up...
6. small spoon, small paint brush, butter knife

Most of the above (minus the cherries) are available in crafts stores, or large discount stores in the crafts section...

If you haven't used a double boiler, the idea is that the boiling water is in the bottom part, and the chocolate is melted in the top... You can do the same with the two pot idea (I used to use a glass measuring cup to hold up the pot inside the other)...just be sure the higher part isn't sitting directly in the water (or the bottom of the chocolate will burn...)

Mix up the liquid center (according to the directions) while the chocolate is melting.

When the chocolate is melted (consistency of thin gravy), then spoon a little into each mold (should be about 1/3 full). Then, use the brush to pull it up on the sides of the mold (make sure no light gets through the mold (as if so, then that will leak out the center!).

Put the molds in the fridge until they get hard (at this point, you'll just have the shells done).

Once hard, take out of the fridge (takes about a half hour or so for them to harden), and place the cherries and a little of the liquid center in the chocolate shells...(make sure to leave about 1/4 inch at the top for the bottom cap of chocolate).

Then, cap them with chocolate, by spooning it in. Level off the "bulge" with a butter knife (so they'll sit level on their bottoms)...put back in the fridge for another half hour.

After they are hardened, you're ready to release them from the mold. Hold the mold about 8 inches or so above a wax paper covered counter (bottom of cherries facing the counter). Drop the mold, and the chocolate cherries should pop out (may take a couple drops). Let them get to room temp, and they are ready to eat!

You'll want to store them in an airtight container at room temp. I usually use wax paper to separate the layers as I stack them in the container. Package them in little gift tins, whatever.....using doilies for liner...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Those cherries sound good.
I guess my favorite dessert would be the Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie.
This is just a regular cherry pie with chocolate chips mixed in with the cherry filling. It is best when served warm with a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Carlsberg (Export only
)
Cobra
Smirnoff Ice (hey, i'm 20, so gimme a break)
prauliene
pork
Grand Turismo Series
Hitman (47 is such a bada$$)
Grand Theft Auto
Skyline R34, R33
Lancer Evolution Series
RS200

the cops are probably lucky i can't drive, or i'd be Londons answer to Memphis Raines. I love cars!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Food:
REALLY stinky cheese
link sausage
Chicken-Fried Steak
Most game bird. I love smoked pheasant (it's just hard to keep lit!)
T-Bones
General Tso's Chicken (with the little straw mushrooms. love those)
Kung Pao Chicken (was once cured of pneumonia by those little peppers)
Queso con Carne, and a little salsa stirred in.

Sweets:
Mom's butter cookies
Stollen
Chess Pie
Any Pie

Drink:
margarita on the rocks with salt. Just set the pitcher down, thanks.
Martini, dry stirred with two stuffed olives. (Shaking bruises the Vermouth!)
Single Malts. I've got the cork out of the Talisker right now.
Homebrew
Homemade Liquers. I just found some Blueberry "Chambourd" I put back in 2002!
Kolaches

Edit: oops! Kolaches are obviously dessert, not drink. Need another snort of the talisker. THere, that's better. Ooooohh. mmmmmmmmmmm.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yep same my weakness is Food.

Oh yeah and beer.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm a lover of all food and drink....

If I had to narrow it down to only one item in both the food and drink category...

Food: I always have several giant cans of salted cashews
Drink: Crown over ice....mmmmmm

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Swiss chocolate
A good Asti

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Candy: I have a soft spot for Peanut Butter candies, like Reeses.

"Real Food": I can easily be won over with some tasty Mexican food... : Drools:

Drink: I'm not much of a drinker, but if I do drink I like a good martini. In the words of Hawkeye Pierce "Give me a dry martini, painfully dry, so dry that I die from thirst!"

Breakfast: 1. Eggs Benedict on a warm biscut..mmmmm 2. Breakfast burrito.. made with some scrambled eggs, Jimmy Dean sausage, peppers, onions, and salsa. oh yeah baby

EDIT.. Aparently when you have a ":" followed by a "D" it makes a
... had to fix that

[edit on 3/29/2005 by Lenina]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My weakness was my telepathic ability for 26 years, now it became my strength.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My weakness is hot women with sexy russian accents....

anything other than beer, yeah Im a light weight drinker

Tequila...blah

dairy products.....Im a little lactose intolerant but i love it and im so thick headed i do it anyways and pay for later

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hmm my weakness has to be

Ice cream! i cant stop eating it i buy a pot and tell my self ill have half then put the other half away! but No i end up eating the whole lot!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This:

...or "Atta laevigata", a big ant with a hefty rear end. It comes out in large swarms in the rainy season for the bridal flight --in fact, it has just started to rain (April-May)-- and is hand-picked and dropped at once into a hot pan on the spot, where it is fried in its own oil. It gives off a strong stench reminiscent of ammonia (maybe due to the formic acid) but the smoky taste is wonderful. One could compare it to some smoke-dried foodstuffs. It is extremely expensive, and every year it gets even more so because excessive "harvesting" is dwindling its numbers. Foreigners, especially the Germans, love it. It's endemic to a certain region near the border with Venezuela, in Colombia. You'll have to come down here and get it, though. Don't expect me to send any samples.

Here's a trained one plucking a guitar...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join