It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

price of Drinking water vs. Gasoline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
While many people are concerned and worried that the price of oil is hihg, not mnay people comment on the fact that a bottle of water is now more expensive than the price of a litre, or gallon of gasoline.
My prediction is that Canada, with its huge supply of clean drinkable water will become the same kind of rich as Saudi oil princes are now, when the US runs our of a decent supply of clean drinkable water, which it will very soon.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by jawapunk]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't think bottle water is high priced because water is scarce, I think it's because people are stupid.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This would likely be true if the large private utilities and private bottling companies did not already own a good chunk of the action. Then there is the free trade deal with US which guarantees the US access to just about all the water they can suck out of the great lakes.

Whatever is left would be controlled by the Canadian Government or I mean the globalists and likely end up being sold off by the Rothschilds.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
it is strange how people moan about the price of gasoline. 1.75 a gallon is cheap. it would cost you around 20 dollars to buy a gallon of snapple.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
forsaken,

valid point and I understand that it is cheaper and easier and thus more profitable to make a gallon of Snapple too.

I used to work in the food manufacturing industry and I know what I speak of.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I don't think bottle water is high priced because water is scarce, I think it's because people are stupid.

yup, trust me dude, we will never run out of water

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cities may run dry, but rural areas with their own water supplies and those of us with our own wells and sisterns(sp?) probably wont have trouble coming up with water. As for the hapless city dwellers who couldnt feed themselves without a SUV and a supermarket, I wont loose any sleep if they cant fend for themselves, serves them right for not being better prepared in the first place.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Cities may run dry, but rural areas with their own water supplies and those of us with our own wells and sisterns(sp?) probably wont have trouble coming up with water. As for the hapless city dwellers who couldnt feed themselves without a SUV and a supermarket, I wont loose any sleep if they cant fend for themselves, serves them right for not being better prepared in the first place.

i geuss im dead then...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i never said you would run out of water, i said you were gonna run out of clean drinkable water, nad soon enough, even with all the filtration systems and cleasning plants working, the US will be importing vast amounts of water, by the bottle. I used to live in indonesia nad the drinking water there is for #, we had to get big bottles of water delivered to our house twice a week, not becasue water is scarce but because it is polluted, and because the cost of clean, or cleaned water is going to keep going up, nad our governments don't seem to give two shiates.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
Drinking water vs. Gasoline

To drink or not to drink, that is the question.

By drinking water I replenish my bodes natural filtration system as well as rehydrating a cooling system. Not a bad thing exept that the cooling system is a hazard in the colder climes. By drinking gasoline, I replenish my bodies natural fitration system, but cause a slight hinderance in rehydration thus nearly eliminateing the cooling sytem unrequired for a colder clime. Compared to the obvious detriments of ingesting gasoline, it does have its benefits. One never again need worry about kindleing for a fire or putting it out when pissed on...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
it is strange how people moan about the price of gasoline. 1.75 a gallon is cheap. it would cost you around 20 dollars to buy a gallon of snapple.

$2.40 a gallon for me is expencise.

I drive alot so I waste $40 a week on gas.

$160 a month with no major traveling.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Keep those fuel reciepts, if work related they can be used with tax returns and such. Even better if the employer/s keep records also.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It is about simple economics, supply and demand. If people are willing to pay $1.50 for a bottle of water or Snapple, than that is whay they will sell it for. The profit margin has to be higher on Snapple than it does on gasoline to make it worthwhile too. Most people do not go through gallons of Snapple a week, but they do gas. Gas can rely on high volume of sales to make a huge profit for the companies, where as Snapple can't.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
we aren't talking about snapple here. Snapple is a luxury item, water is an absolute necessity. No one drinks gallons of snapple a week or month but we sure go through an enormous amount of water everyday. If you think about the amount of clean water you use just to have a shower everyday, it can make your head spin.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What makes you think that no one drinks gallons of Snapple?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I can get a gallon bottle at Walmart for 58 cents a piece.

top topics

join