It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! When life gives you crap, make it into candy and give it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTS!!

Recently when I was gone, my dad hacked into my internet account and read all my e-mails and checked my history. He found nothing but conspiracy sites, but he also found out about my girlfriend (which I've only been keeping from him because I knew he'd make a big deal out of it and embarass me), he found out about my plans to run away with her in a year, and he also found out about my severe depression.

Sure, one could say "Nice parents, they were just trying to protect you!" Yeah well, they told my girlfriend's parents everything now I'm grounded from the internet for awhile (while she is indefinitely) and she's probably not allowed to see me anymore.

Sorry parents, but you really need to respect a LITTLE but of my privacy.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
when life gives me lemons i drink vodka

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Eagle

Wow that suck big time man! Is your dad some l33t haxor or did you forgot to password protect your computer?

Seriously, you're dad is nutz. Sorry to say so. But COME ON!!! Unless you always had a serious problematic childhood and stuff, why would your dad go throught your emails??? That's plain crazy.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
When life gives you lemons, keep them, cause hey, free lemons.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When life gives you lemons, make one of those cool canons and fire them into the next suburb!!

m0rbid I found the hidden image in your avatar, is that a picture of you?

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well... I like that cannon idea, but I might upgrade it a bit so that it launches super radioactive killing lemons instead...

My dad works with computers every day so he knows them inside and out. He knows I had depression, and he was curious who I was talking to on the internet.

MAN Life sucks, I talked them out of grounding me from the internet though, I told them I had a research paper to do.

To finish my topic, it was supposed to say "When life gives you crap, make it into candy and give it to your enemy. But what if life gives you crappy parents?" But it didn't all fit... oh well

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
How old are you Eagle?

It really doesn't matter. If your parents are overprotective you never grow up. I have to constantly remind my mother that I'm 28, a grown azz woman. I feel your pain and I'm sorry to say it'll never get better, so you need to get better at hiding things. But, it also helps to keep an open line of communication even if you don't tell them the good stuff-- tell them enough so that they think you are okay that cuts back on some of the snooping.

PS...your parents aren't crappy. be glad they're good parents and not crackheads...it helps to put things in perspective. And, when my mother use to find minor things I'd always say--well, at least i'm not doing drugs. she hated that there's no come back anything she said after that sounded like nit-picking. Be like...but, but, you've got a girlfriend, and you say, yeah but i'm not doing drugs. Trust it works.

top topics

join