It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consider this perspective on the "fake" moon landings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The moon landings were not faked.

The whole "moon landings are fake" hoax has been thoroughly debunked.

Yep, just go to NASA's site, type in "moon landing hoax" in the search feature, and it will show you an excellent and thorough debunking of the "fake" claims....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
some people made some bogus photos one of which has the letter c on a rock. These are easily constructed using photoshop and the likes.

To think that 20% of the US population doesnt believe we went to the moon is rediculous. I mean seriously, what real proof do you have that we did not land on the moon?

images.jsc.nasa.gov...

theres some pics of the real ones from NASA.

Besides what does the government have to gain from lying about something such as this?

Seriously though, anyone who believes that we did not go to the moon should consider the evidence that we did go.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Standard reply to Moon Landing Hoax threads:

Any and all of your theories as to why the landings were faked are debunked on one or all of these links:

www.clavius.org...

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

www.badastronomy.com...

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

Happy Reading.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
That all there photos are fake?

They build a special studio to in which they took these photos..

As most or all of the real photos were #ed up because of cold etc..

NASA and US gov. have admitted this..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah I dont suppose you'd have any links to this?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Yeah I dont suppose you'd have any links to this?

I can find out.. (find you one..)

I have seen a program in TV that told about this..

There were many NASA and US gov. people telling this..

They had the special studio, and they said that the orginal photos were bust..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If NASA and the Government have admitted to this, why do all the official pictures of the Moon missions on the NASA website still claim to be pictures of things happening on the moon, and not re-enactments?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
the program that i have seen is:

Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on The Moon?

And i think that it is by FOX..

Im not sure but..

Its something..

If this is it..

You should look for it..

Its quite detailed.. if this is the same program..

That i have seen..

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree with Kano, if we admitted to it, then why do we still claim (on NASA.gov, and numerous other web sites) that they are genuine pictures.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by JeanLucPicard]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
One simple way to debunk the conspiracy theories that doesn't involve any discussion of the pictures: www.lpi.usra.edu... "The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. It consists of a series of corner-cube reflectors, which are a special type of mirror with the property of always reflecting an incoming light beam back in the direction it came from. A similar device was also included on the Soviet Union's Lunakhod 2 spacecraft. These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large telescopes on Earth. The reflected laser beam is also observed with the telescope, providing a measurement of the round-trip distance between Earth and the Moon. This is the only Apollo experiment that is still returning data from the Moon. Many of these measurements have been made by McDonald Observatory in Texas. From 1969 to 1985, they were made on a part-time basis using the McDonald Observatory 107-inch telescope. Since 1985, these observations have been made using a dedicated 30-inch telescope. Additional measurements have been made by observatories in Hawaii, California, France, Australia, and Germany." This experiment required an EVA by the actual astronauts who landed on the moon to position, align, and adjust the reflector in concert with several locations on the earth. Human intervention was required on the moon to respond to input from the earth to make final adjustments for the experiment. Done.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
and that's the way "they" like it. First of all: Where were the astronauts after takeoff?....floating around in space or sitting in a sound room faking it? No...they made it...most of the trips were for just a couple hours or more...then it was time to go back to earth...not some vacation...kick back on the lunar surface and watch the earth rise...hehe. Everything...like light and gravity behave differently in space and on the moon...that's why the photos and film clips look so..."UNIQUE". Confuse and conquer the masses...or...let's go back...I'm in...who wants to go?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think you debunkers are missing something here.

Just because we say the moon photos were fabricated or altered does not mean we never landed on the moon. I fall into this category. I believe we landed on the moon but the photos were either not genuine, altered, or they were 100% authentic but they were only the tip of the iceberg.

For one thing, it's always easier to fake a photo than a moon landing.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe that we did land on the moon, but the public did not see everything. After looking at the pictures on the net and how chopped up they were, Nasa was definately covering something up. There is evidence that the released photos were edited and that the astronauts reported strange sightings. Nasa definately hid something.

Nasa knew that they couldn't hide everything that they saw because of the mass viewing of the landing and media on it. So they were forced to fake a landing video and edit the pictures for the public to hide what they really saw. They did land on the moon, but we don't know what they really saw yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
-> IMAX - Conspiracy theory - did we land on the moon.avi

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well FULCRUM, it seems you have not been even bothering to read links posted by others in this thread. That show is directly referred to (and in fact inspired) Phil Plaits page I posted earlier.

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Incidentally, to go along with the Overlords post earlier regarding the radar reflector. (Which some people seem to have ignored, fancy that).

We have this picture of the Apollo 15 landing site:
www.space.com...

Plus the fact that there is a few hundred kilo's of moon rocks that have been examined by hundreds(thousands?) of geologists, are they all in on it too?

and the fact that the Soviet Union at the time would have loved to prove NASA was lying, yet couldn't. They could see the signals were coming from the moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well FULCRUM, it seems you have not been even bothering to read links posted by others in this thread. That show is directly referred to (and in fact inspired) Phil Plaits page I posted earlier.

The show is also specifically referred to in the NASA link as well....

I will admit though, that the show was quite compelling, and had I not looked into it myself afterwards, I'd likely share your belief of fakery...as it was a persuasive argument. However, as in all persuasive arguments, it's not what you show, but what you DON'T show... Once all evidence is looked at, the logical conclusion is that we did in fact, go there just as was claimed.

The government did admit to enhancing some of the photos, for clarity, better illumination of the subjects, etc. (big deal, I do this with just about every digital photo I take at home) This "admission" is what Fulcrum is referring to (and what the special exaggerated).....

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Kano
Out of curiosity sweatmonicaIdo, what makes you pretty sure that the photos showed something 'the government' didn't want us to see?

That sounds rather unlike open minded behaviour.

Actually, it is being open-minded. I don't know about you, but I would rather have the photos not have anything the government wants us to not see.

I'd put it down to inept photography in an unfamiliar environment. Or bad film. Or improperly stored film.

Heck, I saw this with something that was very innocuous -- we were at a shallow public reef and trying to take pictures of the reef fishes (our first time snorkling.) There were lots of fishes and we could see them clearly (the eye is so much better than the camera) but shots came out murky and blurry, and some were underexposed and overexposed (shooting into shadow or shooting into light). There really were only 2-3 good ones out of 3 rolls of film.

And given the technology of the day and that they passed briefly through the Van Allen belts twice, yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if a few of the rolls of film weren't developable.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano They could see the signals were coming from the moon.
OH RIGHT! I forgot! I used to be deep into ham radio... well, after the moon landings. But one of the popular things to do for hams who had UHF equipment was to point their antennas up at the mood during the landings to attempt to listen in... several did around the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
why jump to conclusions and listen to what NASA says, they arnt that smart, or else we would be spending our vacations in venus by now... maybe it was all a hoax, maybe not, but all of you must understand that the words of scientists and politicians are not always truethfull. The reason why most people believe that the moon landing was real is because that is what majority says, and when you listen to fox and NASA your mind had already made its choice to whom it wants to hear. I believe that the moon landing could have been as much fake just as it was real. Dont let patriotism influence your decisions, even if information seems to make sense, this only gives greater probability to the fact that something indeed did happen. Just remember that the human race is like sheep we tend to follow the better sheaperd.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join