It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swords

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lucky SABOTWULF. And I agree with TheDemonHunter- I'd have some sort of over-fortified bunker teeming with funishings, food and weaponry. If any member of ATS wins the lottery, he best make us a big enough bunker for the lot of us.

DE

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Darn the creator of this topic i spent 4 hours last night looking at swords and stuff.
Ive decided when i get enough cash im buyin a Uber Pimp Katana. That is the best i want something like on the movie Kill Bill
But yea i found another sword also i wanna get. Anyone play the Final Fantasy Games??WEll i want Clouds sword from FFVII the Buster sword

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird

What is this sword used for?

It looks pretty heavy to used for any combat.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As you may guess from my pic, I own my share of swords, hehe... Can't even recall the exact number, would have to count them...but around ten... One is a sword made for staged combat (1 and a half hand Bastard Sword), and the rest either have a dragon, lion, or demonic motif... As soon as my camera is back in action (screen went), I'll post some pics of them...

Oh, and I finished my drawing, so I'll have to get a scan made, and post it....(in the members art section soon...) I'm usually not impressed much by my own work, but on this one, I blew myself away...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
Darn the creator of this topic i spent 4 hours last night looking at swords and stuff.
Ive decided when i get enough cash im buyin a Uber Pimp Katana. That is the best i want something like on the movie Kill Bill
But yea i found another sword also i wanna get. Anyone play the Final Fantasy Games??WEll i want Clouds sword from FFVII the Buster sword

I've played FFVII. Great game... even though a brick would be more more effective than the buster sword...

DE

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I pity the fool who wants to carry that big ass FFVII sword into battle. After he swings and takes out the enemies front flank he's done for.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
@ sabotwulf......

do you have a pic of your sword?
I'd love to see it.

rgds
FLC
would-be Sword Guru (with a decent lottery win
)

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ive been a swordsman my whole life started fencing when i was 10. Ive used and owned about ever type of sword ever made. I currently only have a Katana and a wakasashi the katana is rated 2 1/2 bodies it was tested by seeing how many condemed prisoners it would cut through in one blow. the wakasashi is Koto era and my favorite weapon of all time there is no equal
to a fine layered hand forged blade. It will easily sever a head with a moderate swing Ive tested it on a deer or two . So for the best sword of All time id have to say the Japanese Katana of layered steel is without a doubt the most formidable blade Ever made .
Cold steel is the Best "econo Blade" not toys
www.coldsteel.com...
Heres some of my Favorite blade links
bugei.com...
bugei.com...
www.snodyknives.com...
www.snodyknives.com...
www.galatia.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
so your sword has take 2 and a half lives? #ing wicked.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You know, The only pics I took were for insurance and those are somewhere in a file.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow. Swords!

I own about.. hmm... I have 2 six-pound replicas that could really do a number on someone, a wooden bokken (my favorite when I hear strange noises around), a Katana set (decorative, really. Moderately nice balance, but I wouldn't whack someone with them), and about half a dozen fencing epees, sabers, and foils, and at least two masks and some plastrons (including one wired for tournament fencing.)

A few.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Awesome!!

I own a few swords.

1. A Celtic sword, with the pommel in wood and brass, representing a man(the shape that is)

2. A Samurai sword set, Katana, Wakizashi and tanto, Rather cheap though, got it for $100.

3. A Tai Chi sword, another cheap piece of crap.

Swords are not where you want to save money on. If it sells for $20, that's exactly what you're going to get.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Swords are not where you want to save money on. If it sells for $20, that's exactly what you're going to get.

That is exactly true. Save up or don't get one at all. SLO's (sword like objects.... a bad name for crappy swords) are a waste of money. Trust me, I own one. Good looking, but after one use I'm guessing it'd be dead and gone.

DE

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have a battle-ready 58" Claymore, the thing is a beast though (the Scots used these weapons to take limbs off and to take out Pikes) But my absolute favorite sword is my traditional basket hilted broad sword. Its not only an elegant weapon, the Scots where known to be some of the best swordsmen around. Well being mostly Scottish myself you can see why I chose my weapons.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I own a few swords my self. My small collection includes 2 Medieval Japanese swords of Samurai. I also own 2 Civil War Calvary swords. The Civil War swords are a bit rusted, but the Samurai / Ninja swords are in pretty good condition. I always enjoyed collecting them, its a cool thing to show off

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
For those of you interested in buying swords here are some tips.

-Know your history if your doing historic reinactment or want to get a "true" sword (such as what metals were typical to the region, hilt styles, ect...)

-Typically if your looking for a real battle-ready sword, most of your medieval style weapons will be Carbon Spring Steel, stay away from Stainless steel because it doesnt sharpen as well as carbon steel, plus if you do end up in a combat situation (highly doubtfull in the modern world) stainless steel will probably shatter with several blows. Traditional Japanese swords used a special "folding" style that gave them their razor sharp edges, doubt you will find many for under $1000.

-Buy a weapon that is balanced for you, actually if you want a truly authentic weapon you can find blacksmith's still who will forge swords to your proportions. But most of it is common sense, dont buy a Flamberge if your short like me.

-Know where your sword is being made, typically you want to stay away from China, Pakistan, etc.... made swords they are really poorly forged. However the exception seems to be with some of the blades made in the Philippines I was pretty impressed by some of Ritter Steel's swords. But the best bet is going to be Spain, Scotland, Japan, anywhere its going to be hand crafted by a real artist.

well there are some pointers, hope I helped a little bit. For a well made sword dont expect to spend any less than $180, it also depends on the type of sword as well but this is generally the rule.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by daeldren]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This addiction is going to make me poorer than if I had just been a normal little boy and taken up chasing Sweet Lady H, isn't it?

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
I own a few swords my self. My small collection includes 2 Medieval Japanese swords of Samurai. I also own 2 Civil War Calvary swords. The Civil War swords are a bit rusted, but the Samurai / Ninja swords are in pretty good condition. I always enjoyed collecting them, its a cool thing to show off

-wD

If there real civil war era swords they may be worth
a lot of money depending on the maker

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I found this site for any of you interested in european style swords, it has some great reviews and comments on manufacturers as well as in depth studies on swords.

My Armoury

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Lucky SABOTWULF. And I agree with TheDemonHunter- I'd have some sort of over-fortified bunker teeming with funishings, food and weaponry. If any member of ATS wins the lottery, he best make us a big enough bunker for the lot of us.

DE

DE, if I built a dream house, it would be a lot like the X-Mansion, complete with a level of drom facilities in one of the sub-basements. And yes, boys and girls, the T-1 line would be hooked up and running.

Now if only I could figure out how to get that cool Shi'ar technology for a Danger Room....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join