It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories Abound 40 Years After Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
An interesting article, that suggests the overall effects of the Kennedy assasination on the American population.

Conspiracy Theories Abound 40 Years After JFK's Assassination

In 1966, three years after Kennedy's death, 46 percent of people surveyed in a Harris poll believed the assassination was part of a broader plot. By 1983, that number had reached 80 percent in an ABC poll.

"Many people look at the Kennedy assassination as a turning point, when people started realizing and thinking and believing their government would lie to them and lie to them repeatedly," said Gary Mack, curator of the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

A turning point indeed, as Americans have come from 'Father Knows Best' all the way to the 'X Files'

I wonder if we will ever get to the point of 100% dis-belief, and what the result would be to society as a whole.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The government can always reel people back in. Look at the polarization that happened after 09.11.01. All it takes is a national tragedy to cloud minds. I'm not sure how often they can do that (60 years apart is a lengthy amount of time), but its been proven effective.

I'm also not sure how far mind control experiments have gone. Who knows how much power the government has over the minds of its citizens without even needing physical motivative forces? I think we've either already reached this point in technology or are about to.

Making people completely lose trust in their government won't happen. Though the 80% mark is pretty good.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think the disbelief comes from the media. Look at the well-publicized JFK trials, as well as the death of Oswald. Things jsut don't add up or are horribly muddled.

DE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They will never convince me(or millions of other Americans) that Oswald killed Kennedy by himself. Although much of the questions have been answered(the so called police channel recording), there are too many unanswered questions, too many convenient connections between the people involved, and too many suspicious deaths of alot of those same people to ever convince most people of the "official" story. Unfortunatley, the truth will most likley never be told because too many careers would end and more people would probably be killed to protect those careers.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I'm also not sure how far mind control experiments have gone. Who knows how much power the government has over the minds of its citizens without even needing physical motivative forces? I think we've either already reached this point in technology or are about to.

Change Agents And Reality Creation

I have presented this link before, and some of you may have read it, but it demonstrates thru explanation, methods of using Agents of Change, to sway public opinion, belief, and direction.

It is long and wordy, but very interesting when completely read, as suddenly you may see how Agents of Change, may have been applied to you and your belief's.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i just watched the peter Jennings reprort that was supost to tell america what really happen and it was the same old crap(sorry) about lee harvey oswall and noththing about what the doctors at the hospital that saw kennedy when he was brought in, why doesnt someone really get down to the truth because there is more and after all this time, and there are people that know the truth,

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately, almost all of the people who know the truth are six feet under, Shadout.

DE

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Some people are noticing that it was two presidents that were murdered while in office and both times it was due to their threats to revamp the finanical system. Who wins and who loses, follow the money.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
After learning of John Kennedy's health problems, you cannot convince me that there was not an assassination plot. Among JFK's health problems was the fact he had Addison disease, a failure of the adrenal glands which was normally fatal during that time. He started taking cortisone as a treatment for the disease. In his White House years, Kennedy was treated by a "Dr. Feelgood," a.k.a. Max Jacobson whose medical licensce was revoked 1975 for his indiscriminate use of amphetamines. It is now known that John Kennedy was being treated by Max Jacobson and was definitely taking injections of amphetamines. To put it bluntly, JFK had become or was becoming a "speed freak". It seems likely to me that the inner power structure around the president realized that JFK had become addicted to speed and this power structure felt the need to remove him as president without the embarassment of publicly revealing him to be an addict.

www.doctorzebra.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Unfortunately, almost all of the people who know the truth are six feet under, Shadout.

DE

And when the last one dies, the truth may well die with them, I'm afraid.

top topics

join