It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big ATS Thread of Quotes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I need some quotes for a project I am working on for my family. Any quotes that are meaningful will work. Such as ancient warriors' quotes, or president's quotes, or national quotes, such as Irish or German.

Thanks for your help, and I can't wait to get started! Thanks!

-wD

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I like the quote in my signature....

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Same

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm still a fan of a comment Kano made quite some time ago in a board thread.

I swear since the USSR folded secrecy over scientific improvements has increased... no one to intimidate anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Seacrh google. There are a lot of quote sites organized by subject, or the person making the quote, or other stuff.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Alright will do. Thanks for the tip

-wD

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My personal favorites are:

"People die every day. The lucky few get to die for what they believe in."- Anon.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you..." -Nietzsche

"You may be obliged to wage war, but you are not obliged to use poison arrows." - Balthsar y Gracian

"There were days when you peered into yourself , into the secret places of your heart, and what you saw there made you fair with horror. And, the next day, you didn't know what to make of it. You couldn't interpret the terror of you had glimpsed the day before. Yes, you know what evil costs." - Satre

"He who claims to look upon death without fear, lies." -Rousseau

DE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My favorite is

"98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are looking around in wonder, abject terror, or both."

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Big Sage: "the universe expands because of our thoughts..."

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Argh! I forgot my favorite quote of all time that used to be on my sig. I am so dumb lol.

"I know not with what World War III will be fought, but I know that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

-wD

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
'There can be only one'

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
here's one relevant to current politics.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

�Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
earthone

already submitted by Smirkley, post # 2

Just one that I like...

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Here's for your project : coolsig.com...
You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
One of my favorite quotes concerns what people should do to help them get a real grip on priorities. This was in a medical periodical published for the public, but I don't remember the doctor's name who wrote it:

"I hate to break the news to all of you people, but I've done the research: EVERYBODY DIES. I say this openly for those of you that always wake up at 5AM to jog & who always eat your veggies will occasionally enjoy sleeping in & having an ice cream cone."

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Things work best, for those who make the best, out of the way things work.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here's one I found, and included on one of my recent topic posts...

Strictly speaking, you only know when you know little. Doubt grows with knowledge.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
earthone

already submitted by Smirkley, post # 2

Just one that I like...

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

#. Sorry about that folks. I do pay attention threads, I just saw that qoute online and remembered this thread so I stuck it up here. I love that qoute m0rbid!

Here are a few of my favourite quotes that reflect my personal views etc.(mostly Bill Hicks):

"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. "
- William Burroughs

"Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you."
-Bill Hicks

"They wage a war against terrorists and violence, Trying to wave their guns and fear us all into silence"
- Saul Williams"

"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye."
- Bill Hicks

"# you I wont do what you tell me"
- Zach De LA Rocha"

"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job"
-Bill Hicks

"Why hate someone for the color of their skin when there are much better reasons to hate them. "
- Denis Leary

"The older generation are leading this country to galloping ruin!"
-John Lennon

"I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin"
- Leonard Cohen

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. "
Christopher Reeve

"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."
= Bill hicks.

[Edited on 043030p://000 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I've always liked the one in my signature. Also, if you're lookin for more, there's a Quote of the Day panel on my site which changes daily

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"There is always someone bigger and badder than you out there"

my dad tells me that a lot. i like it because i hate people who think they are a badass.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This amused me.

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Zzub]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join