It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS'ers are we all just nuts?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am normal,..absalutely normal,...yes....normal....

ummmm,.....ok...normal

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i often think about this and always seem to end up thinking i am right. some of the things on ats are outrageous but i guess you have to decide what is real and what isnt. me and my mother actually fought about all this nonsense tonight. she said with the way i thought i dont deserve to live in such a great country. i wouldnt consider myself crazy at all. just not normal in the way i think. i like my eyes being open to what i perceve is the truth.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

but then again what is normal?

good point! Most people at my school and everywhere are all about stressing out over every assignment or project and are destined to do the normal thing get a job and put in long hours for descent pay and will get stuck middle management.
I could care less if I fail or pass I just want to learn stuff and do real research. It would be hell for me if I got stuck in a job where I to work 60 hours a week and be a cubicle monkey, thats nuts.
There's normal and there's NORML

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
good point! Most people at my school and everywhere are all about stressing out over every assignment or project and are destined to do the normal thing get a job and put in long hours for descent pay and will get stuck middle management.
I could care less if I fail or pass I just want to learn stuff and do real research. It would be hell for me if I got stuck in a job where I to work 60 hours a week and be a cubicle monkey, thats nuts.

So you really got to read this....I am serious!

Normal, stuck, happy?

It is all reletive.

So read it and maybe get some insight. It is pretty interesting and gave me a different perspective on thoughts of my job.

Your in school?....think about it.

www.fastcompany.com...

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i don't know if i'm normal but i know i start to be addicted to that forum, is it normal
Do i patch my lack of affection by feeding my mind with memes?

imagination is more important than knowledge

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
yep, at my "high"
school theres some that stress over very little things, then theres that dont give a sh*t at all,

i tend to be in the middle, but anyway,

anyway back to topic, what "topics" do you guys think arnt "insane" ?

i think "yellowstone research" is about the most inportent topic here,

then i think some of the ufo topics are ok, if you look at all the "evidence" then theres something* going on

i can go on forever, now whats your guys crazy or "normale" lists?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Learning new stuff, new concepts thats what does for me in the school world. I just dont see the point of stressing over everything, we are all gonna fail at some stuff big deal. I dont like money and know I dont need a lot of it, when I see someone stressing over everything and justify by saying they're gonna get a good job that pays well, that is gonna cost them time and even more stress. Maybe im a bit nuts but it aint worth the time or effort to be enslaved by a cooperation.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
hey gang,

I was just thinking, what if, we are just well, nuts?

think about it, aliens.... then we got people saying the USA goverment is out to kill the hole world? then the shadow goverment?

Im not saying anyone it nuts, but what if were wrong?

If we're wrong (and the jury is still out on some topics) then at least we're all here keeping each other occupied until the nice young men in their clean white coats can come to take us away. Of course, if we're right and the whole world is this screwed up, we could be taken away for "treatment" to keep us from hurting ourselves or others anyway.

Trust your instincts and follow the evidence to its logical conclusions. If you do that, and you're not the only one seeing the pattern, chances are you're saner than I am.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

but then again what is normal?

There's normal and there's NORML

Thanks jrod.....
I'm a 40+hr/week cubicle

I don't think my life is wasted. I learn stuff, I research, I enjoy my life as nuts as I am. Someone has to be in these cubicles. Not everyone will get a "perfect" job. I doubt there is a "perfect" job.
Cubicle
's will rule the planet someday !!!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
hey gang,

I was just thinking, what if, we are just well, nuts?

think about it, aliens.... then we got people saying the USA goverment is out to kill the hole world? then the shadow goverment?

Im not saying anyone it nuts, but what if were wrong?

If we're wrong (and the jury is still out on some topics) then at least we're all here keeping each other occupied until the nice young men in their clean white coats can come to take us away. Of course, if we're right and the whole world is this screwed up, we could be taken away for "treatment" to keep us from hurting ourselves or others anyway.

Trust your instincts and follow the evidence to its logical conclusions. If you do that, and you're not the only one seeing the pattern, chances are you're saner than I am.

~~++~~

that last 'trust your instincts....' sounds good/right

earlier, page 1, someone made reference that ats posters have 'more open eyes'... OPPOSITION here on that meme.
-->>> if anything, this is just another group in a 'Controlled Chaos' Theatre...monitored,instructed,sublime directed programmable bio-units...
given mind candy and a stage, so ya'll (self included) can dance for the puppet-masters.

BTW, it would be interesting to see a SPARTACUS.
& How that would Play Out
maybe a new forum...create a cyber-spartacus
cuz entertainment & cake is still not enough !

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
anyone who is ignorant to the world would think we are whackos just making things up, but we're not the only people who think like this, lotsa scholarly people write about this stuff, Noam Chomsky for example has been writing about the evils of the USA government since the 70s

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
hehe i lioke that idea

yup, for us with nothoing to do, this place sure helps with the time.... + some of the stuff is realy interesting,

i just think maybe there shoupd be more "real" researches? maybe we could even get a radeo/tv show?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Smirkley,

I like that article. I think most people should read it.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well dunno bout you guys but i am definately sane

(I think)

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That pretty much says it all...haven't slept in days...woohooo...guess when I'm dead. What get's me is that the board saying is "Deny Ignorance"...and a lot of what I'm seeing of the newer members...maybe even younger...who know...is IGNORANCE...they close their minds and just throw out insults...get a clue or you may look like this:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
That pretty much says it all...haven't slept in days...woohooo...guess when I'm dead. What get's me is that the board saying is "Deny Ignorance"...and a lot of what I'm seeing of the newer members...maybe even younger...who know...is IGNORANCE...they close their minds and just throw out insults...get a clue or you may look like this:

now now!! we're not all nuts!!

im 16....i count as a teenager, read my posts, and then make claims on my ignorance....

(however u do have the latter choice of labeling me paranoid!!

you dont need a degree to understand that a large chunk my age are totally clueless as to the happenings of the world.
dont blame all for the mistakes of a majority!!
btw
im ukranian....does that count me as insane since birth??

Peace
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... You're all so funny.

Come on, nobodie's sane here. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Edit: Get real. You were normal when you were born. Then things start to go bad.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I didn't mean sound like working for a cooperation is evil or anything like that. It was ignorant for me to post stuff that negative. I couldnt earn money doing stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it seams to me, the younger the person is the more openminded they are..

ask just as many younger people as adults on the street then youll get the real numbers on that...

im 16 by the way

It seams some people are born open minded just like people are born killers... but also everment also has lots to do with the way you comeout...

whats the crazyest topics you guys think ? list

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm new here, but as far as I can tell, yes, we are all nuts. not that thats a bad thing...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join