It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universal National Service Act of 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey all you american people, look at this! The bill is already been introduced to the house and the senate.

Go to:
thomas.loc.gov...

And in the search field type:

Universal National Service Act of 2003

You should get this:
Listing of 2 bills containing your phrase exactly as entered.

1 . Universal National Service Act of 2003 (Introduced in Senate)[S.89.IS]
2 . Universal National Service Act of 2003 (Introduced in House)[H.R.163.IH]

Ive read them and well it looks like the draft is definately here! What do you americans think, and will you try to stop it?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just plain scary...maybe now people will believe me when i told them this has been coming for a while now.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yep its dated january 7, 2003 so they must have had this in mind for ages, as the bill is nearly the end of the process i think?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
OMFG !!!!!!! They CAN NOT do that. Who the hell do they think they are damnit?! Correct me if I'm wrong ... isn't it for the people by the people? Or did that get changed without us noticing?! Are the american citizen's going to get a #ing say in this or are we supposed to accept it without question?! I'm sorry, but I'm not letting the government tell MY KID'S they *HAVE* to perform some form of service for this country. That's complete bull#. Well ... u kno what. Let the #er's pass the bill into law. My family will just break the law. FUC|< THEM !!!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
OMFG !!!!!!! They CAN NOT do that. Who the hell do they think they are damnit?! Correct me if I'm wrong ... isn't it for the people by the people? Or did that get changed without us noticing?! Are the american citizen's going to get a #ing say in this or are we supposed to accept it without question?! I'm sorry, but I'm not letting the government tell MY KID'S they *HAVE* to perform some form of service for this country. That's complete bull#. Well ... u kno what. Let the #er's pass the bill into law. My family will just break the law. FUC|< THEM !!!

Heh, it became an oligarchy a while back, but the memo to the people got lost in the office somehow. The biggest suprise to me was that they included women in the bill. Seems kind of like the GDR and how they required a military or civil service stint. It would also explain why the draft boards that review your postponements and deferments were being picked.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey, a lot of countries in the world, service is MANDATORY college or no college. Arnold Shwartz served 2 years in the Austrian army. I think it's a great idea.

When I got out of high school, my life had no direction and definitely no discipline. I think the service could have done wonders for me and I think it would bring everyone on an even level. Rich, poor, black, white, wouldn't matter.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Okay, even if the bill is introduced, there is no way in hell its going to pass.

I remember the last time a Congressman tried to issue a draft roughly a year ago, only 2 people voted for it... HE HIMSELF voted against it even though he was the one that started the bill.

All in all - draft = not anytime soon.

Congress won't support it... even more, the American public won't support it.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You guys clearly have no idea of how the draft works you have no choice but to obey or go to jail but a draft wont happen its not that bad and they dont just jump to it here is the step to ensure that our army stays a volunteer force.

1 Regular Army volunteer force

2 Army Reserve total mobilization

3 Full scale activation of all National Guard forces

4 Recall of all retired personnel fit for military duty at this point the entire military ranks will swell as each branch calls back its personnel

5 Re-establishment of the draft and creation of a conscript force within the
Regular Army at this point is where its real bad and the ranks swell

6 Recall of previously discharged officers and enlisted who were separated under honorable conditions more swelling of the ranks

7 Activation of the State Defense Forces/State Militias

8 Full scale mobilization of the unorganized U.S. militia at this point your going to fight prisoners will fight the old will fight the everyone will fight no choice. This one hasnt happened since the civil war when the south called all males to fight.

It is not to the draft and it would have to be real bad and I mean real bad before the draft happens but I dont have to worry about the draft cause im currently active duty.

Another reason the draft wont happen is because of the #'s of the US military, US Army= 488,579 Army Reserve=189,005 and Army National Gaurd= 333,177 US Marines= 180,000 US Marines Reserve= 40,000
US Navy= 343,500 US Navy Reserve= 129,634 Us AirForce=351,800
im tired of all this typing but in the Air Force there are about 243, 550 in reserves and air national guard now do all the math and you will see there are alot of people they have to go through so believe me none of you will ever have to defend your own freedom you can just let other people die for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh by the way I forgot the Coast Guard can also be called up to fight wars #'s are 89,100 total people.

And also the bill was reintroduced January 10, 2007 in the House and i read both of them and its not a draft it states that every person be required to serve 2 years member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security in other words in times of war and the need is high they will draft after all the above (my last post) is met and it also states service as the department of defense and you would get the same benifits i do even though i volunteered to serve. You should read more carefully before saying the draft is here it also states the president must have the approvel of the House and the Senate before these measures can be enacted.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by 19 Kilo]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is kind of old news. Bush talked about this originally in one of his State of the Union Addresses. I don't think it's received much press or attention since then (since 2003).

I'm pretty sure it would have to be re-introduced in the new congress, so as it stands its pretty much dead.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
>>>>You guys clearly have no idea of how the draft works you have no choice but to obey or go to jail

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodyelse
>>>>You guys clearly have no idea of how the draft works you have no choice but to obey or go to jail

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Canada and Mexico are about to become part of the North American Union with America so all you draft dodgers are going to have to run a lot further to get away.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I dont know anything about about an North American Union sounds kinda interesting but to the point like WHITEWAVE said draft dodgers gonna have to run alot further away if NAU is true of course and you will go to jail if you try to run and there is a draft look at Muhammad Ali "In 1964, Ali failed the Armed Forces qualifying test because his writing and spelling skills were subpar. However, in early 1966, the tests were revised and Ali was reclassified 1A. He refused to serve in the United States Army during the Vietnam War as a conscientious objector, because "War is against the teachings of the Holy Qur'an. I'm not trying to dodge the draft. We are not supposed to take part in no wars unless declared by Allah or The Messenger. We don't take part in Christian wars or wars of any unbelievers." wikipedia.org

ALi was forced to Fight outside the U.S. the only reason he didnt go to jail was because he said he was a conscientious objector and got by with it but how many people to day are really into religion on that scale i can only think of a few who could seriously prove it.

So to the point again draft isnt happening and if it does you will go thats why when you turn 18 you register for it. If you dont I think that you cant get any grants or loans from the goverment not totally sure if someone could verify this part plz.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by 19 Kilo]

join