It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Lynch as Feminist Plot??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Apparently, some people on the right are claiming that Jessica Lynch wasn't used and manipulated by the millitary/government, but rather by the powerful feminist/hollywood complex, in an attempt to create a real-life version of the tough female characters portrayed in Aliens, T2, etc. Does anyone really believe this? Afterall, the reports that she went down fighting first came from the Pentagon. Surely they can come up with a better excuse than this.

mensnewsdaily.com...
www.wnd.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think you can expect disinformation aplenty in the case of Private Jessica Lynch from this point on, to save face for the corrupt Bush admin.

Sensible people know she wasn't part of a dramatic rescue. They know she was looked after well by Iraqi doctors, who tried to return her by ambulance to the military checkpoint the day before her rescue, but had to turn around because of gunfire. They know the rescue was completely staged in a near deserted hospital.

Most people even know she was just someone caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, who became a very convenient poster child after the staged rescue.

It's a PR campaign gone very very bad for a corrupt administration. No amount of bull# from any source will affect the truth that is recalled by sensible people.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
the Army of Jessicas has a powerful lobby

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You put that one right on the money MA, very clear and concise as to what the J Lynch situation was all about and the way it went down.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
yep, better believe it

welcome to reality

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Anyone that stops and listens to what she is trying to say will get a pretty accurate picture of the truth, in my opinion. The Bush administration was waiting for a chance to create a hero, but the hero decided not to play along. Sure, she's getting a nice book deal and all, but I can't help but think that a lot of powerful people are really pissed at the way the whole thing went down. In my more paranoid moments, I start to wonder where Larry Flynt got those supposed photographs....

join