It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meatrix....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is a funny movie but it does outline a very serious problem that's been happening for a while.

www.bancruelfarms.org...

"Animals exploited for meat, milk and eggs are increasingly subjected to inexcusable abuse on industrialized farms. Cattle, pigs, chickens and other animals are genetically altered, crowded and confined in cages where they can barely move, and subjected to cruel mutilations, harsh handling, and inhumane slaughter. Please join Farm Sanctuary and help prevent cruel and irresponsible factory farming practices."

More info on the site.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
maybe plants have feelings too and dont like it when you eat them

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Life feeds on death. Show me a lifeform that does not thrive on death in some way ?
I went macro for 5 yrs when i was younger .
Maybe youd like it ?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I dont think they do, clams have feelings too

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm OK
I'm a vegetarian by proxy.

I only eat animals that eat vegetables. - Cows, sheep, deer, chickens etc YUM

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When are they gonna make a film about what the lizard aliens are doing to us?

Oops I forgot that is what the original Matrix was about.

I think that everyone should kill themselves all at the same time, that is the only solution to all our problems. Then we can let all the animals murder each other like they have for millennia.

Don't get me wrong I think that we should treat animals better than we do as what goes around comes around in the long run.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

I think that everyone should kill themselves all at the same time, that is the only solution to all our problems. Then we can let all the animals murder each other like they have for millennia.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by THENEO]

Note to self: Never accept any kool - aid type drinks from THENEO.

Jonestown anyone?

Now if we had to grow our own food, and raise our own animals I would think it'd be better, beside you don't want all those additives they put in our food.

Everything will probably go to genetic modified food.

Then I imagine over time we will become where we can only live off GM food.

Those who control the GM food will have the power.

For without us, you shall surely starve.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snake
Life feeds on death. Show me a lifeform that does not thrive on death in some way ?
I went macro for 5 yrs when i was younger .
Maybe youd like it ?

I'm not saying let's not eat animals. I just want the conditions in which the animals are kept/fed to be healthier.

In the movie, they talk about all the excrement that can leak into the rivers and that contaminates the water in nearby towns.

Also, what happens to the dead animals? They could be fed to the healthy ones, then we eat them. That's pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I dont think they do, clams have feelings too

I thought the very same thing when I read this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
maybe plants have feelings too and dont like it when you eat them

I'm with Polar on this issue....
Plants can't get up and run when you try and eat them. Poor carrot, rooted in the ground, ripped from his home by his lil' carrot top! Shame on you vegan murderers !!
Shame on your foul tasting tofu. If meat is so bad...why do vegans try and shape/mold/flavor everything "soy" into MEAT-like shapes and or flavors? Explain that one vegan devils !!!

joking of course......

[Edited on 11-17-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think that film was more of a comment on the tactics of greedy corporations rather than meat-eating.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
FYI-

Vegetarianism- definition: Poor Hunter

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think that better treatment for animals would be better. I also think that the farmers should get more from the sale of their products, not the meat packers and retail stores.

But meat is just so tasty, so I am not gonna stop eating it.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
No one has to stop eating meat - I wouldn't.

What you can do is support local farm shops where the farm sells meat that it has reared and has been 'free range' for its entire life.

We have one of these shops about 15 miles away and I will gladly travel to get my stock there. It tastes better, it's cheaper and it's the one place the animals do get a fair life before we kill and eat them.

Failing that, look for the free range marker on products and only buy those!

top topics

join