It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: Picking Up Women For Dummies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
hotpin, that is certainly true. Also, certain approaches do not work for some. Like I said, the whole "just ignore them" approach has never gotten me much but hateful glances and general disdain from a female. However,I suppose it may work for some. It just never has for me.

NEVER, ever ignore a woman!!
First rule of thumb..!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I didn't read everything here but "reek of confidence" is a great piece of advice. Be sure, though, that you know he difference between confidence and arrogance or you're doomed. Women don't like arrogant men. Not the right kind of women, anyway. And if you don't feel confident, be confident, anyway.

Make them laugh! Not by telling goofy poop jokes but be willing to make a joke, see the lighter side of things and laugh at yourself.

Those are the two most attractive qualities in a man IMO.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by millerman
"Hey sexy, where you goin?"

Please don't call a woman that you don't know "sexy"... That could really offend some women.

I liked the rest of your post, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Please don't call a woman that you don't know "sexy"... That could really offend some women.

I liked the rest of your post, though.

Oh God no!!
That would seriously put me off a man and I don't offend! I would just think what a twat!!

Oh and not directed at you BH but thought I would add it..Bad chat up lines!!
They have to be bad..I was in a niteclub in my early 20's and this fairly attractive guy came up to me and my friends were all giving me digs and knowing looks, until he said "I am an astronomer, would you like to come outside and watch the stars.."

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
hotpin, that is certainly true. Also, certain approaches do not work for some. Like I said, the whole "just ignore them" approach has never gotten me much but hateful glances and general disdain from a female. However,I suppose it may work for some. It just never has for me.

There is a movie called "The Tao of Steve" which is about a guy that is poor, fat, and ugly, yet does very well with the women. It should be mandatory viewing for every guy that wants to know how he could meet more women. The man in the movie follows three simple rules I adopted when I was single

1. Be desireless
2. Be excellent in her presence
3. Be gone

Being desireless means that women hate desperation, hate guys with their tongues hanging out. If you exude the "I wanna get laid" vibe, you will repel women. If you can trick yourself into not being interested in sex, you will not repell women.

Being excellent in a woman's presence is about doing something they might find sexy. Chances are, you are good at something. You might play a musical instrument, are good at a sport, can tell funny jokes, or can juggle. If you do these things in front of women, while being desireless, you will pique their interest.

Finally, being gone is about having the women chase you, not having you chase the women. If they are interested in you, and show a little interest, you can turn them off by jumping on top of them and drooling all over them. You will turn them on, by backing away, ignoring them, and making them work harder.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My new darling..

What you have to do, is go out and have contact with women. Then..Love I have memories!!!!!!!!
Just, slight glances and surrepetitiously added..

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Learn how to play the guitar and sing a little bit. It took me about 6 weeks of practice with a couple lessons to get where I could fake being a musician. Go to open mic nights and play and sing. Does wonders for your confidence, you meet lots of women you have something in common with, you get to hang with other musicians and party: but the absolute most important thing about playing the guitar is that you have something that you can do when you're alone and feel wonderful. And don't say, "I'm not musical"! It's a learned skill. Don't be afraid to ask women guitar players for help in learning. They will help!!!

The guy that gave me the advice I just gave you changed my life in a major way. I will forever be indebted to him. The odd thing is, is that he was a sax player.

Start now!!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Oh well! That's their problem....

Pretty much any move a guy can make will be found attractive or intriguing or flattering by some women, and offensive or insulting by others... we can't afford to dwell on "fear of being rude", lest we end up making no move at all.... ;-)

That being said, it's not something I normally do, but the OP was talking about situations where there are extreme time constraints, like you only have 3 seconds to do something... and I couldn't think of anything better than to say "Hey! SEX!!!" :p

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join