It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name your favorite professional punk... Errr... Misguided athlete...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
The biggest cheater in all of Baseball and in SPORTS.... Barry Bonds.

I'm a bit of a Barry Bones... Errr... Bonds apologist, if for no other reason than there's no drug in the world that can make you hit a curve ball or a high and inside heater. Contact is genetics... Distance is another story. Many players (including a lot of pitchers) were juicing, only "Raffy" got caught. The jury is out on Bonds, but BALCO may be his downfall.

There is just no defending the "To Wong Foo..." look.

Edit: Fixed quote tags (WCIP)

[edit on 2006-12-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
...there's no drug in the world that can make you hit a curve ball or a high and inside heater.

I would have to disagree on that.

There's no drug in the world that can help you cognitively recognize a curve or heater. (And Bonds has ALWAYS been able to do that at a Hall of Fame level.)

There are plenty that will help you get your bat to it in time and park it in the cheap seats.

(But I'll betcha we can save this argument for an inevitably successful thread in this very forum...)

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
There are plenty that will help you get your bat to it in time and park it in the cheap seats.

There are no drugs that will allow you to pull the trigger faster, or get the bat there in time. The act of making contact is a unique art that is beyond pharmaceutical enhancements... How far that ball goes after the contact is made is most definitely within the realm of illicit chemistry. You 'roid up a bum and you have a puffed up strike out king (or queen if they take to much). Only the truly gifted are helped, otherwise we'd all be swinging for the fences and making 15 million a year.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey Mirth...

I agree that the juice does NOT give you the ability of hand -eye coordination...
The juice WILL allow you to maintain your bat speed.

Bonds was a 40 -40 man...just like another Juicer... Canseco....But before that Bonds was an amazing player. One of the most gifted hitters in decades. Along with the gift of hitting... he was blessed with the gift of being an a**hole.

There is no jury out on Bonds... he is a Liar and a phony. Although I dislike McGuires pathetic performance during that congressional hearing...one thing he DIDNT do was lie.... Palmero AND Sosa both lied...

Take Barry off the human growth hormones he is probably taking...watch his numbers drop as fast as Sosa's and Palmeros.

Ted Williams often said " the hardest thing in the world to do is to hit a baseball."

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
There are no drugs that will allow you to pull the trigger faster, or get the bat there in time. The act of making contact is a unique art that is beyond pharmaceutical enhancements...

I was trying to find something all medical and fancy, but all I could come up with was a quote from an old article on Rafael Palmeiro:

from Hall of Fame or Hall of Shame? - Tom Verducci, Sports Illustrated
Forget your "Ah-nold"-pumping-iron vision of steroids. Today's substances can increase bat speed, fire quick-twitch muscle fibers...

I think I can now officially be accused of hijacking this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's a quick take on it:

electriccommentary.blogspot.com...

And here's a a comprehensive article:

www.arthurdevany.com...

And we've really gotten off topic.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
:w:

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

The left-hander was arrested around 4 a.m. after an officer noticed he had double-parked his black Bentley along a South Beach street lined with nightclubs, according to a police report. The officer said he saw Willis urinate on the street, so he later approached him after responding to an emergency call.

The officer said that Willis had watery eyes, slurred speech and appeared "confused and disoriented."

"He couldn't keep his balance, he had a strong smell of alcohol," police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

I like Dontrelle, he's been a rising star in the MLB, and he's done it wearing a Marlins' jersey.

But damn it, if you can afford a Bentley, you can afford to pay someone to drive it for you, and quit pissing in public... Consuming booze doesn't make the world your toilet.

[edit on 22/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just his team mates. The locker room cancer is spreading, it's insidious progress not just ending the Cowboys season, but quite possibly the Big Tuna's stint as Cowboy's head coach.

25 million for TO and all I got were dropped passes?

Well Jerry, you got some great 911 audio tape and a Hall of Fame coach that's probably considering trying a few too many of TO's "supplements."

My only consolation is that when TO can no longer find a team that will have him (which will happen before age or injury ends his career), he will simply implode, and become but a tragic footnote in sports history.

www.shreveporttimes.com.../20061225/SPORTS/312250004/1001

Owens added another handful of dropped pass during a disappointing effort -- despite a touchdown catch -- at Texas Stadium on Monday.

Ever the leader, Owens immediately complained about not being involved in the offense enough after the game.

"I just feel like I'm not involved early in the game," Owens said. "Everyone knows the deal. Every team I've been with I've been involved early and often. I'm giving my full effort. I want to be involved."

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Tyson arrested on DUI, coc aine possession charges

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Mike Tyson was arrested early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of coc aine after police stopped him shortly after he left a Scottsdale nightclub.

Sgt. Larry Hall said the boxer was stopped after his car almost struck a sheriff's vehicle while leaving the club at about 1:45 a.m.

"He showed signs of impairment and voluntarily submitted to field sobriety tests," said Hall, a member of the Buckeye Police Department who was working in the area as part of a holiday DUI task force.

sports.espn.go.com...

Signs of impairment? How about the sign of impairment that allowed him to convert a 300 million dollar fortune into a mountain of debt. Prison is the place for Mike, just for his own safety... I just want to see Don King as his cellmate.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Was reading the article on Tyson earlier. The guy never ceases to amaze. I remember watching clips of him from early in his career. The guy would fight once or twice a week, and rarely did it last more than a round or two. He was steamrolling his opponents with force that I don't think we even seen with Ali. Now look, the guy is the punchline to countless jokes.

He tattooed his face. I mean, C'mon. I watched an old Steve-O (JackAss) DVD where he wanted to tattoo his face. But he even knew when to draw the line. Says a lot I think.

I wish the press would stop reporting on Tyson. Next time he pulls a stunt like this, please just ignore it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
But just a little...

I'm no Dolphins fan.

Nick Saban.

Punk.

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Nick Saban is 'Bama bound.

Ending five weeks of denials and two days of deliberation, Saban accepted the Alabama coaching job and abandoned his bid to rebuild the Miami Dolphins after only two seasons.

Miami owner Wayne Huizenga said he was informed of the decision in a meeting Wednesday at Saban's house. Huizenga announced the departure at a news conference that Saban didn't attend.

This disingenuous piece of crap is never happy... The recalcitrant bride forever wooed by the next sugar daddy. Nick... You're a whore... Plain and simple. Constantly preaching the team concept, then stabbing institution after institution in the back.

Congratulations 'Bama, you've bedded the floozy, now you have to be seen with her.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
He's merely exercising his right as an American to upwardly advance and improve his position.

Give him a couple years in Alabama and then he'll be coaching the Knicks.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Looks like Vick took up a new way to "score."

ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that contained a residue "closely associated with marijuana," police said Wednesday.

The Atlanta Falcons' quarterback entered a concourse Wednesday morning at the airport with the 20-ounce bottle. He eventually handed it over and boarded his flight to Atlanta. But his initial reluctance to turn over the bottle aroused suspicion among airport security screeners, a police report said.

The bottle was found to have a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

Vick going from coach killer to international man of chronic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join