It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cookie Doodle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I got that feeling as well.

This member is a child of another members here on ATS,

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OK, the big downer....

This is all well and good but I'm just not so sure that this is the best place for an impressionable young person.

Some threads on ATS can lead some of our adults down a less than reputable path let alone a teen or pre-teen or as I like to call them "children".

I'm sure I'll get a big hot foot for this but I wouldn't bother if I didn't care.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

to the parent(s) of cookie, I'd be pretty damned proud of my child's writing skills. Cookie's post was written in a more adult manner, tone-wise, and with better spelling and grammar than about 98% of the posts I read here and on other sites.

I still want to know what kind of ghost hunting equipment they have.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Wow. Looks like a very intelligent child

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah that what think too.

Oh yeah El Che here to welcome you here enjoy ATS really great site don't you think.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the party pal.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
I was most impressed that you like The Rolling Stones.

I really like their song "jumping jack flash." I am 10 and most of the kids in my class haven't heard of the Rolling Stones. But when they played at the Super Bowl last year the kids finally figured out what I liked about them.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Amazing grammer and spelling Coockie Doodle. You must do very well in school. And what is a tween?

Thank you. I skipped a grade in school (4th grade) and when I try I can get all A's on my report card.

A tween is someone who is older than a kid but younger than a teenager. 10/11/12.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog
Have you ever seen one?

yes, DAD,
you know i have, at Gettysburg, remember? And we hear them all the time at home. Booooooo!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
hey CookieDoodle

DJDOHBOY your avatar is REALLLLLY creepy. Mine is chocolate chip cookies because I like them.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
what kind of ghost hunting equipment does your family have?

Hi, it's me ... Cookie Doodles MOM (eeeeeeeeeek! not mom!!
)

We have the usual camera equipment but not any IR. That's expensive. Wish we did though. We have our EVP equipment. Not as good as Ghost Hunters but we still have gotten some EVPs. EMF detector. Oh ... and I just got divining rods. Brass. Cookie Doodle keeps using them and I haven't gotten a chance to get a good feel with them because ... SHE'S ALWAYS GOT THEM!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmom
All they seem to care about is MySpace.

MySpace is too scary. I didn't want her hanging out there. All I hear about on the TV news is about pedophiles going after kids. I figured since I was posting here at ATS, and my husband has an account and lurks, then it was much safer for her to get her feet wet here at ATS.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't think Cookie Doodle is who he/she says he/she is.

I have already told Cookie Doodle that people here are paranoid conspiracists!
I was right!

I (FlyersFan) am her mom. Bad Dog is her dad.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
to the parent(s) of cookie, I'd be pretty damned proud of my child's writing skills.

Thanks. When she tries she does rather well. We home schooled until last year. She went to test into 4th grade but the principle bumped her to 5th. She made the transition pretty well.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I stand corrected FF.

I had a brief moment where I considered that you were actually posing as CD, but then I realized that that would be absolutely insane, and that I should get back on my meds.

Just joking, I'm not on any meds......not since the incident.

Welcome Cookie Doodle

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I'm just not so sure that this is the best place for an impressionable young person.

Mom is sittiting next to me. I am learning how to talk on the computer. Mom will only let me on certain threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
flyersfan is a woman? sheesh, I need to stop figuring all ats'ers are robe wearing dudes in basements. Well, all except me of course.

Cookie's taste in music must come from the parents. I'm doing the same thing with my kids. Not as much of the classic rock although American Pie is my daughter's favorite song. If only she hadn't heard the cheetah girls and hannah montana. I'm now cursed with mixes of good music and disney garbage sprinkled in to placate the little lady.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome CookieDoodle,
Do you have a recipe for those cookies? Your intro was too elaborate to be a child's but I choose to trust it, it was so cute.
Take Care, shun the trolls, and have a wonderful stay.
You DO know this isn't a chat-room?

WIS

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i think it depends how old "cookie" is if this site is right for him, if cookie is lets say 10 years old and he starts reading about things like stargates and new world order and all that his perception of the world will be altered.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Welcome, Cookie Doodle! You'll have lots of fun here (under your parent's watchful eyes, I'm sure!). Tons of stuff on ghosts and everything else.

Watch out for the loonies, tho... JUST KIDDING!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Your intro was too elaborate to be a child's

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
i think it depends how old "cookie" is if this site is right for him, if cookie is lets say 10 years old ...

Ya'll have to read the entire thread.

Cookie Doodle is 10. She's a girl. She's MY daughter. And I'm sitting right next to her as she talks on this thread.

She wanted to go online like her friends at school but I was too nervous to allow her to go to MYSPACE. Asala suggested to let her post here under my watchful eyes.

As far as her opening post being 'elaborate' .... Cookie Doodle is rather smart (I'm so proud!
). She was homeschooled until last year and then skipped a grade upon entered school. She's also on the high honor roll and last year won a writing contest for the entire state of Delaware (for her grade level - 5th grade).

She was giving me a hard time about learning keyboarding but since she was told that she could talk to people on this thread and tell them about herself (within safety limits) she has been exited to get keyboarding.

Most of this site is inappropriate for her, but some things in BTS and in the paranormal discussion threads are fine. I'm watching her. Her dad lurks here as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join