It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im bored with UFO/aliens now.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sorry but i am. I have been visiting this site for a few years now, and all thought was entertaining at the start reading some quite frankly whacked out ideas, it feels we have come full circle concerning the whole alien agenda.

In fact it feels stagnant, with the same old stories that pop up every now and then, to me its like the ufo community have years ago used up their ammunition
against the sceptics, who in turn haven't had to really do anything because the evidence that gets shown is paper thin at best.

It'll take a lot more to convince than just grainy vids, cranks saying they know the truth but
can't show us, or the disclosure project, which i thought was supposed to make everyone wake up and believe, but it turned out to be nothing more than a fart in the wind in the end.

Lets face it people, the world will never have contact with another race because they are either to far away, they dont want to have anything
to do with us, or (TAKE A DEEP BREATH) they simply dont exist.

I for one im bored with watching yet another dodgy vid with a shaky black
screen with a white blob darting round, with which the OP headlines it as
the best ufo vid ever.

Lets try something new, but what? cos it seems we have run out of ideas.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Don't be too disheartened.

There's always Dr Steven Greer (I think I got that right) and the Disclosure Project which has many admirable and believable people from all walks of life stepping forward. Not too many kooks or cranks in that rank and file.

Hopefully, whatever comes out of his crusade will produce fruition.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You see, this is the typical action that the governments expect from the young UFO researchers. This here is an excellent example on why the U.S. and world governments hire disinformation agents. Between the hoaxers, disinfo, and the same material, it is a recipe for creating a hard core skeptic. I believe that this is the product of millions of dollars going towards industrial psychologists and other social scientists that are employed by our governments and used to find out how to mindrape the people.

These scientists find a way to confuse, ridicule, and they use hoaxes for the benefit of disinformation. And to that, add the millions of people who become photographic retards when trying to get UFOs on film. End product, a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
i know why dont you just find something else to do with your life, coming here whining because you cant see past your nose isnt going to fix your problem

What kind of a crap comment is that? Ufos are not even a minor part of my life
i was only saying that we need something fresh. If you dont like my post, sod
off and dont read it.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Originally posted by trewth
i know why dont you just find something else to do with your life, coming here whining because you cant see past your nose isnt going to fix your problem

What kind of a crap comment is that? Ufos are not even a minor part of my life
i was only saying that we need something fresh. If you dont like my post, sod
off and dont read it.

If you're bored with UFOs or don't like coming to ATS anymore, then just keep your trap shut. We don't want to hear your whining. I think that's the point he was trying to make.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let me tell you a story.

When I was younger, I was very much interested in the whole UFO/ET phenomena. I spotted some UFOs in my younger days and such, but now that I am nearing thirty years of age, while not a skeptic, I am at peace with the subject. If they exist, they exist. If they don't,well, then they don't. No longer do I get in lengthy,drawn out arguments with people about this. Chances are, you are not going to change their mind and they are not going to change yours.. So..

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Let me tell you a story.

When I was younger, I was very much interested in the whole UFO/ET phenomena. I spotted some UFOs in my younger days and such, but now that I am nearing thirty years of age, while not a skeptic, I am at peace with the subject. If they exist, they exist. If they don't,well, then they don't. No longer do I get in lengthy,drawn out arguments with people about this. Chances are, you are not going to change their mind and they are not going to change yours.. So..

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Then whats the point of this whole website then?
Are we not here to discuss things that we want to know the truth about?
Cant we complain when we find something not to our liking?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sneakoid, have you not looked at how gigantic this site is? There is more to discuss other than whether aliens exist or not!!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified materialIf you're bored with UFOs or don't like coming to ATS anymore, then just keep your trap shut. We don't want to hear your whining. I think that's the point he was trying to make.

I wont stop whining. Just becuse you dont agree with me, i should leave this site?
Get real. Ufos are a small part of this wonderful website, and lets face it the whole subject is conjecture at best. So if i want to bare my grieviences on aliens/ufos then i will continue to do so. Just because im skeptical on certain
vids and what have you, it doesnt warrant me being told to shut my trap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 16/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Sneakoid, have you not looked at how gigantic this site is? There is more to discuss other than whether aliens exist or not!!

Agreed!

Some people cant handle anothers opinion thats all.

L3X

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiodI wont stop whining. Just becuse you dont agree with me, i should leave this site?
Get real. Ufos are a small part of this wonderful website, and lets face it the whole subject is conjecture at best. So if i want to bare my grieviences on aliens/ufos then i will continue to do so. Just because im skeptical on certain
vids and what have you, it doesnt warrant me being told to shut my trap.

Sometimes, you should have right: you read a lot of stuff about UFO, Omega Agency etc. and you think that the facts now, are more little clear but it could happen..some kind of truth came to you and your point of view crash like a sand castle, another puzzle to complete...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed quadruple nested quote

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree with you thesneakiod. Its the same old conspiracy rubbish over and over again.

The people on this site accuse the government of branding them as lunatics for believing "The Truth". However come on this forum and argue against aliens and you get told to (butt out) and are then often banned - what the hell does that imply about this forum!

Come up with some decent proof and people will believe you! Not some grainy video of a 747 coming into land - sure its a UFO because the picture quality is so crap! But it definately isn't alien ship!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulwilliamaskew
I agree with you thesneakiod. Its the same old conspiracy rubbish over and over again.

The people on this site accuse the government of branding them as lunatics for believing "The Truth". However come on this forum and argue against aliens and you get told to [snip] off and are then often banned - what the hell does that imply about this forum!

You registered today and came to that conclusion already? Wow, how did you do that?

BTW, circumventing the censors is frowned upon.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have been looking at this site for years, and as pointed out, nothing has changed. Being a conspiracy theorist is "frowned upon" in society, but that does seem to stop anyone does it!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
You see, this is the typical action that the governments expect from the young UFO researchers. This here is an excellent example on why the U.S. and world governments hire disinformation agents. Between the hoaxers, disinfo, and the same material, it is a recipe for creating a hard core skeptic. I believe that this is the product of millions of dollars going towards industrial psychologists and other social scientists that are employed by our governments and used to find out how to mindrape the people.

These scientists find a way to confuse, ridicule, and they use hoaxes for the benefit of disinformation. And to that, add the millions of people who become photographic retards when trying to get UFOs on film. End product, a skeptic.

summed up: "If you don't like whats being said, change the channel. Find a new voice to fill your head. Don't think about it yourself."

How do we know YOU aren't a government plant? Maybe by talking about all the blatant BS that gets accepted in this forum we might be actually comming CLOSER to the truth? Do you see how being so closed minded is wrong?

Count me as one of the disenchanted and disillusioned. The reason any of us started reading forums like this is the faint hope that maybe we'd find some truth. But this forum really isn't different than anything else. There's the people trying to sell you stuff (alienagenda), the hardliners who put their hands over their ears whenever they don't like what they hear (look at Cabanman's post), and people along for the ride (myself and many others).

So I ask, why do YOU read this forum, SpeakerofTruth, trewth, Cabanman, classified material, and intrepid?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gunney

summed up: "If you don't like whats being said, change the channel. Find a new voice to fill your head. Don't think about it yourself."

How do we know YOU aren't a government plant? Maybe by talking about all the blatant BS that gets accepted in this forum we might be actually comming CLOSER to the truth? Do you see how being so closed minded is wrong?

Count me as one of the disenchanted and disillusioned. The reason any of us started reading forums like this is the faint hope that maybe we'd find some truth. But this forum really isn't different than anything else. There's the people trying to sell you stuff (alienagenda), the hardliners who put their hands over their ears whenever they don't like what they hear (look at Cabanman's post), and people along for the ride (myself and many others).

So I ask, why do YOU read this forum, SpeakerofTruth, trewth, Cabanman, classified material, and intrepid?

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Why do you accuse me of working for the government? You make no sense. I wrote what I wrote so that people get an idea of how some agencies use special tactics to confuse and deter young would be UFOlogists. I, in no way am condemnig the author of this thread. I was only using some examples on how "in my view" these agencies use such things as hoaxes, poor quality vids, agents to help confuse people.

And what do you mean look at my posts? What is wrong with them?

I can tell that you have new to these boards, don't talk about a person if you do not know them well. In this case you probably have not read the pro-ufo posts that I have made.

And as why do I read these forums is because I am waiting for the big-one, the thread that will finally lead us to the truth.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree, there is a massive attitude problem on this forum, not from the skeptics but from the believers.

The believers seem to think they are more intelligent than everyone else, they will not admit this of course, but in their mind they believe it. They view the skeptics as "close minded" people who will not accept their fabricated truths. A truth is provable, it is not just true because it is or because someone believes it is, you must prove it. The believers think that everything thats point against their beliefs is of course answerable to "disinfomation agents", which of course they cannot prove exist. They view the skeptics as "assembly line humans", because of course, they are mentally inferior. A prime example of this is Cabanmans "End product, a skeptic". So all skeptics are simply skeptics because of:

a)The disinfomation campaigns (which you cannot prove).
b)They are mentally inferior (which they will not attempt to prove).
c)The lack of evidence (cannot prove due to "the millions of people who become photographic retards when trying to get UFO's on film and the unprovable government coverups). - This is also a prime example of a believer believing himself to be mentally superior - "millions of retards"- Caberman.

The people who believe this seem to believe to easily, in all things, as they do in their superior intelligence. They are basically arrogant and believe people to be stupid, since of course, thats what skeptics are.

I am a skeptic, maybe you could show me some disinfomation then, or I should trust you, because of course you would know about the unseen and unprovable. I am not closed minded or stupid and am sick of being accused of being so, I have the capability to see both sides of the argument, unlike some Caberman.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seems like manners and politeness in general is a thing of the past...

sneakiod, if you no longer find the motivation to search you probably need to take a step back and give it a rest. Try to see it from another perspective, sometimes comparing knowledge/theories from different "camps" which usually are not seen in relation to each other can yield results.

I can certainly see how people get fed up looking at the same grainy/blured footage/image which proves nothing. I�m a proffesional photographer and some two days ago i saw for the first time something very weired in the sky, yet i did not attempt to shoot it cause i knew it would be another "dot" against a black BG which would be pointless.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulwilliamaskew
I agree, there is a massive attitude problem on this forum, not from the skeptics but from the believers.

The believers seem to think they are more intelligent than everyone else, they will not admit this of course, but in their mind they believe it. They view the skeptics as "close minded" people who will not accept their fabricated truths. A truth is provable, it is not just true because it is or because someone believes it is, you must prove it. The believers think that everything thats point against their beliefs is of course answerable to "disinfomation agents", which of course they cannot prove exist. They view the skeptics as "assembly line humans", because of course, they are mentally inferior. A prime example of this is Cabanmans "End product, a skeptic". So all skeptics are simply skeptics because of:

a)The disinfomation campaigns (which you cannot prove).
b)They are mentally inferior (which they will not attempt to prove).
c)The lack of evidence (cannot prove due to "the millions of people who become photographic retards when trying to get UFO's on film and the unprovable government coverups). - This is also a prime example of a believer believing himself to be mentally superior - "millions of retards"- Caberman.

The people who believe this seem to believe to easily, in all things, as they do in their superior intelligence. They are basically arrogant and believe people to be stupid, since of course, thats what skeptics are.

I am a skeptic, maybe you could show me some disinfomation then, or I should trust you, because of course you would know about the unseen and unprovable. I am not closed minded or stupid and am sick of being accused of being so, I have the capability to see both sides of the argument, unlike some Caberman.

Skeptics are Skeptics. But to make a believer a skeptic, is what I am talking about. The author of this thread says he is tired of the UFO field. That fakes, and hoaxes, and blurry pics and old info seems to be taking this field nowhere. Apparently he was a believer at some point. And I only suggested that this is what some agencies want us to think. Turning SOME believers into skeptics. And yes, it is typical for people that are attempting to film UFOs to filmed them like if they where mentally challenged. Of course, that was just sarcasm I was using. The excitement gets the better of them. But I guess I'll have to be literal If I am gonna chat with you.

Oh and it's Cabanman to you buddy

If you can�t understand what I am saying U2U me.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Main Entry: spec�u�late
Pronunciation: 'spe-ky&-"lAt
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -lat�ed; -lat�ing
Etymology: Latin speculatus, past participle of speculari to spy out, examine, from specula lookout post, from specere to look, look at -- more at SPY
intransitive verb
1 a : to meditate on or ponder a subject : REFLECT b : to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively
2 : to assume a business risk in hope of gain; especially : to buy or sell in expectation of profiting from market fluctuations
transitive verb
1 : to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence : THEORIZE
2 : to be curious or doubtful about : WONDER

OK, let me break it down to you real slow, Cabanman.

Originally posted by Cabanman
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Why do you accuse me of working for the government?

"How do we know" is what I said. The truth is we don't. It's all speculation, was my point.

You make no sense. I wrote what I wrote so that people get an idea of how some agencies use special tactics to confuse and deter young would be UFOlogists.

More speculation. You don't know how the government runs any covert operations.

I, in no way am condemnig the author of this thread. I was only using some examples on how "in my view" these agencies use such things as hoaxes, poor quality vids, agents to help confuse people.

You are doing a fine job of confusing people all by yourself.

And what do you mean look at my posts? What is wrong with them?

"post". Read above and try to understand what I'm saying this time.

I can tell that you have new to these boards, don't talk about a person if you do not know them well. In this case you probably have not read the pro-ufo posts that I have made.

I'll double highlight this gem "don't talk about a person if you do not know them well". This whole forum is for talking about things we don't know. If you're hurt when someone challenges your little beliefs, get over it.

I eagerly await your missing the point of this thread again in your next post.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join