It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need an expert's eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was searching the region for an academic assignement with the google earth engine, when overnight i bumped into this pyramid-like mountain. To me its look like a pyramid. Perhaps i am too ATSholic and see strange things everywhere, so tell me your views.

An expert's eye whould be the best to lift my doubts.

here is the link:
maps.google.co.uk...,+Thessaloniki+Greece&ie=UTF8&sll=40.47542,23.180466&sspn=0.238699,0.63858&z=12&t=k&om=1&iwloc= addr

At chalkidiki peninsula, in a distance of about 12 kilometres from the co-capital Thessaloniki, near a village with the name Vasilika there is lying a mountain...

...at the peak, the oratory of ''Prophet Helias'' is looking far away the vicinity

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And from an different vista i get this:
i125.photobucket.com...

Again with the help of google earth. More like a burried pyramid now.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i think u guys need some sleep lOLOOLOl

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
www.uk.digiserve.com...
its a natural hill
Vasiliki is actually built on the lower slopes of it
that link takes you to a website that details excavations that are currently taking place there

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Vasiliki is actually built on the lower slopes of it
that link takes you to a website that details excavations that are currently taking place there

Vasiliki is an whole different place from Vasilika. The first one is located in Crete island...

The site is situated on a small hill at the northern end of the Ierapetra isthmus near the village of Vasiliki from which it takes its name. This isthmus is a short band of low-lying land some 11 kilometres in length stretching from the north coast of Crete

...while Vasilika at Chalkidiki peninsula.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The strange thing about Pyramids is that we have seen them in environments and climates that support their reveilment to common view.
For examples:

-Pyramids of Giza
The strong winds, the soft sand and the lack of rain make these structures imposible to filled up with concrete clay

-Mayan pyramids at Yukatan peninsula
The perennial rain and humid of the forest makes imposible the clay to fill the pyramids up as clump

-The Messopotamian pyramids
Again the climate conditions do not support the solidification of soil and these structures remain at a common view.

What do we see so far?

If we place down a map of the globe and connect with the line the visible pyramid sites we will jump to the conclusion that this line circuling around the earth like equator.

What conclusion we vouch from this?

That pyramid like structures are not only in this equator but higher or lesser equators as well. Remember that pyramids we see at different civilizations (Aztec, Maya, Egypt, Messopotamians, e.t.c. which are located about at the same equatorial).

What prevent us from hypothesis that Europe had (or still has) as well?

Already, as it is said, pyramids found in Ukrain and in Bosnia.

What is the difference?

In tempered climate the soil can be stabilized and roof structures. That's why it was strange enough to believe pyramids could be found in Europe.

Just a thought!!! (Not being scientist yet)

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What is the difference?

well strictly speaking the mesoamerican ones are temples and the mesopotamian ones are ziggurats
they all had completely different functions as well as completely different construction techniques and were built at different times in history by completely different peoples
good page explaining the differences here
www.geocities.com...
but I can't say that it really details what you were saying
but then
what exactly are you saying
someone built all of them ?
there is 0% evidence to support that

Already, as it is said, pyramids found in Ukrain and in Bosnia

both of which have already been proved to be completely fake
www.archaeology.org...

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

what exactly are you saying
someone built all of them ?

Definitely not.
I am saying that the climate in these regions makes the dust flows, which means that pyramids cannot be burried... All known pyramids are not in tempered climates.

On the other hand, in Europe (tempered climate), we have:
rain,
sun,
in the right proportions to concrete sand and give the impression of a (pyramidlike) normal mountain.
The same we see with the Ukranian, Bosnian pyramids.
Archeologists have to dig them up,
right?

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, I guess the best way to prove this once and for all is to excavate every pyramid shaped hill in Europe. I reckon is you get started now you should have finished in about ........................... 3,000,000 years time .......

Hills naturally take on pyramidal shapes, especially when viewed from a distance or in satellite images.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

On the other hand, in Europe (tempered climate), we have:
rain,
sun,
in the right proportions to concrete sand and give the impression of a (pyramidlike) normal mountain.
The same we see with the Ukranian, Bosnian pyramids.
Archeologists have to dig them up,
right?

wrong
the mesoamerican temples are built in jungles yet still are not all covered with vegetation as normallY the area around the structure was cleared of vegetation when they were constructed

in europe the same is true
mud does not climb to the top of pyramids to settle
mud is in fact created by water flow over rock and consists of sand silt and decomposing vegetable matter
none of which would be present atop a man made structure
and as you pointed out
it rains in europe
so what little soil that would be deposited by the wind would soon be washed off again

using the bosnian pyramid as an example is not valid because as anyone whos actually looked into this for themselves will tell you....
it really is just a hill and the man who is claiming it isn't is an engineer from houston who believes that aliens from the pleaides came here on photonic spaceships and linked up with the mayans who they used for construction advice
which is about as ridiculous as ridiculous gets

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I will give you an example:
en.wikipedia.org...

the German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann excavated a hill, called Hisarlik by the Turks, near the town of Chanak (�anakkale) in north-western Anatolia. Here he discovered the ruins of a series of ancient cities, dating from the Bronze Age to the Roman period. Schliemann declared one of these cities�at first Troy I, later Troy II�to be the city of Troy, and this identification was widely accepted at that time.

excavated a hill!!!
At that period Heinrich Schliemann influenced by Homer started searching Lliad, when everyone else calling his ''dreamer''.

Indead, Troy was burried and he was right...
Troy is not the only digging site that needed to be dug up but other as well.
The example of Vassiliki you gave me, testify that.

Tempered climates are ideal to bury structures.

it rains in europe
so what little soil that would be deposited by the wind would soon be washed off again

You forget the ingredient ''sun''/''heat'' mostly at the Summer season.

Do an experiment:
Mind to take wet mud outside under the hot sun and the next day you will find a concrete mass.

the mesoamerican temples are built in jungles yet still are not all covered with vegetation as normallY the area around the structure was cleared of vegetation when they were constructed

That is not far off, but still off.
I will give you an example:
London, nowadays, is vegetation covered free. Let's say in the distant future is life free but not covered with the local vegetation completely. The continuous rain will leave it clear from mud, since sun is very little to solidate the wet soil.Yet not covered with vegetation 'couse plants need concrete soil to grow, take the right supplies and finish all the phytogenic procedures.

When we have a burried structure it happens to see plants at the surface above.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dragonlike
Schlieman excavated what is known in archaeological circles as a tell
en.wikipedia.org...
he didn't find a pyramid underneath it
so your original belief that there are hidden pyramids under hills is still erroneous
and your understanding of natural processes that cover up archaeological sites leaves a lot to be desired
your attempt to prove it by your example of

Mind to take wet mud outside under the hot sun and the next day you will find a concrete mass.

does not take two things into account
1) you had to place the mud there in the first place
2) the next time it rains there will be no trace of your "concrete mass" at all
the only case of any temple being buried by a natural process is that of Cuicuilco which unfortnately got a large volcanic eruption right in its face

en.wikipedia.org...

so you were saying that hills are actually hidden pyramids
and yet so far you have presented no evidence of such
have made no logical assumptions
have not tested your hypothesis by looking at the facts
what exactly are you going to do for an encore ?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

you had to place the mud there in the first place

There were many archeological sites such us Verginas' needed to be unearthened
en.wikipedia.org...

The town became internationally famous in 1977, when the Greek archaeologist Manolis Andronikos unearthed what he claimed was the burial site of the kings of Macedon

Tell me how this place got burried?
The same way this site got burried, a pyramid could be covered up under earth. Don't ask me the way, becouse simply i don't know.

the next time it rains there will be no trace of your "concrete mass" at all

I disagree!!!
Flowers/plants/trees have the ability to withhold the sand.
I will give you an true example happened in my country at 1998:
At 1998 fires broke out and burnt most of the trees in many hills.
The result was to slide many rocks from these hill over the nearby roads, since there was no tree or vegitation to hold them.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
and the roads were then cleared because the population was still present
finding archaeological sites under small hills is a very common phenomena
no more so than in Mesopotamia when in the 1850s archaeologists discovered that what they had thought of as small hills were in fact the ruined remains of Ziggurats
in a flat landscape this happens very easily as the ziggurats themselves were made from mud bricks which over time degraded until they resembled the landscape around them from which they had been formed

but its a matter of scale
the largest man made structure in the ancient world is the pyramid of Giza
it is not covered with earth
the larger the structure gets the les chance there is of it being hidden by natural processes

so basically anything bigger than a very small hill is just what it appears to be
a natural feature

ref your other question as to how places get buried its very simple
ancient towns are situated near to resources that are essential to its survival such as rivers
over generations without refuse collection the older streets become buried and new structures are built on top because the resources don't move
this is true of ALL ancient world civilisations from egypt through mesopotamia and to the new world where rebuilding atop the old is normal practice
in the case that you cited

The town became internationally famous in 1977, when the Greek archaeologist Manolis Andronikos unearthed what he claimed was the burial site of the kings of Macedon

the burial site was actually constructed below the surface of the earth in the first place and then hidden to make it inaccessible to tomb robbers
had you read further you would have seen

In 1977 Andronikos undertook a six-week dig at the Tumulus and found four buried chambers which he identified as hitherto undisturbed tombs

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sylvain.patoche.org...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, i think you are right.
Even, the tomps above which are the most huge structure i've seen after pyramids were buried on purpose by the indigenous of their time.

Your arguments are rational and have dumfound me. However, your views are very helpful and make me comprehend a few things...

You have voted Marduk for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

You deserve it

...although, i came up with an other theory, of burying pyramids as ''tombs'' or whatever, deliberately, the same way the did the Tomb of Atrean (pictrure dipicted above).
This we will not discuss it now.
Thread closed

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I made a lttle research and i found that many Mayan towns alongside with their pyramids had been burried deliberatly when the indigenous folks left the towns
It is mentioned in the book: The Maya Prophecies (a known best seller) by Adrian G. Gilbert & Maurice M. Cotterell.

After all, people are right to believe that there may be pyramid like structure under earth.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
I made a lttle research and i found that many Mayan towns alongside with their pyramids had been burried deliberatly when the indigenous folks left the towns

I don't know where the writers got that mistaken impression, but it's simply not true. They got covered up with jungle plants and some were burned (at least the wooden parts), but they most certainly are not buried deliberately.

Here's a site on some of the archaeology of old Mayan centers:
www.maya-archaeology.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
theres one famous temple that was covered deliberately right by mexico city. can't remember the details though
pseudoscientists claimed it was covered by a volcanic eruption and tried to put the date back by thousands of years
pffft
maybe hes getting confused/reading the wrong sites

top topics

join